Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. AshradYour feedback matters!
I'm getting nerve pain on neck backside and only right side from ear to neck. Y it happening. I'm preparing for competition. Is there chance for pressure. Y happening one side. Are any nerve stuck?
I am diabetic since 13 years I am 36 years old I take lantus 25 units, I had a 50% blockage I am taking angispan TR 2.5 twice, ramipril once clopitab 75 once and tonact 80 once my problem is when I sit for long time on chair in office my left leg ankle is getting swelling and again it goes off after rest. I had all the kidney related test all are normal I even have spondylitis is it because of spondylitis? Or it is because of diabetic neuropathy.
I am getting Chest pain (left side) while walk little fast. Until stop the walk or run I feel the pain. This problem is continuing from the last one year. Now a days pain is getting increased. Is there any issues in my heart function? I am 40 years old.
I have pain in my both shoulder joint. Sometime it seems that the joints are getting loose. I have this problem from 6months. My age is 20 years. So what I can do?
I have got a ligament tear in my right knee. Please suggest me some exercises? I am going for a cycling for a short distance daily. Right now am going for a physiotherapy treatment. Will it be cured without doing a surgery?
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems?
Knee replacement surgery is a procedure that is used to replace a worn out knee joint with an artificial knee joint. Such a surgery is advised if your knee is causing pain and limiting your daily activities, provided other treatments have failed to cause the desired impact.
Once the knee replacement surgery is completed, the focus shifts to the recovery phase.
- The duration of the recovery depends on the type of surgery and the individual.
- After the surgery, painkillers are administered to provide relief from the pain.
- In some cases, oxygen is administered through various tubes if required.
- A blood transfusion may also be required after a knee replacement surgery.
- The surgical wound will require a dressing to allow it to heal faster and prevent infection.
- A drain will be attached to the wound to drain out the blood from it and prevent accumulation of blood in the wound.
- The dressing of the wound should be changed regularly.
Post- Surgery Care
- Post-surgery, you will need assistance to help you walk. If the surgery that you underwent was minimally invasive, then you should be able to walk on the very same day. Your physiotherapist will prescribe and show you some exercises to strengthen the knee. It is important that you follow his/her instructions to avoid complications.
- A passive motion machine is sometimes prescribed as it helps to restore the movement of the knee. It helps in reducing the swelling by keeping your leg elevated and moving the knee when you are lying down.
Here are some knee replacement recovery tips:
- Avoid doing any work that puts pressure on the knees.
- Eat nutritious meals so that the body receives proper nourishment, thus allowing your leg to heal faster.
- Avoid heavy exercises which can strain your knees.
- Perform all the exercises prescribed by your physiotherapist to speed up the recovery process.
- Do not sit with your legs crossed for a few months after the surgery.