Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Hi, Having lion dates daily 2 times will cause sugar? At a quantity of 20 dates daily. Will it cause diabetes?
I lost my father 5 months before the reason behind his sudden death was Heart Attack. He was diabetic since 25 years after this incident there is one fear stuck in my mind about Heart Attack, almost most of the time I read about Heart Attack I developed inside me that this can happen to me also. I stopped enjoying my life, whenever I feel tired or anyelse problem I relate it with Heart Attack. My ECG and Lipid profile all are normal. What to do please help me?
What would be the best way to strictly control diabetes and what food should be followed for the diet? please advise.
In diabetes it is said to have chapatti/roti instead of rice although they both contain same amount of carbohydrates.
Do men encounter a comparable physiological stage to what women encounter amid menopause? Alluded to as 'andropause', 'male menopause', 'man-opause', and all the more as of late, 'low T', is called as Andropause or male menopause. In any case, while all women experience menopause, not all men encounter andropause.
What Is Andropause?
Andropause is a slow, enduring disease in the male hormones testosterone and dehydroepiandrosterone. Testosterone naturally diminishes as men age, yet in andropause (therapeutically characterized as 'hypogonadism'), levels of the hormone drop below the ordinary range for a given age, commonly in moderately aged men.
Symptoms of Low Testosterone Level:
Do low level of testosterone deliver symptoms in moderately aged men? Actually, the exemplary symptoms were initially perceived over 70 years prior when two American physicians, Carl Heller, MD, and Gordon Myers, MD, demonstrated the adequacy of testosterone treatment for symptoms of weakness, discouragement, fractiousness, low sex drive, erectile brokenness, night sweats and hot flashes in men.
Why Do Hormones Drop?
There are various elements that can prompt to low testosterone:
- Obesity, diabetes and insulin resistance: The level of aggregate and free testosterone is decreased in large men in extent to the level of heftiness. Weight reduction alone has been appeared to build testosterone levels by 50 percent.
- Chronic aggravation: Insulin resistance is the key figure creating quiet irritation and lifted levels of high-affectability C-responsive protein (hs-CRP), a marker of aggravation that can be measured by a blood test.
- Increased introduction to xenoestrogens: Certain mixes found in nourishment and the environment can increase the impacts of estrogen in men, in this manner decreasing testosterone creation. These "xenoestrogens" incorporate pesticides, phthalates from plastics, tobacco smoke side effects, substantial metals, and solvents.
- Lack of physical movement: Participating in consistent episodes of short, extreme work out, particularly weight lifting, is one of the speediest approaches to support testosterone.
- Stress: It negatively affects testosterone levels by expanding the arrival of the adrenal hormone cortisol.
Homeopathic Medicines for Andropause: (Medicines should be taken on proper prescription of Doctor)
- Avena sativa
- Tongkat ali
- Muira puama
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
I am suffering from thyroid since last year. Currently diagnosis report is taken on 7/10/2015 which are as follows- T3, total-0.99 ng/ml T4, total-9.90 ug/dl TSH. -7.28 uIU/ml Which medicine is preferred for her and which mcg.
I am a diabetic faces daily weakness, I feel very tired feels sleepy every time. Being a housewife its very obstructive to do my duties well. I wanna ask that using NUTRILITE salmon omega - 3 will be ok or not ? If yes then please tell me the dose.
I am 54 yr male. On 25.4.2014 my random fasting and pp sugar level was 165, 125 and 180. Should I visit a doc? I have started walking 1 hour morning and half hour evenings. No other complaint till now.
She's having difficulty getting pregnant. Pcod detected ovum size not good. I'm Having hypothyroidism. Too taking eltroxin 50.
Diabetic retinopathy is an eye problem that can be caused by either type 1 or type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Retinopathy occurs when diabetes damages the tiny blood vessels in the retina. The weakened blood vessels may leak fluid and blood.
Who are at risk for developing diabetic retinopathy?
Those with poorly controlled blood sugar levels are at a high risk of developing diabetic retinopathy. In addition, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, anemia, kidney disease and pregnancy can all place a patient at greater risk of suffering from diabetic eye disease.
How frequently should I get my eye examined?
If you have diabetes, you should get a yearly examination by your ophthalmologist. Once you develop diabetic retinopathy, your ophthalmologist may advise further investigations or treatment. A periodic follow up as advised by your ophthalmologist is mandatory. The frequency of these follow up visits is decided based on the severity of the disease.
What are the symptoms of diabetic retinopathy?
There may be no symptoms in the early stages, especially when the central portion of the retina is not involved. As the retinopathy progresses, you may have:
- Blurred vision.
- Floaters, which can look like black spots, little threads, or cobwebs.
- Bleeding in the eye causing sudden loss of vision.
- Temporary or permanent loss of vision.
- Pain is not a common feature of the disease.