Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwin PorwalYour feedback matters!
I want to know how to remove marks of insect bite and how it can be cured when an insects bite. please kindly assist for the above, I will be highly thankful.
Hello. My age is 25 and these days I suffering with face problem. At my face some little ance come out and my face got red Sometime. It's having reaching problem. Sometime I found dryness at my face. Which is too much. After applying moisturizer I feel okay but after watching my face dryness itching problem rashes come back. Which medicine is good for my face.
Most people think that having a smoking habit adversely affects only the lungs and the heart. But apart from known links to lung cancer and heart disorders, smoking also causes skin damage. The intensity of damage is directly proportional to the number of cigarettes one smokes in a day and the number of years one has been smoking for.
Here are 7 of the horrible things that smoking does to your skin
1. Premature ageing: The process of skin ageing is accelerated by a smoking habit. The chemicals that are ingested through the smoke cause your skin to age much faster, making it look loose, dull and coarse, with uneven colouring. Most smokers have a muted orange or grey tinge to their complexions.
2. Wrinkles and lines: The nicotine from smoke constricts blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby cutting off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the skin to develop visible fine lines and wrinkles at a faster rate.
3. Scarring and pigmentation: Since blood is not flowing properly to the outer layers of the skin, it is more susceptible to broken capillaries and veins, which can cause dark scarring and pigmentation on the face and other areas.
4. Darkening of the lips: Constant exposure to heat from smoking causes stark darkening and pigmentation in the lips, which also become dry and coarse.
5. Delayed wound healing: The presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals in the blood causes cuts and wounds on the skin to heal at a much slower pace with an increased risk of infection, blood clot formation and death of skin tissue.
6. Increased risk of skin disease: Smoking makes the skin prone to various diseases and conditions like psoriasis, which happen as nicotine adversely affects the body's immune system.
7. High chances of skin cancer: Skin cancer and oral cancer are the two lesser known variants of the diseases that can be caused by smoking. Skin cancer is far more common among smokers than among non-smokers.
The harmful effects of smoking on the skin are not entirely discernible until after 10 years of prolonged smoking. Fortunately, your skin starts to heal itself when you kick the habit.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My skin is very sensitive, if I stand for 30 under sun, I feel burning my face. After every shaving, my skin got infected with bacteria. In winter my face skin got cracked near nose, which irritates a lot. Please suggest some remedies.
Am 28 years old woman I had a normal delivery now I ve completed 3 and half month from delivery, last 3 to 4 days I find blood in my poop I felt little pain while passing poop and afterwards as well please help me how can I get heeled.
I am having red sponges on my face and tried many herbal face packs and ayurvedic medicines but I can't get out of it help me.
I have a lump on left side of neck. It is for more than 6 months. It is little hard when I touch it. It is not on the skin but inside the neck and I can feel it by touching. It is not painful. What natural remedy is there for this?
There are small holes on my face how can I get rid of them by home remedies also my face looks very dull, I am applying honey and lemon pack on my face but I do not thunk its working on my oily skin, also I have a habit to masturbate is it related to face problems.
Hi I am 19 year old female. I am using olifair night cream for the past 5 days. I am medium complexion. It made my dull skin really bright. Its contents are equal water, Linalool, Linnamal, Pearls Powder, Isopropyl Myristate, Ceostearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearmidopropyl dimethylmine, teeth-20, Disodium EDTA, Rosemary, Triticum Sativum Carrot Seed Oil. Does this cream contains any carcinogenic agents.
Hello. My Body is in fair colour but my face is not the same. What precautions I have to take to make my face loos fair and glow. I am men of 49 years of age.
Lemon is a natural cleanser and it has anti-septic and anti-bacterial properties. The acidic properties of the lemon helps to lighten your skin and also removes dead skin cells.
Take a slice of freshly cut lemon and rub it on the underarms daily before taking bath.
Apply some moisturizer after bath because lemon can cause skin dryness.
Another option is, make a paste by adding 2 teaspoons of turmeric to lemon juice.
Apply this paste to your underarms and leave it on for 10 minutes, then wash it off with water.