Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun PhadnisYour feedback matters!
Undigested food that lurks around in the digestive tract produces a host of disorders due to intestinal distress. These disorders range from acidity to gastro-oesophageal reflux and even colon diseases like cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, gallstones, ulcers and Crohn's disease. Cramps, nausea, vomiting, loose motions, gas, and acidity are some of the most common symptoms that visit the patient as a result of such ailments. There are many ways of dealing with such intestinal distress, as follows :-
- Diet: Introduce plenty of fibre into your diet to aid the digestion process. This can cut the risk of many such ailments and also aid in the treatment of the same. Intestinal distress is largely caused by food that is still lurking around in the digestive tract, so it is important to clean out the digestive system with plenty of fibre and water.
- Nutrition for better Digestive System Health: Food that is rich in minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and iron will help in creating a stronger system that cleanses the digestive tract and helps in reducing the production of excess acid in the stomach. A balanced diet with plenty of nutrition aids digestion and makes the immunity stronger.
- Study your Triggers: Watch out for foods that can trigger reflux action and other acidity related issues on the intake. These can include fatty food, fried and oily food as well as extremely spicy food. Stress is also a major trigger of intestinal distress, so it would be a good idea to avoid stressful situations or take medical help to deal with them in a better manner.
- Medication: Antacids and other medication to prevent the onset and growth of such distress can be sought out after due consultation with a medical practitioner. Medication will help in dealing with and altering the acid level production in the stomach.
- Surgery: In very extreme cases like ulcers and large size gallstones, surgery may be helpful so that you avoid rupturing the stomach's lining which can lead to a serious infection or even internal bleeding.
Knowing your triggers and getting into a better routine as far as your diet goes is as important as seeing a doctor about the severity of your case when it comes to intestinal distress.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
This is my 1st month of pregnancy. Which is a better option to take - MCBM 69 or Folsafe L tablets. Please advise.
Our 8 weeks pregnancy fetus is growing in fallopian tube and our genes has advised to abort it. Please urgently advise if we can save this pregnancy. Please help.
My marriage completed 6 yrs. Still no baby. My folica tube is block. In 2012 dn laposcropy but no result then done 2013 - 5 IUE. Then 2014 normally natural procedure dn by other Dr. Then take gap frm 07/2016 to 01/2017 then dn IVF in 05/2017 but IVF was failed. Nw we cnt do the another ivf for financial issue. So pls suggest me.
If you have been trying to get pregnant for a long period of time, but not succeeding, it is time for you to see a doctor immediately. In case you have tried for pregnancy and not getting near it for a long duration, do not get disheartened and worried. There a lot of fertility techniques which have evolved over the time due to the advancement of medical technology.
If you have failed again and again, you should not wait anymore and visit a doctor. The doctor would help you locate the problem behind your failure and would provide you with other options of getting pregnant.
They are as follows:
- Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are the primary remedy for women who struggle to get naturally pregnant as they cannot perform ovulation. Mimicking the body's own hormones, drugs such as Clomid work to trigger the ovaries into discharging eggs. This strategy prompts pregnancy accomplishment in a couple of months without further delay. Different drugs can, likewise, be utilized to control the menstrual cycle or thicken the womb's coating to set it up for pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you fertility drugs if you have an extremely irregular menstrual cycle and your ovulation is unusual, and you are not producing eggs. Sometimes, these drugs are given to women with pituitary failure.
- Intrauterine insemination: In this process, a tube which contains sperms of best quality is inserted into the vagina of a woman into the uterus via the cervix. This process is carried out during the most fertile period of the woman's menstrual cycle. It may be repeated for two or three days. Your doctor may recommend this method in case you have unexplained infertility, or if you have problems in ovulating. If your partner is impotent or in case that you do not have a partner, this process can be undertaken.
- In vitro fertilization: This treatment includes the preparation of an egg outside your body. Eggs are accumulated from a woman's ovaries and are blended with sperm. The fertilization process happens in a leveled, flat shaped glass dish. The prepared egg or embryo is then put back into the uterus, which is called embryo transfer. A solitary treatment cycle can take anything between six weeks and two months and involves stages where you need regular injections and general ultrasound observing. This will be recommended by the doctor if you have unexplained fertility or when your fallopian tubes get blocked.
If you are struggling to get pregnant for a long time, you should not wait and consult a doctor, who would provide you with alternatives.
If you want to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialists.
Suffered from unexpected date in just 14 days. And the very next day it felt nothing. I am worried what can be the reason?
Hello. Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex she took ipill after 2 3 hours she’s 18 years old. We had sex on 25th September and after two weeks on 8th October she got periods. Is everything normal? Please reply.
I planned to take veg salad regularly and I am 7 months pregnant. Will it improves my skin texture and hair growth?
The build-up of gases in the stomach can be uncomfortable and very embarrassing when it leads to flatulence. Flatulence can be defined as the release of intestinal gas from the anus. This may or may not be accompanied by sound and odour. Both men and women can be affected by flatulence at any age.
Some of the causes of flatulence include:
• Swallowing excessive amounts of air while eating
• Lactose intolerance
Food that is difficult to digest often triggers the formation of gas such as hydrogen, carbon dioxide, methane and sulphur in the digestive system as a result of the microbial breakdown of this food. Sulphur is largely responsible for the odor that accompanies the release of these gases. Beans, chickpeas, cauliflower and cabbage are some such foods that can trigger flatulence.
Flatulence on its own is not a serious condition and usually resolves itself without medication. However if it triggers severe abdominal cramps, diarrhea, persistent constipation, blood in the stools, nausea and pain in the right side of the abdomen, medical care should be immediately sought.
If flatulence is a problem you suffer from often, take a look at your diet and modify your eating habits. Keep a food diary to determine what food triggers this condition and avoid it. If you are lactose intolerant switch your dairy products for soya substitutes and avoid dairy. Anti-gas compounds that are available over the counter can also provide relief. Chew your food slowly, thoroughly and ensure that your mouth is closed while chewing to prevent swallowing air. For this reason, also avoid chewing gums and fizzy drinks. If you must eat beans, soak them overnight before cooking.
Flatulence can be easily treated with home remedies. Following home remedies can be used
1. Ginger: Ginger aids the digestion process, eases bloating and reduces gas. It also helps stool pass smoothly and helps keep the intestines clear. This does not give stomach gases a chance to build up. Ginger can be consumed in the form of capsules or a tea made by steeping ginger in hot water for a few minutes.
2. Papaya: Along with being rich in antioxidants and flavonoids, papaya contains an enzyme known as papain that helps digest proteins and reduce gas. To benefit from papain, you could eat the papaya fruit or drink a tea made with papaya leaves. Papaya enzymes are also available as supplements. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 25 yr. Married before 6 month. I am getting white liquid flow in vagina. But not getting menses regularly. Kindly help me. Somtyms I get irritation in vagina.
Hi sir I lost my child last 1 year back I means in miscarriage. After that's we didn't get good news after the miscarriage n we continues consultants doctor also all are reports fine all r good n also mine we both r check up. What's happening we don't no. Please help us please what we have to do.
Dear drs, Am working in abroad for the last 5 years. My marriage was before one year, we lived together only 30 days on that month. We tried for a babe but was failure. So this time I bring my wife abroad for a 3 month visit. My wife have pcod. Last June 15th doctor advised for a abdominal and pelvic scan. From the result doctor said that there is no normal ovulation happening. Wife have 150 cm height and 56 kg weight, so doctor given metformin tablet and told us to try. After 6 months of her food control and exercise she got 56 kg from 62 kg. And got periods regular for the last 4 months but this month 4 days late. Before yesterday found a brown color spot from the inner wear only one time, the very next day started the period bleeding and vomiting and headache also. For a baby how can we overcome these problems kindly help as soon as possible. Thanking You.
I have menses problem they don't come on time and if at all they come it lasts for 2 days and too less flow it is because of my weight it is 76 kg I am female age is 30.
1.Eat More Calories Than You Burn:
The most important thing you can do to gain weight is to eat more calories than your body burns. You need to eat more calories than your body burns in order to gain weight. Aim for 300-500 calories per day above your maintenance level, or 700-1000 calories if you want to gain weight fast.
2.Eat Lots of Protein:
Protein forms the building blocks of your muscles. Eating sufficient protein is required to gain muscle weight instead of just fat.High-protein foods include meats, fish, eggs, many dairy products, legumes, nuts and others. Protein supplements like whey protein can also be useful if you struggle to get enough protein in your diet.
3.Eat Lots of Carbs and Fat, and Eat at Least 3 Times Per Day:
In order to gain weight, eat at least 3 meals per day and make sure to eat plenty of fat, carbs and protein.
4.Eat a Lot of Energy-Dense Foods and use Sauces, condiments:
Here are some energy-dense foods that are perfect for gaining weight:
Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, etc.
Dried fruit: Raisins, dates, prunes and others.
High-fat dairy: Whole milk, full-fat yogurt, cheese, cream.
Fats and Oils: Extra virgin olive oil and avocado oil.
Grains: Whole grains like oats and brown rice.
Meat: Chicken, beef, pork, lamb, etc. Choose fattier cuts.
Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams.
Dark chocolate, avocados, peanut butter, coconut milk, granola, trail.
5.Lift Heavy Weights and Improve Your Strength:
It is very important to lift heavy weights and improve your strength. This will help you gain muscle mass instead of just fat.
6.Don’t drink water before meals. This can fill your stomach.
7.Eat more often. Squeeze in an additional meal or snack whenever you can, such as before bed.
8.Drink milk. Drinking whole milk to quench thirst is a simple way to get in more high-quality protein and calories.
Try weight gainer shakes. If you are really struggling then you can try weight gainer shakes. These are very high in protein, carbs and calories.
9.Use bigger plates. Definitely use large plates if you are trying to get in more calories, as smaller plates cause people to automatically eat less.
10.Add cream to your coffee. This is a simple way to add in more calories.
11 Take creatine. The muscle building supplement creatine monohydrate can help you gain a few pounds in muscle weight.
12Get quality sleep. Sleeping properly is very important for muscle growth.