Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arvind
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. ArvindYour feedback matters!
I'm a 31 years old lady working as a teacher. now days feels exhausted after coming from school. N back pain on d right side. Meanwhile feels strain on my throat when gets more stressed. Wht to do. Reasons fr all ds.
Sir I have been suffering from sinus problem for last 2 years, please suggest me a treatment to cure it permanently.
I am facing problems like less breathing, throat pain, headache, fever, ear pain, body pain, sneezing and running nose from last four days and these symptoms repeated after some time period. Please tell me the name of the disease and what should I do?
I am 28 year old female. I m suffering from acute sinus problem for last 10 years. I have consulted many good doctors and taken prescribed allopathy medicine for long time. But with no relief or with less temporary relief. 5 year back I have also gone a nasal operation but it did not fully cure my problem. SINCE FEBRUARY 2014 I AM SUFFERING FROM VERY ACUTE PROBLEM. VERY UNBEARABLE STINK BAD SMELL COMES FROM MY NOSE. IT IS TOO MUCH EMBARRASSING. NOW I AM TAKING HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT SINCE MARCH 2014. INITIALLY I FELT SOME RELIEF BUT FOR LAST ONE MONTH MY PROBLEM IS AGAIN AGGRAVATED. NOW I FEEL RARE HEADACHE. BUT FEEL VERY TIRED ALWAYS. VERY BAD STINK SMELL COMES FROM MY NOSE WHICH IS FELT BY PEOPLE EVEN 10 FEET AWAY. PLEASE SUGGEST ME POSSIBLE CURE AND TREATMENT. ALSO SUGGEST ME GOOD DOCTOR. THANK YOU.
My chest and throat is very sensitive to cold, A/c and for certain foods due to which I feel lot of reflex in throat and breathlessness due to sputum stuck. Can you help me with suggestion.
Hi , I am 23 years old and I am having problem in my throat. Due to this I feel that there is something trapped in the throat.
About a 45 percent of adults snore occasionally, and although most people tend to ignore it, snoring is a problem that must be dealt with consideration. There are many families where one spouse snores and keeps the other person from a good night’s sleep. It has been reported that snoring can create severe disputes in marriage and one who snores must take steps to control snoring.
Snoring is not simply a nuisance, but a major proportion of individuals who snore are affected with obstructive sleep apnea by which breathing is disrupted while a person is fast asleep. This condition increases the risk of heart diseases. Fortunately, there are ways to control a person's snoring.
- Weight loss: Having a large neck circumference and being overweight increases the risk of pushing the fat down at the throat resulting in snoring. With a suitable weight loss training, one can control the snoring to a considerable extent.
- Altering sleep positions: Sleeping on the sides help in forbidding the tongue from resting backwards and blocking the throat while sleeping. Some specially created pillows can help the individuals from rolling back during sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake: Intake of alcohol contributes to further relaxation of muscles in the airways and collapse the path which makes snoring even worse. Limiting consumption of alcohol and avoiding to drink it at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed can reduce snoring to a significant extent.
- Stop smoking: Smoking invariably leads to nasal congestion as well as inflammation which in turn worsen snoring. If one is running out of reasons to avoid smoking, then this is one of the most convincing reasons to quit smoking and enjoy overall good health.
- Certain medications: There are some medicines, particularly sedatives and antihistamines are designed to have a relaxing effect and can, therefore, aggravate snoring. But it is advised to consult with the general physician before making any alterations in the medicine routine.
- Avoid opening the mouth: Those who are aware of snoring with the mouth open must avoid opening the mouth during sleep by using a specifically designed tape or adhesive for closing shut the mouth while sleeping.
- Using specialised device: The mandibular advancement device is specifically crafted for those who suffer from tongue-based snoring. This equipment helps in moving the jaw forward as well as prevent the tongue from blocking the backside of the throat while sleeping.
- Avoid nasal collapse: Those who suffer from nasal collapse must use some form of adhesive nasal dilator strip which has to be placed over the nose. This would aid in keeping the airways open as well as reduce snoring.
- Treat allergies: Inflammation, as well as nasal congestion triggered by allergies, is a common cause of snoring while sleeping. One must opt to do an allergy test to identify and reduce potential allergens in the area where the individual sleeps such as bedding type, pet hair, dust mites, wheat or dairy intolerance and lessen snoring.
Thus, snoring can be controlled before it becomes a problem.
Abnormal development of the ear can lead to a lot of complications in the anatomy of the ear such as developmental and hearing problems. It can also give a deformed look to the ear. As such, ear deformity surgery corrects the shape of the ear and facilitates activities inside of it.
Types of ear deformities which can be treated with ear deformity surgery:
- Protruding ears: This is also called prominent ears. This condition is characterized by the ear protruding out from the side of the head. It can stick out more than 2cms from the side portion of the head.
- Constricted ears: This condition is characterized by the rim of the ear getting wrinkled, folded or tight. This condition is also known as ‘lop ear’ disorder.
- Cryptotia: This condition occurs when the framework of the ear cartilage gets partially buried under the skin.
- Microtia: This occurs when the external ear is underdeveloped.
- Anotia: When the ear is totally absent.
- Stahl’s ear: In this condition, the ears are pointy in shape and there is an extra cartilage in the scapha portion (groove or depression of the ear).
- Ear tags: They are also known as branchial cleft remnant or accessory tragus. This disorder consists of extra skin and cartilage in the ear.
- Earlobe deformities: These include duplicate earlobes, earlobes with clefts and skin tags attached to the ear lobe.
- Traumatic ear deformities: Some people have tears, laceration and bite injuries in their ears due to accidents or traumas. It can also be cured with ear deformity surgery.
- Cauliflower ear: Sometimes, an abnormal cartilage might form on the normal cartilage, this gives an abnormal appearance to the ears.
- Ear keloids: This is caused by excessive tissue formation after a minor trauma such as ear piercing.
- Ear hemangiomas: This is a common form of tumor in infancy. It can not only occur on the ears but also on any other parts of the body.
Ear deformity surgery is performed by a team of experts and plastic surgeons. Ear reconstruction can also be performed after an ear deformity surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!