Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Asha SethiyaYour feedback matters!
I am a 39 years old male. I have got a full body checkup done . All my parameters have come normal except for PCV 56 haemoglobin 18.6 and total RBC as 6.56. I do not have any other symptoms or problems. I am a non smoker. No medication . I drink beer regularly every day around 2 bottles. Are these values anything to be worried about. What should be my course of action. Does it warrant any further tests.
Hello, how to control masturbations? What are the side and negative effects when doing masturbations?
I have been suffering from headache from since 2-3 months. The side parts of my forehead pains a lot, it feels like hammering from inside my head. Its so intolerable, I am unable to focus on my studies due to the pain and have my exams after 2 months. Please help me!
I got psoriasis what do I need to do in order to make it go. It is making me feel embarrassed to go in to public with this disease.
An abnormal swelling in the neck can be symptom of various problems. While it can be something as non-threatening as a swollen gland due to a cold that can be cured with simple medication, a swollen neck can also turn out to be a cancerous lump in the neck. When faced with an irregular swelling in the neck, it is best to not panic or jump to conclusions until you consult with an Ear-Nose-Throat Specialist. The possible problems that a swelling in the neck can indicate are:
- Swelling or enlargement of the salivary glands: The salivary glands may become enlarged due to an infection or due to foreign materials getting stuck in them. While foreign objects or formation of stones in the salivary glands might require surgical removal, they can often be dissolved with medication and other non-invasive treatments. And infection in the salivary glands is often treated with antibiotics or other medication. These treatments can be prescribed and administered by ENT Specialists.
- Thyroid disease: The thyroid gland may swell up and cause a swelling of the neck. These are often called goiters in colloquial language and are a result of thyroid diseases such as hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. They usually require a series of medication and treatment and are not considered an ENT problem despite the swelling of the neck.
- Benign cysts: Benign cysts can form in any part of the neck or in the glands, much like it can form in any part of the body. An ENT Specialist can prescribe a surgical removal of the cyst lest it turns cancerous later in life. It should also be removed in case it grows or relocates, going on to cause other problems.
- Lumps in the muscles: Lumps in the neck muscles are formed by injury or torticollis. These usually aren’t considered ENT problems and can be treated by general physicians and sometimes chiropractors.
- Cancerous cysts or growths: One of the most daunting problems posed by a swelling of the neck is the possibility of cancer. While thyroid cancers as well as cancerous growths in the salivary glands are slow to develop, a swelling in the neck should immediately be investigated by an ENT Specialist in order to rule out all possibilities.
I have suffering from premature ejaculation and many times I ejected within a 2 minutes of foreplay tell me something that cure this problem.
My bilirubin count is 2.0. But I do not have any symptoms of hepatitis. Do I need to consult a doctor?
I have head ache on every high. What should I do? and I need to know what is the reason for that. Please help me doctor.
Hey sir. My question is about my sister whose age is 13year When she come from school and off the socks and off the gloves. There are lots of etching (chunchunahat)
My right testicle has swollen all of sudden and has become hard. It pains as well. Although the swelling is reduced but it's still bigger than the left one. Should I visit a doctor for this? If yes, then which doctor should I visit (expertise wise)
I think I am suffering from low testosterone level problem. Because I have no symptoms of maturity like mouchtake, beards, voice change etc. Please, help me. I am worried to much as I am 19 now.
Hi I have very thin legs, can I do something to get them bigger? I have uric acid problem, it is little above than normal. Is this causes it?
Hello sir, I have symptoms like fever, cough, headache will you preferred take some medicines of that diseases.
I have throat pain means tonsillitis When taking cool food then it will happen, cooldrinks What I will do.
I have a corn under my feet, it is hurting me from one month. What is the better way to cure my corn? Can any one give suggestion regarding my problem.
High fever is common in kids and a common worry for parents as well. If you are a parent, you need to know when the fever is serious, and when you should worry about it. Fever is a defence mechanism of the body. Body temperature rises if any foreign body (or antigen) attacks your body. As a defence, body temperature rises making it an unfavourable condition for the antigen. Fever means 100.4 degree Fahrenheit. Normally for kids, thermometer is placed under the armpit to record the temperature. You need to add an extra degree for accuracy. Paediatricians recommend treatment for fever if it's more than 101 degree F.
When to Call a Doctor
If the kid is less than 4 months old and has a fever of 100.4 degree F with other mentioned symptoms as highlighted, one must see the doctor as an emergency situation.
If a kid has 104 degree F fever, rush to the doctor. Such a high fever in children could lead to seizers.
You must call a doctor if the kid has a fever along with the following symptoms:
- Looks very dizzy
- Has a deteriorated immune system or even any other medical condition
- Has a seizure
- Has symptoms such as rashes, painful throat, annoyance, rigid neck or ear pain
Medication Side Effects:
At times, if you treat your children with some medication that does not suit them, it may lead to high fever. In case fever in a kid aged less than 2 years lasts for more than one day, it's time to see a doctor. And lastly, remember that normal body temperature is 98.6 degree F.