Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish BandewarYour feedback matters!
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My teeth are turning into dark yellow color. I don't even smoke or booze. Please help me with a good remedy.
Hi. I have throat pain from last 3 days. I am not able to swallow any thing. please advice me what to do.
I am a 25 years old male and I am suffering from jaw problems, I can't take cold drinks. What should I do sir?
I am 19 years old. And I am suffering from hairloss and shaking of teeth. My hair become a thin and weak. Every time when I comb or rub finger in head, hair fall occur. Suggest me what I should do? Suggest shampoo to prevent hair loss. I also have gum problems. My teeth are shaking and blood leaked from gum. About a 1 one year ago I suddenly loss my weight to 10 kgs. Is it reasons for this kind of problems? If yes what I should have to do?
Hi am 22 years old I completed my graduation I have one problem in the front of my teeth is in yellowish colour so unable to speak mainly laughing so that I do for teeth becoming white. Please give me a solution.
I had pain in my lower molar tooth. Went to dentist he did root canal opening and called me for next appointment but I miss placed my prescription paper and now having severe pain too. Took combiflam bt still pain is Der. Can anyone suggest medication for same.
If I go for root canal treatment for front 6 teeth, is there a chance of falling the teeth any time because it looks awkard, whether they will look like artificial teeth. Please suggest me which type of teeth I should go for, which one is long lasting teeth, ceramic teeth is good or else no.
I am 19 and feeling severe pain in my lower jaw as a new molar is growing out there, is this normal. Pls suggest some remedy and which food I should have as its very painful while eating.
I had a tooth prob. And I removed the root 1 week ago. I have a pain now (i. E injection part. What should happen if I won't fix a tooth again. Bcoz I am scared of injection? Can I leave it now r should I take further treatment like implant? Kindly tell me useful information.
I am 30 years old guy I want one question for my health my teeth is fully yellow mark also pain full please how to remove to yellow mark in my teeth?
To be contd...