Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok Agarwal
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I have very much gas problem. Since 2 days I was suffering from gas problem. I am not eating anything how ever I feel like my stomach is full. When I go for toilet there are only waters are come nothing else only water. I was drink 2 ENO yesterday.
I want to gain weight. I try many things to gain but nothing happen. I test my liver for checking digestive problem. I took supplement also for gaining but after few months gain but again. Please sir any tips.
I was undergone anal fistula surgerybefore 10 years but sometimes it gets swollen and gets puss. What to do?
Sir. I am 23 year old male. From last 2 days there is lot of gas formed in my body. I used eno 2-3 times but no relief also visited a doctor he gave medications but no improvement. This gas has induced a lot of high intensity pain in my legs specially in left leg. This pain is not constant it moves from thigh to feet. Sometimes I feel like screaming due to this. I have been suffering this from last 2-3 years. It occur only when I feel constipated. I don't know whom to consult or which specialist I should visit .I haven't slept properly from 2-3 days. This pain some times feel in waist and back side and sometime in arms. What type of pain is this.
Suffering from a abscess type of thing just inside the entry of anus. Took daflon 500 but not very good effect.
I am suffering from severe acidity and flatulence I am using already pantop and domperidone tablet and syp mucaine gel but no relief Please advise me medication and diet.
I am 22 years old and I have dull skin and acne marks. Can I have glycolic acid peel? What will be the cost of glycolic acid peel.
I have gastic problem and regular constipation my age is 77 plus . Please suggest suitable medicine ?
Most patients suffering from ulcerative colitis are advised to undergo a surgery as that is oftentimes, the last option remaining for them. Failure of other treatments to bear any results leads to the need for a surgery. There are two main categories of surgery options; however, the difference lies in where the waste pouch will be placed following the ulcerative colitis surgery.
A patient who is planning to go through the ulcerative colitis surgery procedure must be aware of the recovery period and its duration. Since the surgery is an invasive and an intensive procedure, the recovery time is lengthy. So, naturally, before you arrive at any decision it is recommended that you consult your doctor, surgeon and other healthcare professionals about the procedure.
Ulcerative colitis is not a curable disease, but if your colon and rectum are removed, the symptoms of ulcerative colitis can be treated. But educate yourself as you may still have to live with a number of side effects of the surgeries, even after the incisions have healed. This is the reason that you must prepare yourself both physically and mentally before making any decision, which should be based on the information available.
Tips for Quick Recovery
The recovery from ulcerative colitis is quite tricky. As it is an invasive surgical procedure, the recovery time is lengthy. However, you should not fret yourself with that. With the required care and doctor’s advice, you will be able to return to your daily life in full vigor. In order to improve your recovery and hasten the process, you will be given a detailed file of information that you must follow strictly. These tips are:
- After the surgery, you may have to remain in the hospital for 3 to 7 days. This is a mandatory protocol as it allows your surgeon to monitor your incisions and treat any complication or infections.
- Any procedure that you may opt for, a total of 4 to 6 weeks is a minimum requirement for recovery.
- During this time, you will be asked to meet your surgeon regularly and in some cases an enterostomal therapist as well. An enterostomal therapist is a specialized doctor who only deals with patients who have had their colon removed. So you should make an appointment with an enterostomal therapist, suggested by your doctor, and have him/her review your case.
- Eat nutritional healthy foods to avoid any complications.
- Stay hydrated by drinking at least 2-3 liters of water per day.
- A rehab therapist or a physical therapist will help you to move towards your normal life, by keeping you active and recommending rejuvenating exercises that won’t hamper your health.
- Manage stress and anxiety as they cause stomach issues.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!