Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AshwiniYour feedback matters!
I am a 20 year old girl. Now a days I remain very much busy with my works, I am not taking lunch and dinner sometimes, even I do not eat whole day many times around this month. Now the problem is I am late in my periods, 1 week late. But I have stomaches like I have during the periods, still I didn't have my periods yet. What should I do? Is this normal?
Doctor prescribed me primolut N for 7 days n asked me to wait for 7 days Bt many of my friends told me that this tablet is used to postphn d periods bt doctor has prescribed me this tablet for getting back my periods. please tell me will this tablet helps me to get my periods back or nt.
We got married 5 months before. Third month we planned for baby and she got all symptoms before missing period. By 30th day she got her period. Now 5th month is running and again she used to get all symptoms like vomiting sense, sore, frequent hungry, more pissing, tiredness etc. Today she is in 30th day and having periods pain since yesterday.
Hi i am Having 2 failed IUI's shall I go for IVF now. My age is 28 now and my husband is 32. I do not want to wait longer to add on complications.
I have thyroid and pcod problem. Im having period problem. The periods will start it February still now the flowing is not stop. I'm consult homeopathy doctor and he give some medicine but still now my problem is not cure. What can I do and stop the periods?
I am not getting periods this month it's already 5 days delayed. Pls tel me any medicine name so that I will get periods immediately.
My wife is pregnant from 7 weeks and my doctor prescribe a tablet of progesterone sustained release tablets 300 mg what does it mean of tablet.
What are the tips for a healthy lifestyle? being healthy these days is a tough task. I would like to know some tips for the same.
That delicious grilled chicken in your oven is incomplete without a touch of rosemary in its marination and garnish. Rosemary, one of the most common herbs from the Mediterranean region is famous all over the world for its flavour and taste. It is seen to be complementing every meal that you make. However, there is more to Rosemary than just adding flavour to a dish. It not only adds flavours but also has immense nutritional values. Some of these are explained in details below.
- Strengthens the Immune System: Rosemary has the three-fold health benefits of being an antioxidant, anti – inflammatory agent and anti-carcinogenic. This means that it helps in fighting diseases caused by bacteria and viruses and helps in boosting the immune system. Furthermore, it can be consumed as one of the preventive substances for cancer due to its anti-carcinogenic properties.
- De-stresses an Individual: If you suffer from anxiety disorders or stress disorders, then the aroma of Rosemary itself can act as a stimulator and calm your senses. Rosemary is seen to be a great stress buster. In this age of stress and tension, at times it is necessary to destress yourself and rosemary helps you in doing so. In fact, even in aromatherapy, some of the essential oils have rosemary as an important compound.
- Freshens breath: Rosemary acts as an antibacterial agent. It gives you fresh breath for a long time. All you need to do is soak rosemary stems in warm water and gargle with that water. It would help in destroying all unwanted bacteria inside your mouth and keep you orally fresh for a long time.
- Detoxification of the body: Rosemary has been detected to be diuretic in nature. This would mean that it helps in faster flushing out of toxins and wastes from the body. Furthermore, it has been seen that rosemary helps in the healing of the liver, which is one of the slowest organs to heal.
- Healthy Skin: Rosemary oil has been used as one of the few essential oils used to rejuvenate the skin. But off late, even the leaves are being crushed and made into a paste and used on the skin. This helps in healing any scars or blemishes that the skin might possess. Rosemary is also known for its hydrating properties.
Thus, these are some of the most important benefits of consuming rosemary on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi Doctor, I am pregnant on 25 july. my last period date is 24 june. after 6 weeks when Dr. do ultrasound there is no heartbeat lil sec is show. its normal Dr. said wait 2 weeks more .she gave me medicine and weekly injection for this .can it help me .is there any hope of heartbeat come please help me .
Hi Doctor, I am 37 year old male and we are trying for second children, so we consulting maternity doctor in my nearest area. They gave some test, check and prescribed some tablets, now we are taking regularly. Last we went for normal check-up and doctor prescribed the Duphaston tablet for my wife. Please tell me the Duphaston role and any side effect and its compulsory to take. Please advise.
What preparation should be done before pregnancy and what diet should be followed? And how to avoid miscarriage in first trimester?
Hi I have cesarean delivery on 24 April 2017 now it's 2 and half months gone. My tummy is to loose and looking bigger than my whole body. please guide me for my tummy and getting my figure back.
Wen my periods start first 2 or 3 days flowing of periods was nt going in rite way after 2 days it was start like 1st day it will take 7 to 8 days nd there is too much smell nd pain which is can't bearable. So pls help me 9.
The human body works as directed by the various hormones released by the endocrine system. These hormones are essential for coordination of various body functions. From the height a person achieves to the metabolic reactions in the body to the reproductive cycle to the stress levels a person can handle, all are hormone controlled.
Pregnancy is another critical, complicated phase that a woman goes through. It is one of the most awaited phases in a woman’s life; however, it is not very simple either. The above-noted hormones play a major role in this pregnancy, as the baby is dependent on the mother for its initial supply of hormones until it can start producing its own hormones. If the baby does not receive the require amounts, there could be various detrimental effects during development and post birth.
Hypothyroidism or an underactive thyroid is extremely common in women and there are multiple theories about how hypothyroidism can affect a woman’s chances of getting pregnant. While the correlation between hypothyroidism and pregnancy are quite well researched, a strong connection stating hypothyroid women being not able to be pregnant is yet to be proven.
The following are some correlations between hypothyroidism and pregnancy.
Increased chance of miscarriage: Women with reduced thyroid functions have double the chances of having a miscarriage. Women suffering from thyroid are at a risk of recurrent miscarriages during the first trimester. The chances of miscarriages during the second trimester are also about 40% higher in hypothyroid women. These women are also at a risk of:
- Premature labour
- Low birth weight
- Increased chances of stillbirth
- Maternal anemia
- Postpartum hemorrhage
- Developmental defects and/or delays in the newborn
- Placental abruption
- High blood pressure
One of the reasons identified for infertility in women is hypothyroidism. This range varies from 1% to 40% and so remains to be proven still. In addition, the hypothyroid mother will have a set of symptoms to live through, which may be further complicated given the pregnancy. Thyroid replacement should be religiously done and monitored to ensure TSH levels are at the optimal required levels (2.5 to 3 mIU/L) during the entire duration of pregnancy.
If you have the following, be sure to go through a comprehensive thyroid screening before and during pregnancy.
- Family history of thyroid
- History of thyroid dysfunction or goitre or thyroid antibodies
- Clinical signs and symptoms suggestive of hypothyroidism
- History of repeated miscarriages
- History of head and neck radiation
- Family/personal history of autoimmune disorders
While it still remains to be proven that hypothyroidism per se can stop a woman from being pregnant, there are definitely effects of hypothyroidism on the developing child and the mother. A comprehensive screening and close monitoring through pregnancy are extremely essential. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.