Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwin PorwalYour feedback matters!
I have gerd gastro esophageal reflux disease from 2 years Is it advisable to go for fundoplication surgery.
Sir I am suffering from fistula problem. I have done operation of this but the wound will not recover from this problem. please suggest me.
I am a student preparing for government exams. I have problem with my digestive system. Kindly give me advice.
Had sigmoidoscopy Anal fissure. Doctor prescribed me digestive enzymes and also taken laxative not cured .from last one month heavy pain while stool releasing pls suggest me.
Hi doctor. .mere stomach mei 4-5dino se pain ho rrahi hai .Pait mei heaviness feel hoti hai. Muje constipation and acidity ki problem hai but ab constipation and acidity Nhi hai. Bukh lgti hai but kuch bi khane ko dil nhi krta. Nausea bi feel hota hai. .headache bi sath Hota hai. Weakness bi hai.
I am suffering from digestive problems called gastric trouble I consulted many doctors but no use I can't get rid from this problem from last 7 years. Can I expect a alternative treatment from here.
I am 32 years old has high blood pressure. I am experiencing abdomen pain frequently. And I have taken abdomen scan. It shows. All are correct. Recently I have relocated to kharagpur from andhra pradesh. May be it is because of not being adjusted with this food. Kindly help.
I am suffering from acidity last few year. I was take many medicines. Nothing help. Pls give me suggest me.
Sir, I am 39 yrs old male. I had gastric problem. No BP, no Sugar, have over weight is about 87kg. Please advice me the best diet and what gastric medicine to be taken regularly. Pl advice
I have burning sensation at back both sides. Sometimes its just mild and sometimes its high. I used to smoke but frm last 4 months I stopped smoking. Is it something related to quitting. Also I feel it more when I have acidity and it generally feel less when I drink water.
MyI stomach is sometimes very heavy in nights. I think it is gas problem. Any solution to reduce it.
Have stomach problem, like gas, bloating acidity. N very often catch cold, sometimes have throat pain. Have sinus prob like blockage in the passage of nose to ear, below the eye. If I press my forehead above my eyebrows have little pain. Once a years if I pull my nose have awful pain in the backside of the head. I understand it is due to cold n cough. before very frequently I had cough n cold. I used to take bryonia and phytolca. i am allergic to dairy food also what should i do ?
An inflammation of the pancreas is known as pancreatitis. The pancreas is an organ that produces digestive enzymes. Pancreatitis might start any day and continue for long period and it requires immediate medical attention. It is of two types- acute pancreatitis and chronic pancreatitis. Although the treatment usually requires hospitalization, pancreatitis can be easily stabilized and the underlying cause can be treated thereafter.
Pancreatitis may be caused due to various reasons:
- Gall bladder stone: The pancreatic duct lies next to the bile duct. The gallstones enter the small intestine after passing through the common bile duct. Often the stones that remain in the common bile duct have a negative effect on the pancreas, which causes a hindrance to the normal flow of the pancreatic fluids, causing pancreatitis. Also a back flow of the bile into the pancreas can cause pancreatitis.
- Alcohol: Long time alcohol use also causes pancreatitis. Alcohol can damage the pancreas tremendously causing it to get inflamed.
- Other causes: Hereditary disorders in the pancreas, cystic fibrosis, high level of triglycerides, and a few medicines may also cause pancreatitis.
- The first symptom of pancreatitis is abdominal pain: The pain may be sudden or gradually increasing, but is usually aggravated after eating. It is severe and constant, and may continue for a few days. If you are suffering from pancreatitis, you will feel very sick after a sudden attack and you might require medical assistance immediately.
- Swollen abdomen: Pancreatitis may cause your abdominal area to swell up and become tender.
- Nausea: If your abdomen suddenly starts paining due to the onset of pancreatitis, you tend to feel extremely nauseous. You might end up vomiting and may also have violent heaves.
- Fever: The inflammation will cause you to run a temperature, along with a searing pain in your stomach, which will make you feel extremely uncomfortable.
- Rapid pulse: Pancreatitis affects the rate, at which the heart beats, causing a rapid increase in the pulse rate.