Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Asha SangamnerkarYour feedback matters!
Many studies have shown that excessive caffeine intake affects your chances of conceiving by influencing the ovulation, hormone, and the fallopian tubes but the opinions on this issue are divided. However, research on this topic mostly indicates that, though caffeine can give you a kickstart in the morning, it can have quite a reverse effect on your efforts to conceive.
How intake of excessive caffeine reduces your chances of conceiving?
The fallopian tubes are responsible for carrying the eggs from ovaries to the uterus by rhythmic movements and too much caffeine can affect this movement and cause disruption in the journey of the eggs. Moreover, consuming more caffeine has also been associated with baby's growth restriction, miscarriages, and weight issues. It is preferable to get rid of caffeine altogether from your diet when you are trying to conceive but if you are an avid coffee drinker then you might want to cut back or replace your caffeine intake with milk and syrup which is far more healthy and beneficial.
Which foods and beverages do you need to avoid?
There are so many caffeinated foods and beverages, that it is almost impossible to avoid them. But it is better to take note of them so that you can regulate your caffeine intake. Coffee, tea, soft drinks, energy drinks are obvious sources of caffeine as they are supposed to give you energy. Some herbal teas also contain caffeine. Chocolate, ice creams and candies with coffee flavors, over the counter drugs for allergies, cold and headache also contain caffeine so it is important to read the ingredients list before consuming any of them.
To higher your chances of getting pregnant, it is important to cut back on caffeine. Most doctors are of the opinion that exceeding 50 mg of caffeine intake daily can seriously hamper your chances of conceiving.
I am 24 years old. I wanted to know can unprotected sex lead to pregnancy if no ejaculation happens inside vagina? I was into this for around 7 days, about for 10 minutes each day. I am having severe vaginal irritation now for which Lybrate doctors prescribed with metrogyl 400 and Clingen vaginal insertion tablets. I am under these medication. I am not having my periods. It is 5 days late now and still counting. I am detected with PCOD and often get delayed periods. Can there be any pregnancy related issue? Please respond. I am very worried.
Ayurveda has tons of good remedies available for common ailments. From a headache to skin problems, migraine to obesity, acid reflux to diabetes, there is a host of conditions that Ayurveda can treat. While the complexity of a particular condition decides the period it takes for the body to get a full care, Ayurvedic remedies work best when it is applied during the initial stages of a particular ailment.
Here is a list of six common Ayurvedic remedies that can treat common ailments without having to visit a doctor:
- Common cold: The common cold may not be a serious threat to a person’s health, but it can seriously hinder the daily schedule. Not to mention, if the condition is not treated early, it can aggravate to serious conditions such as pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma etc. An Ayurvedic cure for treating common cold includes consumption of ginger in the form of tea, black pepper, and long pepper. They can reduce inflammation of the lungs and get the mucous out of the body.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is a serious threat to a person of any age. This is attributed to poor lifestyle, bad diet and lack of exercise. Ayurveda recommends fresh fruits and vegetables in the diet, a healthy lifestyle and quitting caffeine. Apart from this, consumption of herbs such as turmeric can greatly help to keep the blood sugar at the optimum level. Practicing of breathing techniques and yoga can further help to keep diabetes under control.
- Acid reflux: Acid reflux has become a common phenomenon these days. Due to unhealthy eating habits and untimely consumption of food, acid reflux can occur to anyone. If proper care is not taken on time, it can aggravate to indigestion and heartburn. Drinking a glass of aloe vera juice regularly can give instant relief from chronic acid reflux. Basil leaves are another great source of Ayurvedic remedy to treat this condition.
- Obesity: It is estimated that over 13% of the world population suffers from obesity. Obesity can have serious repercussions if the extra pounds are not shedded on time. Some serious cardiovascular and breathing problems surface from this condition. A good diet and physical exercise help largely to get rid of extra pounds. Ayurveda recommends a juice of honey and lemon in lukewarm water to be consumed daily.
- Migraines: Migraines can wreak havoc on the life of an individual. It takes several days for a chronic migraine to go away and get temporary relief. Ayurveda suggests practicing of yoga and pranayama to get relief from this condition. Apart from this, daily consumption of turmeric in the form of supplement, tablets or as a whole can greatly help to stay away from a migraine in the first place.
- Dandruff: Dandruff is another common problem that many people face in their daily life. It is a condition where the scales get separated from the scalp and makes the head dry. Ayurveda suggests usage of fenugreek seeds and lime to get rid of this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Sir. Recently we are married. My wife and me are going outside. Suddenly she got periods. How to stop that. Which medicine. We have to use. Pls tell me.
My wife 31years old has pregnant about 20 week. After doing ultrasound. In reports there is single umbilical arteries. But other reports r normal. Can it affect baby.
Dear Dr, I'm 32 years old female. I completed my 3 months pregnancy in 2nd of March. But still mere weakness and vomiting Mai koi improvement nahi aaya hai. Mera 5 kg weight loss Hua hai in months Mai. Please advice me ki koi problem toh nahi hai baby ke growth mai. Mujhe bhook bhi nahi lagti hai. Please help me.
WATER, a basic need of every lifeform, helps a lot in fighting against some common diseases/ health problems.
Drinking water, either plain or in the form of other fluids or foods, is essential to your health:
- It helps in maintained balance of fluids in our body The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
- It helps keep skin looking good. It helps in preventing skin problems like acne. It also keeps your skin moistened and gives it a natural glow.
- It helps in many diseases related to stomach like gastritis/acidity. Drinking sufficient amount of water daily will avoid the problem of acidity in your near future.
- It also helps in losing weight in case of obese individuals and also in maintaining weight in case of non-obese individuals.
- It helps in preventing as well as treating urinary infections.
- It helps in maintaining normal bowel function and prevents constipation. Actually, water along with a high fibre diet is the perfect combination for those suffering from constipation.
Now, the question in every mind- How much water should one drink? People drink 2-3 glasses and think thats enough for a day. Some people dont keep count and are not sure if they are having sufficient water daily.
Its best to keep a one litre bottle and set a target to drink at least 3 such bottles in a day, that makes 3 liters of water intake daily.Also, eat more fruits and vegetables(salad). Their high water content will add to your hydration.
Be Hydrated Be Healthy
To begin with, what is binge eating? Binge eating is a tenacious temptation in your brain that rears its head every time you are bored or overwhelmed. This temptation literally overpowers all other thought processes to make you reach out for food that you know you do not need. And then, guilt, disgust, frustration and heavy dieting starts! Sounds familiar? Well, you may just be a victim of binge eating. So what can you do about it? Plenty! Here's our list.
- Emotional Hunger: Learn how to listen to your body. This is a way of bringing your mind and body in alignment by being aware and mindful. As soon as you feel a hunger pang, stop and think: is it emotional hunger or is it actually your snack or meal time? Once you learn to distinguish between the two, it is a matter of making a habit out of distracting yourself from emotional hunger by taking up a hobby or a pleasant activity that will also make your brain work in a different direction.
- Focus on your Food: Usually, binge eating happens around unhealthy food that will give your taste buds a temporary kick. This kind of food is generally fatty, fried or sweet. So next time, focus on what you are eating. If you are eating a healthy, regular meal, then focus on the fact that you are doing something positive. This greatly defeats the cause of binge eating as you will chase the positive feeling rather than looking for temporary gratification which leads to more permanent guilt later.
- Regular Meals: Eating your meals regularly at fixed times also dulls the temptation to binge. Regular meal times also set your biological clock and hunger ticking at the right times. If you avoid eating at meal times, then your mental hunger can get mixed up with a need for instant energy that your body requires due to a missed meal. This will make you reach out for unhealthy food in unhealthy portions.
- Maintain a Food Diary: Keeping a food diary of everything you ate during the week and then going through it later will give you a lot of perspective on what you are doing wrong and how you can avoid the same.
Distancing yourself from wrong food and portions, and digging deeper into the emotions that trigger chronic binge eating may be answer you are looking for!
Related Tip: Oats - Why you should eat them?
Hii my sister is 22 years old she has thyroid. She was on treatment for pregnancy and now she is pregnant .I want to know what care should I have to do for her bcoz I have heard becoz of thyroid so much complications are there. Pls I need a diet also for her.
I am 21 years old and having facial hair (from past 4-5 years) and also from last 1 month I am not having measures cycle. Also my dates varies like every time the date of my periods varies, sometimes my dates last long for 15 days and sometimes only 5-6 days. From last few months my weight also increases. Please let me know is it serious.
When I rub my clitoris and shake my vagina does it loosens it as m not virgin please tel me clearly does it loosens my vagina.
Hey How much time to get pregnant after stopping oral contraceptive pills Its already 2 months and m not pregnant yet Pills are Yamini 21 tablets.
Hello, friends, my name is Tarun Jhamb. I am MD physician, consultant and I have an experience of last 15 years for the medical practice and here we discuss today as the topic of care in the rainy seasons.
How to take care of health and personal tips during the rainy season or this is a monsoon season, as we know the monsoon season is good and we have got the different rainy seasons, rainy scenes and everybody likes to have a rain and it’s while covering from the summer so everybody likes this rain. But we know it’s a health issue also during the monsoon season as because of most of the humidity is there and because of the rain and lots of bacteria and infections they flare up in the air, in the dust and everywhere there is the water is kept with a lot of infections and mosquito breeding areas and all this leads to an infectious issues like diarrhea and the stomach issues and all the respiratory issues, upper respiratory tract infections as well as all the issues related to the nose, throat and sinus issues and skin issues. Because of the humidity and all these general issues can be taken care with preventive care which we will discuss and then there are the remedies for it OKAY.
How will we prevent this? When we are wet with the rain, when we are coming from outside we should have a shower and clean the body and make it dry before entering the AC area. And we should have the all light food avoiding all the spicy oily food and we should avoid all the outings in the rain and we should take care of our personal protection, devices whence we are going like umbrellas and the other the rain coats. And health wise we need to take care of avoiding all the outside food from the roadside because there are like Pani Puris and other things which are usually unhygienic. We should take care of all the packed foods and because of the rainy, our stomach gets upset. We can take a lot of citrus fruits which have the Vitamin C component and increases the immunity levels and it boosts our immune system and it’s good for the health. Lemon water and all these citrus fruits are important.
Rest of the general instructions from the respiratory point of view. We should use a handkerchief and proper hand wash technique should be learned and areas which are the full of the dust and pollution and all the roadside areas we should avoid it. And that’s the main purpose of avoiding sinus issues and the respiratory issues and rest of our common cold, fevers and viral fevers are very common like Malaria fever, dengue fever and we should have the clean environment around our surrounding at the home and avoid all the rainy water around our atmosphere. Because that is the breeding point of the vector borne and the mosquito is borne infections. So we should take care of all this infection. Proper health and proper diet and side by side morning evening walk is the must. And we should take proper breakfast, lunch, and dinner and take a lot of healthy foods and green salads is also good for the health.
As we know all these symptoms just to revise it all the cold congestion, upper respiratory tract infections, sinus problems than our stomach issues and the body ache problems. If any of you have the issues due to rainy seasons I am available to contactable with our Lybrate site with Dr. Tarun Jhamb and we got the clinic in the Sector-4 area, Gurgaon. It’s near Sector-4 HUDA market so I am approachable and I would like to have the service for you.
Knowing This Can Help You Prevent Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer is the most common cancer to affect the female reproductive system. The exact cause of ovarian cancer is not yet known and the risk factors involved are numerous, the most prevalent of which are genetic defects and hereditary problems.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are not always clear and range from pelvic and abdominal pains to irregularities in the menstrual cycle. Women beyond the age of 50 are most at risk of developing this type of cancer and the risk factor increases in case of family history.
Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
There is no sure shot way of preventing ovarian cancer. Some factors such as genetics cannot be controlled at all. There are, however, ways to take precaution against it through some simple lifestyle choices. A few of those ways are as follows:
• Eat a healthy balanced diet which is rich in all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that the body requires for boosting and maintaining immunity.
• Exercise regularly and stay active. Maintaining fitness is an important aspect of preventing the onset of all sorts of diseases and disorders.
• Go for frequent health checkups and make regular consultations with your gynaecologist so as to ensure early detection of the problem.
Another notable way of avoiding ovarian cancer is taking birth control pills which are known to reduce the risk levels. However, studies have shown that there are other health risks associated with taking birth control pills and hence you should always consult a gynaecologist for a proper prescription.