Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AshwiniYour feedback matters!
Tokophobia is an extreme and uncontrollable fear of childbirth or pregnancy. While pregnancy is expected to be a time when women experience long bouts of anxiety, when they develop a fear of childbirth so intense that it disrupts their ability to lead normal lives or have a normal birth, they very likely have tokophobia.
Symptoms of tokophobia
If left untreated, tokophobia can only become more intense and damaging. Not only can this disorder lead to an elective termination of some pregnancies because of fear, but the psychological stress attendant with the disorder can often be damaging to a pregnancy even if the woman does not elect to terminate it. Furthermore, tokophobia may only be a byproduct of other emotional and behavioral disorders such as clinical depression. Some of the more apparent indicators of tokophobia include:
- Feelings of dread or panic when the idea of childbirth or pregnancy arises
- Refusing to go through with childbirth unless elective caesarean section can be guaranteed
- An intense increase in anxiety or depression while pregnant
- Expressing a strong desire to have children while also refusing to become pregnant
- Previous terminations of apparently healthy pregnancies
- Intense fear that childbirth will result in maternaldeath, stillbirth, miscarriage or birth defects
Common facts about tokophobia
Women who have this disorder will likely refuse going through childbirth without some kind of sedative and they will often be very adamant about wanting a caesarean section. Still, other women will avoid becoming pregnant altogether, despite their strong desire to have children. These women will often have very stringent contraceptive strategies, using several methods at once. In tokophobic women who went through normal pregnancies, as well as those who had caesarean sections, some suffered further problems after childbirth such as postnatal depression and delayed bonding with their infants.
It helps in premature ejaculation. Eat for minimum 30 days daily 5 grm and see the benefits.
1) singhara is used for treating diarrhoea, dysentery, thyroid problem, swelling and bronchitis.
2) it is natural antioxidant, prevents wrinkles, protects from uv rays and helps to cure weakness.
3) it helps to prevent sugar, ulcer, gout and heart diseases.
4) singhara is very rich in carbohydrate and 100 gm of it gives 115 calories.
5) it help in proper functioning of thyroid.
6) the fruits are used to treat sore throat, anemia, fractures, urinary disorders, and in leprosy.
7) it is anti oxidant and help to cure cough.
8) singhara peel can be grind and applied on swelling to get relief.
9) regular eating of its flour helps to gain weight.
10) for eczema cure, dried singhara should be mixed with lemon juice and applied regularly on affected area.
Hello, can you please me, HSG when it is suitable to do it, I mean, period k kitne din bad, please help me.
Hello actual I'm facing the white problem, I consult my doc she have some test (not remember test name), so she said everything is normal, but it will start after my period daily bit very little, actual I'm planning for a baby, I just worried is it any kind of symptoms of pregnancy. Pls let me. Thank you.
When I test my pregnancy it's positive but after some days monthly period starts coming. So I am confuse and it's happening since 2014. I don't know what might be wrong in my wombs. So can you please help me out with best suggestions.
Fennel is a very common spice in india and is usually present in every kitchen. In fact, from a very young age, it has been seen that the elders advise the youngsters to consume a pinch of fennel after any meal for proper digestion. Fennel is also added to many dishes to make the dish flavourful as well, so that the person eating the dish can reap the benefits of all its medicinal properties. Fennel is much more than just a digestion enhancing natural ingredient. Fennel if boiled in water and the water taken empty stomach in morning, can be used as diuretic and also used in renal calculus. Some of its other uses and benefits are explained below.
Breath freshener: Fennel has anti microbial properties which clean your mouth and give you a fresh breath after every meal. In fact, it is not uncommon to notice fennel seeds being served in hotels and restaurants after a meal for better digestion and having a fresh and sweet breath.
Helps in digestion: Fennels help in not only digestion but also help in solving various other problems like intestinal gas, bowel irritation, constipation, heartburn etc. Those with constipation are advised to have fennel milk or at least a pinch of fennel after every meal so that they would be able to relieve themselves comfortably.
Helps in reducing and obesity: Obesity has become one of the greatest concerns in contemporary times. With a rise in the sale of junk foods, individuals have started thinning the line between being fat and being obese in nature. However, when you tend to consume fennel seeds, it gives you a feeling of fullness. This reduces the urge to eat in between meals which, in turn, helps in reducing obesity in individuals.
Helps in solving menstrual problems in women: Women who attain their puberty and experience regular menstrual cycles would be well aware of the regulation that they might face sometime or the other in the process. Consumption of fennel seeds regularises menstruation to a great extent in women. In fact, it also helps in reducing painful bleeding in women. It is one of the few natural remedies that can be tried out before opting for medical consultations and higher doses of medicines.
Used as a natural preventive against cancer: Cancer can occur in different places including the colon. Consumption of fennel can help in the reduction of colon cancers in individuals. The anti-carcinogenic properties of fennel help in reducing cancer-causing agents in the body, thereby rendering it capable enough to fight against cancer.
Thus, these are some of the benefits of consuming fennel. Next time you consume fennel after a meal, you know why you are consuming it and what health benefits could it bring to you.
I am age of 20 and pregnant of almost 2 months suffering from heavy headache. Before pregnancy it little headache but now a days it pains a lot, and my blood pressure also shows low, please advise.
I had a miscarriage in January, my last two period have been really heavy, is it supposed to be like that and will my other periods be like that?
Me n my partner are not ready for the the baby and I am using condom as a precaution. Sometimes I feel not to user but due to fear of pregnancy I use it. I do not want to use it what are the methods I can adopt it? N what is the right time to have unprotected sex I after periods or before periods? please give me a valuable answers.
* पके केले को मंद आंच में पकाकर नमक,काली मिर्च मिलाकर दमा के रोगी को खिलाने से लाभ होता है।
* जिन स्त्रियों को श्वेत प्रदर की शिकायत हो,उन्हें पका हुआ एक केला पांच ग्राम घी के साथ कुछ दिन सेवन करने से लाभ होता है।
* बार-बार पेशाब लग रही हो तो बार-बार केला खाना चाहिए।
* टायफायड बुखार उतरने के बाद छोटी इलायची के चूर्ण के साथ रोगी को पका केला खिलाना चाहिए। इससे बुखार से आई दुर्बलता दूर हो जाती है।
* पीलिया रोग में रोगी को कम से कम चार पके केले नित्य खाने चाहिए तथा कच्चे केले की सब्जी का सेवन भी करना चाहिए।
* पेट में जलन हो तो पका केला खाएं।
* आधा कप गाय के दही में एक केला तथा छोटी इलायची का चूर्ण मिलाकर दिन में दो-तीन बार चाटने से मुंह के छाले ठीक हो जाते हैं।
*पका केला शहद के साथ प्रातःकाल सेवन करने से हृदय बलवान बनता है,दिल की धड़कन तथा दिल के दर्द में लाभ होता है।
* पके केले के लगातार सेवन से सूखी खांसी,गले की खराश तथा गुर्दों की कमज़ोरी दूर हो जाती है।
* पका केला कृमिनाशक है। इसके सेवन से रक्त की खराबी दूर होकर त्वचा के रोग नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
* दाद,खाज,खुजली में पके केले में नींबू का रस मिलाकर मरहम बनाकर लगाएं।
* जलने पर पके केले का गूदा मरहम की तरह लगाने से जलन शांत होगी तथा फफोले नहीं पड़ेंगे।
* पके केले के गूदे में आटा मिलाकर पानी के साथ गूंथ लें। इसे गरम करके सूजन वाले हिस्से पर बांधने से सूजन दूर हो जाएगी।
* चोट पर केले का छिलका बांधने से आराम मिलता है। घाव पर केले का पानी लगाकर पट्टी बांधने से घाव जल्दी भर जाता है।
* जो बच्चा मिट्टी खाता हो,उसे पांच ग्राम शहद के साथ एक केला प्रतिदिन खिलाएँ। इससे पेट की मिट्टी बाहर आ जाएगी तथा बच्चे की मिट्टी खाने की आदत छूट जाएगी।
* बच्चा कांच की गोली,सिक्का आदि निगल जाए,तो उसे केला खिलाना चाहिए।
* केले को दिन में ही खाना चाहिए क्योंकि गरमी में यह जल्दी पचता है। रात में खाया केला जल्दी हजम नहीं होता।
* खाली पेट केला नहीं खाना चाहिए। खाने के बाद या भोजन के साथ ही इसे खाएं।
* केला खाकर पानी न पिएं बल्कि दूध या छोटी इलायची खाने से केला जल्दी हज़म हो जाएगा
Hello Madam, We are trying to get baby since last 4 years with no positive feedback even a single time. We have checked with different doctors and have done so many check up both of us but there is any problem found. Can you suggest any good over the counter medicine which we can try?
There are innumerable explanations as to why couples in long-term relationships find themselves in situations when either one of the partner’s starts avoiding sex for a reason the other cannot comprehend.
The explanation for your partner’s behaviour may be due to an underlying medical issue or various emotional or psychological factors. Following are a few reasons why your partner does not want to have sex anymore:
1. Physical factors: Your partner might be experiencing a loss of libido due to physical ailments, particularly ones pertaining to the endocrine and circulatory systems. Disorders such as diabetes, hypothyroidism, heart complications to name a few, affect the hormone levels in the body, which leads to the lack of sexual drive.
2. Psychological factors: Many mental and emotional factors also affect libido in both men and women. Stress and depression, which often cause sleep deprivation, are two of the biggest causes of unwillingness to have sex. Talk to your partner about what the root of the problem is and ascertain what is creating stress and triggering depression. Communication and counselling are the main ways of dealing with such a situation.
3. Excessive masturbation: If a person watches too much pornography and consequently indulges in masturbation frequently, sexual function is automatically lowered when it comes to performing during intercourse. If your partner masturbates too much, simply ask that the practice be put an end to.
4. Lack of affection: When there is a lack of warmth and affection between partners, the desire to engage in sexual intercourse is automatically diminished. Communicate with your companion to determine ways in which you can rekindle love and passion in the relationship.
5. Addiction to narcotics: If your partner has developed an addiction to certain narcotics , such as nicotine, morphine and various anti-depressants, that are known to reduce sexual drive, it could be the reason for not wanting to have sex.
The reasons for developing an aversion to sex are often extremely subjective and complex. Open and honest communications between partners may unravel the problem but in many cases, therapy and medical assistance provides the solution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Super Fact of the Day: About one in three people experience sneezing when moving from darkness to light!
Have you ever wondered as to why some people sneeze and some do not after a period of darkness and on getting exposed to light? It occurs as a result of the eyes getting excited by light and causing this reflex action of the body. About 25% to 33% of the population are known to sneeze when they are first exposed to light after a dark spell.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
At april 11 I had sex. My natural date was at 14th but due to medication for delaying period I had period at 18th. Period was normal with heavy bleeding, clots and cramps for 5 days. At the 5th day I had home pregnancy test. Result was negative. Month of may and june I had normal periods. This month i.e. July I am late by 2 days. I am worried. I am over-weighted and last month I ate roadside foods in greater portion. Please help me.
There is shortage of water during 8 month pregnancy, please advise its remedy to overcome this deficiency?
Renal hypertension is a disorder, which is characterized by a rise in the blood pressure that results from kidney disease. The blood flow to the kidney is impaired due to the narrowing of the arteries and this leads to renovascular hypertension.
The various symptoms of renal hypertension are:
- You may experience symptoms of high blood pressure.
- Your kidneys may not function properly due to the impaired supply of blood
- It may lead to presence of blood in your urine
- You may be affected by pulmonary edema that results in accumulation of fluid in the lungs
- It may result in severe headaches and confusion
- You may experience blurred vision
- You may have nosebleeds
- The impaired kidney function may also lead to chronic kidney damage.
The various causes of renal hypertension are:
- Accumulation of cholesterol in the body may lead to blockage of the artery due to plaque buildup
- Smoking may increase your chances of getting affected by narrow arteries
The narrowing of the arteries causes a reduction in the blood supply to the kidneys. This results in the kidneys to release various hormones that instruct the body to hold on to water and sodium. This causes the fluid to accumulate in the blood vessels, thus resulting in high blood pressure.
The various risk factors renal hypertension are:
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Substance abuse
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
Medications used to treat high blood pressure are used to treat renal hypertension. It is important that you get your blood pressure levels checked on a regular basis. You need to make certain lifestyle changes such as:
- Exercise on a regular basis to keep your heart and body healthy
- Limit consumption of alcohol and reduce smoking
- Eat well balanced meals to keep obesity at bay
- Keep your mind free of stress
- Restrict consumption of salt
- Maintain optimal weight levels