Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Me & my girlfriend wants to have safe sex. But she wants to have sex without having any protection. Her periods will come in mid of 2nd week in every month. Please suggest how to have safe sex without having any protection.
Hello doctors. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and few days back I was diagnosed with UTI . My gynae prescribed monocef 1gm through iv twice a day for 5 days. Then again did the urine culture and still there was infection now I'm on inj fortum 1gm twice a day for 7 days. I'm really very worried does that affect my baby? Are these injections really safe. And what all can I do to cure it. Please reply. Thank you!
Dear sexologist. Kindly tell. My girlfriend always mood in sex. So if I am fingering her vagina without anal sex. Is she pregnant. I am fear to insert finger in vagina. Please clear my doubt.
My weight have been gain and body shape also out. 1 month before my PCOS treatment have completed but my weight is not losing. I can't walking /jogging bcs of my back pain. Can I used weight lost medicine? Is any side effects?
5. Keep away from the company of depressive people: the kind of people you hang around with can have a great impression on your general disposition. Listening to depressing stuff tends to discourage you. To be happy, you must avoid the company of gloomy people.">
1. Acknowledging the good things is absolutely vital: thanking can go a long way in deciding how happy you are at heart. It is absolutely vital as it helps you to be conscious of your humility. It also helps you to feel grateful for things that could have been otherwise but fortunately aren't. When you thank a person, you let feelings of contentment take hold of you. Peace can be synonymous to happiness at times.
2. Acceptance from oneself should be cherished more: there is no end to aspiring for higher goals and similarly no end to competing with ones who are seemingly better off. At the end of the day, this leads to lack of calm and confidence. It creates a lot of turmoil within your mind. A person can better his or her chances of advancement by accepting his/her qualities and limitations all the same. You cannot expect acceptance from strangers unless you wholeheartedly accept yourself.
3. Developing resilience is of utmost importance: being resilient is one characteristic that can make you sail through thick or thin. Giving up in dire times of need is a bad way to anticipate happiness of any kind. One needs to be resilient in times of stress and believe in positivity. There should be faith in the fact that'hurdles are meant to pass. An attitude such as this helps you deal happily with life and you're never too insecure with your share of happiness.
4. Exercising is a must: people who exercise regularly have been reported with lesser amount of depression related problems in comparison to the ones who barely move an inch. The human body can be made to experience the benefits of the happy hormone" serotonin" through diligent exercising.
5. Keep away from the company of depressive people: the kind of people you hang around with can have a great impression on your general disposition. Listening to depressing stuff tends to discourage you. To be happy, you must avoid the company of gloomy people.
I am 25 years old, My weight is 95 kg and I am 18 weeks pregnant and I will follow regular walking and exercise but no improvement how to manage my weight and safe pregnancy.
Do you or someone you know lash out in aggressive verbal and violent behavior at the slightest provocation? This could be a symptom of a behavioral disorder called Intermittent Explosive Disorder or IED. Intermittent Explosive Disorder is characterized by repeated, sudden bursts of anger which are disproportionate to the situation. These outbursts also have no discernable reason behind them. These outbursts can have a negative impact on your relationships, work and finances. If left untreated, this chronic condition can continue for years.
The exact cause for IED is unknown, but research shows that a number of environmental and biological factors play an important role in triggering such behavior. Genes may also play a role in triggering this behavior as such aggressive behavior is found to run in families. Children and teenagers are most commonly affected by this condition. Children who have been exposed to violent behavior in their early childhood years are more likely to exhibit such behavior as they grow older. There are various symptoms exhibited by the people suffering from other psychological disorders such as bipolar disorder, ADHD or antisocial personality disorder; some of the symptoms to look out for are:
- Bursts of anger that last 30 minutes or less
- Chronic irritability
- Racing thoughts
- Tightness of the chest
- Tremors and tingling sensation
- Physical aggression
People suffering from this condition often feel relief or fatigue after such an episode. However, later they are filled with feelings of guilt and embarrassment. If such episodes occur repeatedly, it is best to consult a doctor. By conducting a thorough physical and psychological examination the doctor will be able to diagnose your condition and treat you accordingly.
There is no one set course of treatment that applies to all cases of this condition. Treatment usually involves medication and psychotherapy. Medication in these cases may include antidepressants and mood stabilizers. This medication should not be stopped unless your doctor advises this. Also do not use alcohol or any mood altering drugs along with it.
When it comes to psychotherapy, the patient may benefit from individual or group therapy. It aims to identify situations that trigger such behavior and teach the patient how to manage their anger. Practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing and yoga can also help keep you calm. Psychotherapy also enhances the patient's ability to communicate with others and find alternate ways of getting out of a frustrating situation.
After 1 month of unprotected sex, but I know I didn't ejaculate in the vagina and i was truly conscious at that time and I have controlled my mind but now my partner didn't get her periods. So if she will get pregnant then what pill will she take to stop this and when.
Hello doctor, I am unmarried and still virgin. I tried to do sex with my boyfriend but couldn't successful. It's paining while inserting the penis. Only half of the penis inserts. Am I fine or some problem I have? Please advice. Thanks, Archana.
Akurit 4000, Himalaya liv52, ollvit 4g, Bugrab-D. These r 4 medicine which r prescribed to my wife tell me is this a major problem of not being pregnant, for 5 years. Is treatment is right, is something serious abt baby pls suggest us what should be go further to have pregnancy as quick as possible.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
1. Cause of Infertility
2. Duration of Infertility
3. Age of both partners
4. Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
i. Premature ovarian failure
ii. PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
iii. Poor egg quality
v. Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
vi. Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
i. Submucosal fibroids
iv. Previous sterilization treatment
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
3. Change in lifestyle
4. Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
1. Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
2. Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
3. Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
1. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
2. Assisted hatching
3. Donor eggs or sperm
4. Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
1. Multiple pregnancy
2. Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)