Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Homeopaths online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwini Indulkar
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Black Spots on Skin
Treatment of Hair Growth
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Oily Skin
Treatment of Rashes
Glowing Skin Procedures
Management of Dark Skin
Hair Health Treatment Procedures
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Treatment of Sunburn
Laser Hair Removal
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini IndulkarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Best in the city. The equipments are world class and so is the experience. A must visit for all your skin and hair treatments.
Hyperpigmentation refers to the darkening of certain areas of the skin when compared to the general complexion of a person. This can occur in any part of the body and people are known to suffer from the same often. There is no fixed age when hyperpigmentation occurs and can take place at any point of time in one’s life.
What are the types of hyperpigmentation?
A person can suffer from several forms of hyperpigmentation. These include.
- Freckles- These are tiny black spots which appear on the skin.
- Solar Lentigines- These spots mainly appear due to overexposure to the sun.
- Melasma- This type of hyperpigmentation is only seen in pregnant women as it is caused by hormonal changes related to the pregnancy.
Causes of Hyperpigmentation
There can be a number of reasons that can cause hyperpigmentation. Here is a look at some of the most common cases for the disorder
- Children can inherit the disorder from their parents.
- Prolonged exposure to the sun can also cause the same.
- Fidgeting with skin and poking at it may cause the disorder.
- Certain drugs related to hormone imbalance and antibiotics may cause hyperpigmentation as a side effect.
- Skin damage from severe acne can also be a cause for the disorder.
Homeopathy For Hperpigmentation-
Homeopathy does not merely treat the area of the skin where the effects of hyperpigmentation are visible. Instead, it treats the underlying issue that causes the hyperpigmentation in the first place. The medication cannot be prescribed in such a case without fully evaluating the patient and going through his/her medical history.
Homeopathic practitioners consider the cause of the abnormal pigmentation of the skin prior to prescribing the medicine. Some of the things that are checked among patients include their stress levels, hormonal balance in the body, exposure to sun, nutrition and even the veracity of their immune systems.
A doctor who gets to the root of the issue will know exactly which course of the treatment will be most effective against the disorder for the said patient. Since excess melanin is usually the culprit behind any pigmentation-related disorder, homeopaths prescribe medicines that nullify the excess compound and restores overall hormonal balance of the body. However, to maintain the overall texture and quality of skin, homeopathic practitioners may also recommend the usage of certain ointments.
Photodamaged skin is a disorder which is mainly caused due to overexposure to the sun. This is why it is also referred to as sun damaged skin. The sun’s rays causes the naturally occurring oils of the skin to evaporate that eventually leads to dry skin. Once the skin is dried out, the UV rays from the sun can burn it which in turn causes the disorder.
Types of Photodamaged Skin
Sun damage to the skin is not limited to just a single form. In fact, there can be 4 distinct types in which the disorder can affect the skin.
- Dry Skin- This causes the skin to flake off and look wrinkled in the process.
- Sunburn- When your skin is slightly over-exposed to the sun, it may become red and painful. However, greater exposure may even cause blisters and other forms of boils to appear over the skin’s surface.
- Actinic keratosis- A more permanent form of sun damage, Actinic keratosis results in the formation of a small patch of scaly eruptions on the skin. This does not go away on its own and needs to be removed by a physician.
- Long-term changes- If the exposure to the sun continues for a considerably long period of time, it may cause permanent damage to the structural protein in the skin. Photo-ageing or premature ageing may be one of the long-term changes.
Effective homeopathic treatment for sun damaged skin
Homeopathy treats the underlying cause of the sun damage and not just the external area of the skin where the damage has occurred. This is why the practitioners will first conduct a complete checkup of the patient to know about the normal skin condition of that person. Some people tend to have oily skin while others are predisposed to have drier skin. The people with dry skin are at greater risk of sun damage, as compared to those who possess oily skin.
Certain homeopathic medications are devised to treat mild sunburn while others are effective against the photodamaged skin cases of greater severity. For instance, the medicine extracted from Cantharis sp. is a great homeopathic medicine for treating sun damaged skin where blisters are also visible. However, the medicine extracted from the plant Belladonna is used in case the sunburn has only caused redness and no other symptoms.
At any rate, patients are recommended to avoid exposing their skin to the sun, as continued exposure can lead to skin cancers as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Polycystic ovarian disease is a disorder that currently affects at least 4 out of 10 women. A sedentary lifestyle and faulty eating habits are the major reasons behind the development of PCOD. This condition is accompanied by irregular menstruation and often a patient misses her periods for a few months.
PCOD is the accumulation of fluid-filled cysts in the ovaries due to which the normal menstruation is disrupted and ovaries become inflated. Allopath medicines treat the disorder by inducing the periods. But they do not eliminate the cysts from the ovaries completely. However, homeopathic medicines treat the symptoms rather than the disorder itself and eventually regularize menstruation. Homeopathic medicines are so effective that a person after completing the course does not need to depend on medicines anymore to get her periods.
- A homeopathic medicine which is made from the tincture of the common cuttlefish is a foolproof method to treat PCOD. This medicine can regularize the menstruation and also treat enlarged ovaries. The medicine is also used to treat hirsutism, a condition accompanied by unusual growth of facial hair.
- Anemone is a group of flowering plants which belongs to the buttercup family. The extract of this plant is used to make a homeopathic medicine to treat PCOD. This medicine particularly treats the symptom whereby the woman suffers from inadequate menses and abdominal pain during the flow. The medicine amends the condition by gradually removing the disruption that leads to insufficient menses.
- Impure calcium carbonate that is often found lining the mid-section of shells is used to compose homeopathic medicines to treat PCOD. The medicine is used to treat a woman who suffers from excessive flow as well as obesity.
- Samuel Hahnemann was the first practitioner to find out that salt can be used as a homeopathic remedy. Salt in the form of a homeopathic medicine is used to treat a woman with PCOD, especially those suffering from suppressed periods that can lead to infertility. A woman suffering from PCOD who is looking forward to conceiving can take this medication to cure the self.
- Eastern arborvitae is an evergreen coniferous tree whose extract is used to make a homeopathic medicine that has the ability to melt the cysts that accumulate in the ovaries as a result of PCOD.
- PCOD is often accompanied by the development of acne and pimples. These symptoms can be easily treated by homeopathic medicines that are composed of sulfur, silicon and oxygen.
Eczema is a skin condition that is accompanied by itchy rashes on the skin. They often bleed and give out a foul smell. Eczema usually develops during one's childhood. There are allopath medicines available to treat this condition but their action is only short-lived. These medicines provide temporary relief but fail to cure the ailment completely. However, homeopathic medicines can help an affected person recover completely owing to their ability to work at the core. Today we are going to discuss about some of the components that homeopathic medicines use to treat eczema.
- Some of the homeopathic supplements use carbon or black lead to treat eczema. Eczema often tends to develop around warm and moist areas like the folds of the elbows, behind the ears, between the toes, behind the knees. Black carbon is a primary aerosol which contains cooling agents. Homeopathy remedies make use of this quality of black carbon to heal eczema.
- Eczema undoubtedly develops in areas that mostly receive less air. However, the condition can be aggravated during the winters and cause more irritation. There are homeopathic supplements that make use of a fluid extracted from the vesicle (a component of the cell) of a person affected by scabies to treat eczema. Scabies is another skin condition that occurs when the scabies mites eat into the skin and lay eggs there. This is a condition that is somewhat similar to eczema in that it leads to skin irritation and itchiness.
- Petroleum extract is another homeopathic remedy to treat eczema. The medicine made from petroleum works in a similar manner as Vaseline. As has been aforementioned eczema worsens during the winter as the skin gets chapped and incessant scratching leaves lesions on the skin. The homeopathic drug controls this situation by keeping the skin moisturized.
- According to the University of Michigan Health System, sulfur is a very important mineral that takes care of the connective tissues, bones, teeth, hair as well as the skin. Therefore homeopathic medicines use sulfur which acts as a sure-fire component when it comes to treating eczema.
- Poison Ivy is a component that is used to treat skin conditions. The homeopathic drug made from the extract of the poison ivy plant especially treats eczema that develops on the face, scalp and around the mucous membranes. Severe eczema can also result in stiff joints. The medicine works to heal a person from such botheration.
This is an article that aims at making you acquainted with the homeopathic remedies available for treating eczema.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!