Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aruna Chaphekar MaherYour feedback matters!
Exercising regularly has many benefits for the body and many times these benefits can be life changing. It has been proved that doing exercise sets the foundations for a happy sex life as well. While exercising the brain releases endorphins the sex hormone. These hormones not only spice up the sex but also help in digestion, lower the heart rate, blood pressure and cortisol and ease the body.
Here is how exercising routinely can improve the relationship in bed and make a huge difference:
- Blood Circulation: Blood flow and the exciting sensation is very important prior to and during sex. When a person exercises regularly then there is an increase in the blood circulation and thus the blood is pumped to all parts of the body. In women who exercise, the circulation increases the fluids of the vagina which in turn helps in a quicker lubrication when in the act.
- Release of Endorphins: Having a clear mindset while having sex is very important. This is more important for women as they tend to over-ride things, thus working best when they have a clear mind and are able to concentrate only on the sexual act. When orgasm is achieved then endorphins are released which is basically a mood elevating chemical. It makes a person feel good and gives relaxed feeling of the mind and body along with euphoria. Endorphins are usually released during exercise, sports and sex. Along with the endorphins putting stress at bay and lifting the mood it also give a clear mind for the sexual activity.
- Longer and Stronger Orgasms: On average orgasm in men and women lasts for 10 and 20 seconds, respectively. With exercise one can easily extent this time, pleasure and strength of the orgasm. On contraction of the pelvic floor muscles an orgasm is achieved. When these muscles are kept strong then a longer orgasm is achieved. Sacrum is the area which supports the pelvis and spine; when it is exercised with glutes then it helps in strengthening the muscles. Also, kegels, squats, and pelvic thrusts are some of the exercises which can be done.
- Increases Self-confidence: A sexiest trait is that someone can show is that they feel good and confident about the way they look. Studies prove that people who exercise regularly and have good fitness levels display good confidence in their sexual acts and desirability.
- Exercises the Brain: It is said that a great sex usually starts in the mind and the brain is a mighty sex organ. Thus it is of utmost importance that the brain must be fed with nurturing information, so that it becomes stronger. Research backs that by simply changing the way we think can change the brain to react to situations.
Why is it so that women suffering from PCOD tend to have more weight in the lower portion. That is. In hips and thighs. I follow every thing properly diet and medicines but get tired. And can't exercise. What to do.
Hello. I'm 24 years lady. Please I had unprotected sex and took 2 pills of emergency contraceptive 1 hour later, then again had sex in 2 hours, please I'm I still protected.
She is suffering with irregular periods after taking birth control pills from last 2 months, pls help.
At the time of sex I feel burning sensation and too much pain. I am 5 years married and have 3 years child.
A dietary pill in simple words is a supplement which contains chemical substances and nutrients that help your body in some way or the other. A dietary pill can efficiently act as a substitute for other food products and can also provide a sustainable balance to your routine nutrient intake of the body.
Here are some of the benefits of diet pills which you should know about:
1. Improved metabolism - The most important characteristic of a diet pill is that it helps in increasing the metabolism of the body which in turn results in losing fat rapidly.
2. Lowers the acid-alkali levels - Overweight and obese people are more likely to have unbalanced levels of acid and alkali. Thus, taking diet pills would not only help in reducing weight but also getting rid of the excess acid.
3. Lowers your appetite - Consuming diet pills help in suppressing your hunger. It makes you feel full. Therefore, you can avoid consumption of extra food when you don't need to eat.
4. Breaks down fat - Taking FDA-approved diet pills would help in getting rid of fat in a much easier and faster way. In such a case, you won't require going to the gym anymore.
5. Boosts energy levels - Taking diet pills help in increasing your energy. It makes your everyday tasks and chores much easier and quicker. It reduces depression and increases physical activities, which in turn helps in reducing weight.
6. Improves cardiovascular health - Your cardiovascular health depends on your weight. If you are obese or over-weight, you have high chances of suffering from a heart attack. Therefore, taking diet pills would indirectly improve your cardiovascular health because loss of weight would mean reduced pressure on the heart to pump more blood.
I am a 23 year old female and my partner and I have unprotected sex every time we do it. Since September, I have not had my period but there was the occasional discharge. Now I am having an increase in this discharge starting towards the end of April. Also I took a pregnancy test and it showed nothing. Am I infertile? Please help. Its been 8 months since ive missed my period.
I had periods irregularly but it had been continuous for the past 7 weeks. I had my periods on 8 /4. We had sex on 26/4. After that I didn't get my periods which I had to get on may. I had little sore boobs, dizziness, fever, headache so I thought I was pregnant. I had pregnancy test on 18/5 but was negative. I was wondering why and had an ultrasound test. That test showed a sac and my Dr. Told my follicle count was really low. She told I might be pregnant becos of the sac and had a blood restrictions confirm it. My blood test s were also negative? are there chances for me to be still pregnant?
Although it’s still not clear as to how sitting can lead to poor health, one of the causes that researchers cite is a fall in metabolic activity, which has an adverse effect on your body’s fat and sugar levels, making you vulnerable to various health disorders.
Ideally, sitting or any sedentary activity associated with sitting shouldn't make up more than 4-5 hours of your day. Several studies have revealed how sitting for long hours can be bad for your health:
- It increases your chances of dying from Cardiovascular disease by 18%
- You face an increased risk (about 17%) of dying from Cancer if you sit for a very long
- Prolonged sitting can cause your risk of suffering from Type 2 Diabetes increase by 91%
To negate the effects that sitting might have on your health, you need to move around or stand up from time to time. You might begin by standing as often as you get the chance to, or try to walk if your work allows you to. Other strategies that you could adopt are:
- Instead of sitting, have your lunch or talk on the phone standing
- Increase your physical activity by taking the stairs
- Take 1-3 minutes break every 30 minutes to stand or walk around
- Exercise or stand when watching TV
- Lastly, try to lessen your daily sitting period by 15 - 20 minutes every day
When you're standing or moving, you end up improving your metabolism, which is responsible for fat and sugar burning. As a result, there’s an increase in your energy levels, which in turn increases your stamina and also helps in shedding off the extra kilos. When you sit, these processes stop performing, thereby increasing your chances of suffering from various diseases.
Oral sex involves using the mouth, including the lips, tongue, and teeth, to stimulate a sexual partner's genitals (i.e., his or her external reproductive organs). It often involves kissing, licking, sucking, nibbling, and blowing.
Oral sex is performed by heterosexual couples, by men who have sex with men (MSM), and by women who have sex with women (WSW). When oral sex is performed on a male, it is called fellatio (pronounced fĕl-ā’-shē-ō) and when it's performed on a femaile, it is called cunnilingus (pronounced kŭn-ĭ-lĭn-gŭs).
Fellatio involves using the mouth to stimulate the penis and scrotum. Cunnilingus involves using the mouth to stimulate the vulva, the clitoris, and the vaginal opening. Oral sex that involves the anus is called analingus (pronounced ān-ă- lĭn-gŭs).
Oral sex is an important part of many healthy sexual relationships; however, as with other sexual behaviors, it is important to practice safer oral sex to reduce the risk for sexually transmitted disease (STD) and HIV/AIDS.
Safer oral sex practices involve the following:
Avoid oral sex when there are open sores (e.g., cold sores), cuts, or broken skin in the mouth or the genital area
Avoid oral sex when one partner has an active sexually transmitted infection (e.g., genital herpes, genital warts)
Wait at least 30 minutes after brushing the teeth, flossing the teeth, or having dental work (including dental cleanings) before performing oral sex (brushing, flossing, and dental cleanings can cause gum irritation and bleeding)
Wear a latex condom (flavored condoms are available), female condom, or a dental dam (flat, latex barrier worn in the mouth)
Withdraw the penis from the sexual partner's mouth prior to ejaculation
Oral sex between consenting sexual partners often is extremely pleasurable and satisfying. In fact, for many women, cunnilingus provides just the right amount of stimulation to produce orgasm. Oral sex does not carry a risk for pregnancy.
Open communication is an important part of any sexual relationship, including relationships that involve oral sex. Many men and women enjoy performing and receiving oral sex, but serious problems can develop in the relationship if one partner enjoys oral sex and the other does not. Sex therapists can help couples resolve a number of sexual issues, including issues involving oral sex.