Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
In India, statistics reveal that more than 92% of women suffer from gynaecological problems. These doctors usually deal with problems relating to all the organs of the reproductive system and issues faced while having a baby.
The most common causes to visit to your gynae are enlisted below:
- Menstrual irregularities: The menstrual health of any person is directly related to the overall health of that person. Ideally speaking, your menstrual cycle should have a regular and constant pattern. The common signs of having menstrual irregularities are periods lasting for more than 7 days, abrupt delay in the occurrence of periods, having extremely heavy or light bleeding during periods, missing a period, and such other issues.
- Painful sex: Most women feel that it is normal to feel a little bit of pain in your vagina during sex. However, the truth is that pain during sex is not at all normal. If you feel pain while indulging in sexual activity, there are chances of you suffering from either vaginal dryness or a mild infection, which if left untreated can become worse. Some of these infections can even be STDs such as herpes, gonorrhoea etc.
- General well-being: Gynecologists also take care of your overall vaginal health. It is very essential to have a healthy vagina for women, to ensure that it may not cause further health complications. Additionally, you may also visit gynecologists if you have breast cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or if you are experiencing symptoms of menopause.
- Itchy vagina: Vaginal itching is very commonly ignored as most women consider it to be embarrassing, and as something that does not require any attention. However vaginal itching may be an indication of something more serious. Usually vaginal itching is a sign of fungal infection or a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease. In the worst-case scenario, it can even be a sign of vulvar cancer (a cancer of the vulva, which is the external part of your vagina).
I am suffering from pcod. Is there any problem at the time of pregnancy. And how should I know that I'm pregnant as I am taking menstrual pills?
• Cut down salt (common table salt) intake in your diet to avoid hypertension. Intake should not exceed more then 2 to 2.5 gm a day.
• Avoid foods rich in cholesterol: ground nut oil, ghee, butter, whole milk, eggs, lard (fats derived from pig meat), tallow (fats derived from goat or sheep mutton) – all non-vegetarian food contain cholesterol in varied amount.
• Avoid non-vegetarian food especially red meat.
• Increase intake of foods that contain PUFA`s (poly unsaturated fatty acids): flax / linseed oil is the richest source of PUFA`s. Other oils that contain PUFA`s are safflower oil, soybean oil, sesame oil, olive oil. As all oils are high in fats, its consumption should be limited. The intake of oils should not exceed 20gms a day.
• Sesame oil and almond oil hinders the absorption of LDL (low-density lipoproteins), so it is advisable to use replace other cooking oils by sesame oil.
• Increase your intake of water.
• Consume whole grain cereals and whole pulses.
• Take high fiber diet - whole grains, bran, oat, green leafy vegetables etc.
• Cut down the intake of sugar and other sweeteners.
• Avoid fat-rich portions of flesh foods. Instead have lean meat.
• Avoid fat-rich desserts and fried snacks like cakes, pastries, puddings etc
• Instead of frying food boil, steam, grill or roast food.
• Avoid coffee and caffeinated drinks, junk food – pizza, burgers etc.
• Consume food rich in magnesium.
– Nuts and sea food, green leafy vegetables, sea plants like Japanese sea plants, whole grains, peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds.
• Increase intake of vitamin C, it maintains the elasticity and integrity of the artery walls.
– Citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, vegetables- cabbage, broccoli, tubers- potatoes and sweet potatoes.
• Increase calcium intake:-
– milk and sea food, nuts- ground nuts, walnut, almond and cashew nuts; green leafy vegetables, whole grains, fruits like - custard apple and banana.
– Peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
I'm having irregular periods. What kind of diet may help to have periods on correct time? And does eating papaya destroy ovary cells?
My gf is on her periods, hopefully, She is having 70% bleeding according to usual flow, today we noticed that she has blue veins near her areola on both her breasts, what could be the possible reason?
Incase if she has an irregular periods what will be the fertile days. Eg. 35 days usually she gets in time this month she missed little more time. Pl let me know on the fertile days to get conceive.
Hi Doctor, My wife consecutively 2 times miscarriage Nov 2015 she got one miscarriage in 2nd month, due to bleeding. Last menses date is Feb 14 2016, 5th April 2016 again she confirmed pregnancy 2nd time, 16 April 2016 we went for checkup at time my wife explained to doctor she had light bleeding. We went for scanning after that doctor told us this time also she got miscarriage. We both are close relative 2011 we got married 2012 we got one boy kid without any problem now he is 4 year old. Kindly help us we need one more kid guide us what procedure we need to follow to avoid miscarriage. We are looking for your value.
I have fever and throat pain after 2 days I am going to hyd so can I take sandoz for periods to delay ? Is it OK by taking fever tablets and these tablets?
I am 7 months pregnant, at the beginning of my pregnancy my weight was 77 kg and now it is 90 kg. Is it possible to have the baby by normal delivery or not? My sugar and BP ARE QUITE NORMAL.
I am in 7 weeks pregnant. I had torch test and rubella-IgG is 3.07 and cytomegalovirus virus is 5.11. I had two times abortion previously. Doctor said that this time also I may get aborted. Kindly help.
Had unprotected sex with my girlfriend, she took ipill within 16 hours, she got bleeding after 6 days which lasted for two days but her normal period is delayed by 6 days. What does it mean? Is she pregnant?
I am 26 years old, married for 5 years but not able to conceive it. Had may uterus scanned 2 days back, results are: normal TSH levels (2.8) and all other things are normal. But ovary size is low (10mm * 10mm) and multiple small follicles are seen in both ovaries.
My wife is 3.5 month pregnant. She is bleeding on n off for sometimes. Wt can be the reasons behind it. Wt are the home remedy for it.
Hi mam I am 23 weeks pregnant last 4 days back I undergone cervix stitch today I'm feeling very scared please help me out as I lost my 1 st baby in 21 week pregnant due to some abnormality please help me today for 2 times I felt very light sharp pain below navel im very much scared how to sit how to sleep can I walk cervix measures 2.2 CMS total 3.0 cms internal O's is opened and funneling seen I'm very scared I need this baby please help me out please doctors.
Take extra care of your skin during pregnancy if you are prone to rashes. Take showers whenever you need to and change your underwear at regular intervals. Cotton is the most comfortable and preferable as it lets the skin breath and is quite absorbent.