Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish PatilYour feedback matters!
I'm 64, male. I feel burning sometimes in body & head and heaviness in eyes, still persists. Light fever for 2 weeks earlier but now ok. All blood tests, thyroid, b12, ultrasound, lft, kft, cbc were ok. ESR earlier 1 month back was 58. Physician doc has told it is nothing but only GAD (general anxiety disorder) & given medicines nexito 10, supracal, remylin, d-gain for vitamins. Is medication ok, and should I be concerned? I worry a lot on small issues daily and have retired, so don't have much to do during the day! pl advise.
I have tested for thyroid and got the result as 5.34 ul U/mL (Units). When I checked for the symptoms for thyroid I felt like having the erection problem from couple of days. I just want to make sure if this is because of thyroid or it’s just my illusion.
My husband's Thyroid test report is T3 -79.79, T4 - 3.51, TSH - 6.911 and ATG - Above 1000. The physician has prescribed Thyronorm 25 mg daily. Suggest if the line of treatment is correct and what precautions can be taken.
Am having heavy sugar that is around 218 before food and 514 after food. After the checkup kidney and eyes are working properly. Please sujjest some diets which can be done for me.
I am boy of 16 yr old I am diagnosed by diabetic type 1dr refereed to take insulin as 8 you in morning and 2u before lunch and 6 you before dinner please doctors helps me to cure it and blood sugar is going 100 -160 whole day please Dr. helps me to cure this disease.
I am 36 year's old I lost 5 kg's in last one month. When I check for sugar for fasting it shows 160, am I diabetic.
I'm 23 years male. I always have cough problem. I think it maybe thyroid. Can you please tell me symptoms of thyroid?
Dear doctor, I am facing sugar problem, my fasting sugar is always around 120 to 140 without any medicine. I want to take ayurvedic treatment so that my sugar should be controlled? please advice.
Dear Doctor, My mother age was 48. She diagnosed thyroid. It is effecting on her eyes (Thyroid optholomopathy), Left eye was 22 inches. Came outside. TSH and T4 levels was abnormal. What is the permanent solution for this. Is there any treatment to cure it. Please help us. We are looking for your support. Thanking you.
My dad is having diabetes (sugar). He take insulin daily. Before breakfast, lunch and dinner. 15-8-8. Wosulin 30/70. Even then his sugar is not level. Sometimes it gets only 30 and sometime it goes 600. 5 Days earlier on morning while reading newspaper my dad went hyperosmolar comma (rec. I bought a sugar mix water and put in my dads mouth. After some time he became conscious. Then I took him in hospital. Doctor gave some injection to him. Then admitted him and put drip to him. In the noon he became a bit normal. For now in the hospital for 4 days my dad is good. But his sugar is still not even level. So pls give me some suggestion to it.
Without medicine how can we control diabetics. If medicine we have to take, which is best without side effects.
My mother is 58 and she is diabetic from last 5 years. She is taking Tab Amaryl 1mG, voglitor (0.2mg 500). Recently after Dexa scan we found that her bones are getting weak and there is a high risk of fracture, she is on medicine like tab Dolo, Tab Uprise D3, Tab Calcimax, Tab Osteofos, Tab pregaba. She is also taking Cranpac-D for immunity. She is getting repeated UTI from last 4 months and each time same bacteria responsible for this is Escherichia coli. Doctor advised Septran DS after going through the Urine culture report. But the problem is the infection returns just in a week after discontinuation of Septran DS. What could be the root cause of the problem, please suggest a permanent solution to this problem.
I am 29 years old and on medication for hypothyroid (thyronorm-75 mcg) and did some blood tests due to frequent muscular issues. My d3 is quite low- 11 and b12 is fine. My husband's d3 is 15 and b12 is 83. His uric acid is also a little high- 7.9. We do not eat non veg but do eat eggs almost everyday in breakfast. My husband sometimes does eat non veg but he is not fond of it at all. He remains very lethargic throughout and has become very forgetful and absent minded. What all dietary and lifestyle changes do you reccommend? due to hypothyroid I have gained 11 kgs in past 18 months and I now weigh 68 kg as compared to 57 in november 2013. My husband is obese since number of years with around 117 kg weight and 6 feet height.
Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression and unhealthy diets can contribute to fertility issues. As per a study published by Pharmion, around 30 million Indian couples were estimated to suffering from lifetime infertility, in 2015. Also, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) fell to 2.3% in 2013 against 3.9% in 1990.
Couples often seek help with methods such as artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (IVF), but the problem can be solved in natural ways too. Sometimes, the root cause of infertility is simply irregular functioning or blockages in the body systems. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to get the body functioning to its optimum capacity and this is often all that is needed to treat diseases.
Here are a few ways in which Ayurvedic medicine can help treat infertility:
- Phal Ghrit: The medicine is made by combining a number of herbs and it is taken with warm milk. It has been developed especially to treat infertility by controlling the level of hormones secreted in the body. It cannot remedy structural problems, but it can effectively treat functional disorders in the reproductive system.
- Shatavari (Asparagus): This plant is used to treat female infertility by regulating the cycles of menstruation and ovulation.
- Triphala Churna: A combination of three different fruits - baheda, amla and haritaki, this medicine helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and clears blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- Ashwagandha Churna (Indian ginseng): The medicine is used to treat male infertility by naturally increasing the production of sperm in the system.
There are also a few Ayurvedic therapies which can help to cure infertility:
- Vamanam: In this treatment procedure, medicated oil is swallowed to induce vomiting, which expels all the contaminating elements in the body. This process can be done regularly depending upon the overall health of the patient and also helps to combat digestive and psychological conditions.
- Swedanam: This therapy is usually done before other Ayurvedic therapies to prepare the body systems. For patients of infertility, the patient is made to sweat excessively. This also flushes most nitrous compounds out of the body.
- Dhatu Nirman Karma: The cells of the body are made to metabolize, absorb and assimilate nutrients leading to the formation of healthy cells and destruction of the unhealthy ones. This is turn rejuvenates the organs. Usually, this is helpful for female infertility.
If you wish to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialist.