Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini Ajit GokhaleYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from severe stomach pain during 1st day of my periods for the past 6 years. And dysentery too. When I checked with siddha doctor they told that I have polycystic in my ovaries and hormone imbalance.
Hi I am 30 years old man and married since last 2 years I am very fond of having oral sex even my wife used to give me oscassioanly but not the way in which I can get pleasure till peak point she is having problem with the secreted discharge from my shaft even I used to clean and serve her after washing it. Pls let me know how can I convince her or what to do so that she can do it daily till my orgasm.
I am a 30 years old female with two kids, 4 years old child and 8 month old breastfeeding baby. All of a sudden there is extreme heaviness in my right breast, it almost feels like stone with lot of lumps. I fed my baby and still it is the same since almost 4 hours. There also seems to be a small boil sort of thing on my right nipple. There is also slight pain in the right breast. What could be the reason for this? How do I cure this?
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Use a cast iron pan for cooking whenever possible (while using tomato sauces and other acidic and moist foods. I read this somewhere and here I have a doubt, actually everybody says not to cook acidic foods like tomato etc. And moist like gravies of Indian curries (with acidic contact too) in an iron pan. So is this should not be obeyed during pregnancy, or does it have good effects during pregnancy, can you please help me understanding this. Thank you.
Hello, I am Dr. Vidya Bisla, a consultant gynecologist practicing in Sector-15 Gurgaon. Today, we are going to discuss about the routine Antenatal care that is important in the first three months of pregnancy. Soon after knowing that you have missed your period you can do a pregnancy home test kit and if it shows two lines, that means its positive. From that point onwards you should be under the care of a qualified doctor. On your first visit, you will be prescribed some medicines which are important for the proper formation of the baby and a few tests will be recommended to you after a general check-up of your health.
After the confirmation of this, we do certain blood tests for your general health and also certain infections that are which are important from the pregnancy point of view which can affect the health of the mother and the baby, both like thyroid tests, thalassemia screening and certain viral infections which we do as routine for everybody and which should be done right in the first trimester at around 7 or 8 weeks so that in case there is a problem we can start the corrective treatment for that.
During pregnancy there going to be a lot of changes in your body. From outside, we may just see that the person is gaining weight but the internal physiological changes that the body has to undergo to adjust the growth of the pregnancy are also tremendous. For example, the total amount of blood also increases in the pregnant lady. So in case you have a certain fitness level, you are able to handle these changes very well. For people, who have been active before pregnancy, they can handle it more easily than persons who are not active. Still, whatever your physical activity was before, you can start a daily walk for at least 30 minutes at a normal pace where you are not breathless while talking and walking right from the day when you come to know that you are pregnant. So, after exercising, you need to watch your diet.
In diet the most important thing is that we have to take a nutritionally balanced diet. In the first three months of pregnancy the energy requirement does not increase but it has to be a balanced diet which gives you adequate amount of proteins, vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates to give you that energy to handle those changes occurring in your body. So, you can eat almost everything but there are certain foods which are known to contain chemicals which are harmful to pregnancy. Those should be avoided for example, Chinese food contains Ajinomoto. So you should avoid Chinese food. You can may be make it at home if you are fond of it without adding Ajinomoto to it. Then coffee which contains caffeine should be avoided in pregnancy.
Generally, cold drinks of all the colors are not good for a pregnant lady. So avoid those things in your diet. Junk food, because it won’t give you any minerals or vitamins, also should be avoided. Then, a handful of nuts in your daily intake of food is going to give you a lot of energy and minerals and proteins. So those are recommended for almost everybody. They will not harm the pregnancy in any way. There are a lot of myths associated with it but they are all false. Any self-medication should be strictly avoided in pregnancy because there are only few medicines which are safe in pregnancy which we recommend. So, whenever you see any doctor for any ailment you must always tell the doctor that I’m pregnant so he or she can take care of the medicines in that sense.
In case, you need any answer to any questions or queries, you can book an appointment through Lybrate.
Hello doctor! My vagina s itching for past 4 days .im frequently urinating. Pls Tel solution Is der any problem in?
My friend was bleeding after completion of periods this month. She was bleeding from 5th-9th (periods) this month and suddenly today again a little amount of blood came from vagina. What is the cause for this? Is there any way to reduce this problem.
After 4 days of my gf's period ended, we had intercourse. What are the chances of getting pregnant? Moreover she had emergency contraceptive pill after 30 min of our intercourse and also she had another brand of emergency pill the day after. What are the chances now? Will it cause the medicines won't work or what are its chances for getting pregnant?
-Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits.
-Stay happy and content.
-Take it easy
I am 7 weeks old pregnant I want to get this pregnancy terminated is there any pill which I can take and terminate this pregnancy.
extremely rare phobia, and can sometimes also refer to fear one’s own voice or voices in general. This
type of phobia is usually a symptom of hyperacusis; health condition in which an individual becomes
highly sensitive to sound frequencies. It is an anxiety disorder.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
I am getting menstrual cycle irregular because of something when I eat eggs or chicken what should I do?
I got last year hyperplasia in uterus Dr. advised me to take medicine hormone medicine that are used as pills for not getting pregnant that we that fifth day after period and for 21 days by which my periods was proper and uterus wall was discharged in that duration of six months course my weight was perfect after delivery now when I left those medicines because it was six months course I started going weight and my periods are just for two days and period cycle is again irregular please advise I don't eat so much I do work also still why I am gaining weight after I had left that medical.
My boyfriend fingered me. Not soo deep. But I do not know whether he had sperms on his hand or not. If he had, are there chances of getting pregnant? Please give a proper explanation if possible.
Past one year, I have thyroid problem. I gain too much of weight. As well as irregular menses. How to overcome it? I feel so tired.
My girl friend has been on menesse 0.01mg for 2 weeks now. Do you think it is safe for us to have sex. Without any barrier methods.
Chlamydia is a STD and is caused by Chlamydia trachomatis, a bacterium that enters the body during intercourse and can infect the male or female genitals. Here are a few reasons as to why chlamydia is a rising threat:
- Chlamydia is mostly a silent infection meaning. It does not show any obvious symptoms. In case that you do have indications, they may not show up until a few weeks after you engage in sexual activity with a partner who is infected. Chlamydia can damage your reproductive system even when it does not show any signs or symptoms.
- In women, even without any signs or symptoms, Chlamydia can permanently damage the Fallopian tubes and is the main source of infertility. This may require urgent medical attention in some cases.
- It is spread through unprotected sex with someone who is already infected by the bacteria. A pregnant lady can likewise pass the disease to her child during delivery as it passes through the birth canal. This could lead to an eye infection or pneumonia in your infant. Having chlamydia may also result in an early delivery or an immature baby.
- Untreated Chlamydia in ladies can lead to infections in different parts of their reproductive framework. This infection is called pelvic incendiary disease (PID). PID frequently has no indications; however a few women may have stomach and pelvic pain. Regardless of the possibility that it does not cause any signs or symptoms at first, PID can cause a permanent damage to the reproductive system and result in long-term pelvic pain, inability to get pregnant and lead to a destructive ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the uterus).
- In men, untreated Chlamydia can bring about urethral infections as well as other kinds of complications such as swollen and delicate testicles (epididymitis), which may bring about sterility (failure to make sperm and father any children).
- Chlamydia disease increases your possibility of getting different sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) such as gonorrhea or HIV.
- Contamination with Chlamydia does not make a person invulnerable to the infection. From the time a person is contaminated with Chlamydia, he or she can spread the infection and keeps on doing so until properly treated.
Chlamydia can be cured with the right treatment. It is important that you take the majority of the medications your specialist recommends to cure your disease. At the point when taken properly, it will stop the disease and could diminish your odds of having complications later on. Medicine for chlamydia need not be shared with anybody. Whenever you feel like you may not have used protection while sexual intercourse, do get yourself checked for chlamydia immediately. Annual check ups for chlamydia are usually recommended to everyone. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.