Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asha Basarkar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Asha BasarkarYour feedback matters!
Acne is a common skin disease, which happens when the hair follicles becomes full with dead skin cells and oil secreted from the skin. Acne is mainly characterized by vast areas of blackheads and pimples. The appearance of a person suffering from acne has often led to anxiety, and in extreme cases has caused depression as well.
Causes of Acne:
- Genetics is thought to be one of the main reasons for hair fall due to acne. This is supported both by twin studies and studies that have shown higher rates of acne among first degree relatives. Acne susceptibility is polygenic as the disease does not follow the Mendelian inheritance pattern.
- Another reason for acne is related to hormonal activities, such as those during menstrual cycle and puberty. During puberty, sex hormones called androgens increase, which causes the follicular glands to grow larger than normal. Many hormones like testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate and growth hormone have been shown to have links with acne.
- Many bacteria like the anaerobic bacterium are suspected to be a reason behind acne. Infection caused by the parasite Demodex is also responsible for causing acne.
Role of Diet in Acne:
Different studies have been done to establish a relationship between diet and acne, but there is no evidence to prove so. Some tests have shown different degrees of acne intensity due to high glycemic diets. Another unproved study shows consuming dairy milk is linked to higher incidences and intensity of acne. One recent experiment has shown a relationship between acne and obesity, however, no relationship is found between acne and insulin metabolism. Vitamin B12 may cause skin problems similar to acne.
Cigarette smoking and acne has been a ground for high debate among biologists. Some medical records have shown that cigarette smoking increases the severity of acne. Some studies have also shown that stress or other psychological causes worsens acne. Acne severity is linked to high stress levels.
- Scars are a common symptom of acne. Acne scars are caused due to inflammation in the skin dermal layer. The scar is made by an abnormal form of healing after the inflammation. These scars are classified on the basis of whether excess collagen or collagen loss is caused by the abnormal inflammation.
- Nodular acne lesions cause pigmentations. This often leaves a red, inflamed mark even after the lesion has been cured.
- A diet low on glycemic index is recommended for treating acne.
- Benzoyl peroxide is the first step in treating mild to moderate acne. This is because of its high effectiveness and mild side effects. The peroxide causes drying of the skin as a side effect.
- Antibiotics are very much used for treating acne. Oral antibiotics are highly recommended. This is because of their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Azelaic acid when applied at 20% concentration is effective for treating mild to moderate acne.
- Natural treatment methods include applying tea tree oil or bee venom to reduce the amount of lesions in acne.
I am 18 years old from last one week my anus is itching and white flakes on it and it becoming like dead skin should I contact any doctor please help me I am getting fear about it. Please doctor.
My skin starts to itch when exposed to sun light. Even on gloomy days, my scalp and eye brows itch. My complexion is fair. I am taking treatment for the past 4 months. Of late, I took 7 tabs of ecoflox 400mg, atarax 10mg and antoxid hc, and applied betadip and clomic. But still no improvement permanently. What is the reason for my condition? is there any diet that will help?
Hii doctors I heard that eating wheat grass can help in hair loss and hair regrowth .is it true? If so where can I get it and how much I should take per day?
Hair fall has become a very prevalent problem among modern men and women due to numerous reasons like a stressful lifestyle, poor diet and use of cosmetic products with harsh chemicals etc. Apart from these causes, hair fall can also happen due to various medical conditions. Here are some of the most common causes of hair fall:
- Thyroid problems
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Insulin Resistance
- Scalp infections
- Poor diet
- Excessive usage of hair styling products
- Family history of hair loss
- Consumption of oral contraceptive pills
Different hair re-growth treatments are available today to curb hair loss.
Some of the most effective ones among them are:
- Platelet rich plasma therapy: Human blood comprises certain stem cells and growth proteins, which help in regenerating and healing tissues. This therapy involves collecting blood from your body and then centrifuging (method applied for separating substances that don’t mix) it so that the plasma and platelets can be separated. Now, this platelet rich blood is injected into your scalp or specific areas suffering from hair loss to restore lost hair and ensure their re-growth.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is considered to be a very effective treatment for continuous thinning of hair, baldness and hair loss in patches. In this therapy your scalp is injected by a vitamin using an injection gun or very fine needles to ensure enhanced blood circulation. Improvement in circulation of blood results in your hair follicles getting better nourishment, leading to hair re-growth. Moreover, this therapy has a neutralising effect on the DHT hormone (a sex hormone that is derived from testosterone), which is often associated with baldness among men. You can observe visible results within 4 to 6 months by opting for this therapy.
- Stem cell therapy: This is the latest treatment for regrowing hair. In the first stage, the doctors will take away some hair follicles of yours, which will be processed and cultured in a lab to produce more stem cells. After few days the second stage of this therapy is executed. Here, they will insert the stem cells into your scalp.
- Hair Transplant: In a hair transplant surgery, hair from a denser region are transplanted to an area with lesser or no hair. The identified dense hair area is cleaned and numbed. Hair grafts are removed and inserted into the scalp region of lesser hair density. It takes about 6-9 months for the transplanted hair to give way to newer hair. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.