Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arti Nitin Suryawanshi
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arti Nitin SuryawanshiYour feedback matters!
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi my wife delivered a girl baby at 28th week, baby is admitted in NIC but doctors are telling baby will be alive for 2,3 days only but I do not know wt to do, can I save my baby.
This is a message or an important information to convey you, though I know that you love your children the most, but there are certain real facts, if you are unaware then, this tip will help you think and judge to save your children from leading a spoiled life. In fact I know that all of you do expect their children to lead a happy, good and a peaceful life, but you miss certain facts because of your busy schedule and commitments.
- Having children brings an increased sense of meaning into family life. Gives parents the reason for living, though there is marital conflict as well.
- Motherhood is by very nature a" giving job" because a mother's love and care is expressed physically (hug, kiss, touch), emotionally (laugh, cry and smile), mentally and spiritually to their children.
- Nurturing of the mother and how much time she gives to her child is very important, because the way the child is cared, loved and trained will make the child the best citizen of the country and to the society as well with all the good qualities.
- It puts too much pressure on your kids. Being a kid is really hard, because a kid is very innocent and helpless, because they cannot do, think or judge what is good and what is bad when they are too young.
- Their family are their blood relatives (parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles who are blood relatives of their parents are their role models, heroes and heroines in their life, which they tend to dream and react when they observe.
Do you remember parents? the society you lived was safe and not very bad as these days. Your childhood days was much safer than what it is now.
- Do not believe a 3rd person (maid/caretaker) to be the body guard/security to your innocent child to take care or teach them in a positive way.
- Good relationship with each and every kid is very very important so do not leave your kid in the hands of a 3rd person, who will handle them in a very sadist or cruel way physically abuse, or verbally abuse or at least emotionally or mentally.
- Do not run behind money then, you will lose your kid's happiness, peace and good future.
- Maid/caretaker will shatter your dreams and your kid will be a spoiled kid with all the bad qualities and bad habits, which you may or may not be aware of.
- Kids almost of all age groups do need privacy, while passing urine or even when passing faeces. They are more comfortable only with their close relatives to help them clean or handle them in this situation and not a third person, maid, or a caretaker. Though they cannot communicate, their eyes and facial expressions do mean the same.
- When left with a maid/caretaker or a 3rd person, they are forced in a situation to watch videos, pictures or television not suitable to their age so just imagine what will be registered in your kid's mind at a very young age and what will be the impact be in the future
- Maid/caretaker or a 3rd person may be of good nature or may not be. When they are left alone to handle your poor little kids who are helpless enough to say" no daddy or no mummy, I want you to be with me, because I am afraid to stay without you, I do not want this 3rd person. I very badly want you mom and dad please" they do cry and crave for you parents if not communicated, their eyes and facial expressions do mean the same.
- The maid's/a caretaker's or a 3rd person's character or mood or emotions tend to change because of selfishness, lack of humanity or jealousy, because of these nature, the way they handle your little one would-be very bad, which will definitely spoil your child to the maximum extent they can.
I would like to convey through this health feed that.
" please do not run behind money, which will not bring peace or happiness in your life when your kid is spoiled, internally depressed and tortured emotionally without your knowledge when left in the hands of a wrong person.
- My advice would be that any one of the parents should stay along with them or at least their close aunt or grandparents, till the kid is able to communicate well with you about their experiences or emotions to you. If you think your life, world and happiness is your kid then, do not leave them under the care or in the hands of a wrong person.
- Do allow your kids to grow with their loved ones, good environment, and give them the privacy and their rights.
- Their rights and need is they want only your love, care and security.
- Save your kid by sacrificing your wants or desires for them by staying along with them till they are old enough to handle themselves.
- The way they are brought up or grown up will make them a good citizen to the country and a good person to the society with all the good qualities.
- Respect your child's rights and privacy.