Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arun Surdakar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun SurdakarYour feedback matters!
I am 46 yes, diabetic but no medicine. 2.5 years back got injured during throwing stone to a man go tree by falling into the field. I got treatment from orthopedics ond take injection. But not completely cured, even pain in right shoulder, x-ray report OK. Exercise done regularly. Pls advice.
I am 20 year old. And I am diabetic I take insulin daily can I use nicotex gum to quit smoking. Sir please give me suggestion whether can I use it or not my blood sugar levels are in control. So Kindly help me sir.
I am suffering from hypothyroidism from 2011 n my TSH level is 12.12 and I also suffered from Alopecia since two months from October I tk 100 mg thyroxine tablet but I put on my weight presently my weight is 78 kgs pls suggest me how I loose weight and control my thyroid thank you.
My age is 65 and I am Veg, teetotaler and non smoker. I am suffering from Constipation for last ten years. I am border line diabetic with normal blood pressure. I take 100 mcg eltroxin daily to keep my thyroid level balanced. I take fibre rich food. I get relief from constipation when I take "Kayam" tablet. Please suggest treatment.
I am 32 years female. I am suffering with hypo thyroid from last 12 years and i am taking medicine thyroxin 50 mg. But now i am putting my weight again because of thyroid. What should I do now.?
I am 53 yrs. Male a fortnight ago I came to known that I have diabetes and the first count was 112 fasting and 180 pp. My weight is 65 kgs. Height is 5' 6. Neither I drink alcohol nor I smoke or chew tobacco in any form. I dont eat Foods other than home made. What would you advise?
Dear doctor I am diabetic patient at present my sugar level after food 252. Know I am taking GLYCOMET-GP 2mg Forte tab. And some time my two foots very pain and pinching some times under the foot burning. And I am taking PREGABALIN 75mg also. Pls any doctor advice me I am taking correct medicine are I have took any other medicines. Problem is two foots very pain including 10 fingers and some times unbelievable pining and under the foot some times burning pls advice I have to take any other medicines pls write me. I am eagerly waiting for your reply soon doctor. Hussain.
Our body cells are responsible for the essential breakdown of food into energy, as it is vital for our body functioning. Cells break down food into glucose and then convert glucose into energy through insulin, which is an important hormone in the body. Diabetes is associated with the inappropriate functioning of insulin and can be classified into two types: Type I and Type 2 Diabetes. In type I Diabetes, the body does not make enough insulin. In type 2 diabetes, the cell do not use insulin properly.
Both conditions cause blood glucose levels to rise in the body. Diabetes is more than one disease as it poses serious health risks. People with diabetes are at risk of developing a host of problems such as stroke, hypertension, nerve damage, skin, eyes and kidney problems. High amount of blood sugar level can cause damage to the blood vessels leading to blocked arteries restricting blood flow to the heart. Poor blood glucose control can lead to high blood pressure and other blood lipid abnormalities including high levels of HDL (good cholesterol) and triglycerides.
The link between cardiovascular disease and diabetes is well established by medical science. It is estimated that 65% of people with diabetes die of heart disease, which makes it a leading cause of all deaths among diabetic patients. Doctors refer to this connection as DHD- Diabetic Heart Disease. The term Diabetic Heart Disease covers coronary heart disease; narrowing of the arteries, heart failure; minimising heart’s capacity to pump enough blood and diabetic cardiomyopathy; alteration in the structure and function of the heart.
A sedentary lifestyle with little or no physical activity, smoking, stressful life and unhealthy eating habits all contribute to weight gain, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart diseases and diabetes. Thus, weight and lifestyle issues management is the best way to prevent and control such health risks.
Let’s look at some simple but effective ways towards a healthy lifestyle:
- Physical exercise: Adopt a 30 minute exercise rule to remain healthy and fit. For diabetic patients, a morning and evening walk is highly recommended. You could walk, run, gym, climb stairs, do yoga, aerobics or other physical activity that interests you.
- Eat healthy: Avoid fried and packaged foods as they are full of fats, salt and sugar. Include seasonal vegetables and fruits in your diet and drink plenty of water. Dieticians recommend eating a heart-healthy diet including superfoods like broccoli, spinach, berries and fibre rich meal.
- Weight management: Keeping weight under check is an effective way to prevent the risk of heart diseases. Consult a dietician for a customised diet plan as per your medical condition.
- Be positive: Stress is a silent killer and a major contributor to all lifestyle diseases. Remain calm and manage your negative thoughts to overcome stress.
Health is the ultimate treasure you have! Preserve it.
Almost all the metabolic processes in a person's body are influenced by the hormones produced by the thyroid gland. The most common types of thyroid diseases caused due to dysfunctional thyroid glands are Thyroid nodules, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Goiter, Thyroiditis, and Thyroid Cancer.
Hypothyroidism is when the thyroid gland is underactive and the amount of hormones produced is insufficient. Hypothyroidism can be caused due to multiple reasons such as iodine deficiency, radiation or surgery on the thyroid gland, and drugs such as lithium and phenylbutazone. You should note that treating thyroid is not a speedy process and a reoccurrence of symptoms might also take place. However with the appropriate remedies and proper diet control, one can make sure that these symptoms are less pronounced.
Ayurveda: According to Ayurveda, imbalance or disequilibrium in the doshas is the main cause of hypothyroidism. The Kapha dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for body fluids and lubrication and Pitta dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for fire and water body humors, are vitiated. Lifestyle and diet discrepancies further promote imbalances in the doshas. Hypothyroidism is categorized under the Yapya diseases which recur once you cease to take the treatment.
- It is essential to consume adequate quantities of milk.
- Apart from that, coconut oil is one of the best remedies for a hypothyroid patient, since it increases slow and sluggish metabolism. Coconut contains MCFAs i.e. medium chain fatty acids and MTCs i.e. Medium chain triglycerides in abundance which help the metabolism be revved up.
- Ayurvedic herbs useful for treating hypothyroidism are kanchnar, Bauhinia variegata i.e. purple mountain ebony, Jatamansi, brahmi, guggulu, shilajit, gokshura, and punarnava.
- Consume a mixture of Indian gooseberry i.e. amla churna with honey, daily before breakfast.
- One of the main causes of Hypothyroidism is insufficient amount of iodine. Drinking the juice acquired from jalakumbhi i.e. Pistia Stratiotes everyday in doses amounting from 11gm to 22gm increases the iodine content and helps treat hypothyroidism.