Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arti Nitin SuryawanshiYour feedback matters!
WHAT IS THE PROPER TREATMENT FOR TUBERCULOSIS IN STOMACH ? WHETHER IT IS FULLY CURABLE ? HOW MUCH TIME IT TAKES TO CURE ? IS THERE IN MEDICINE IN AYURVEDA / HOMEOPATH FOR THE SAME ?
Hello doctor, I have 65 days old kid. Everyday I make him to sleep around 10 PM - 11 pm and I feed him during that time. After that next I feed him around 5 am. He never wakes up in between. Is this correct or do I have to wake him up and feed him in between. In day time I feed frequently when ever he needs it.(more than 7,8 times)
My son is 8 years 9 months old. Last three days back i. E. On Monday he had a fever of 101.6 and it continued until yesterday i. E. Wednesday night. The fever ranged between 101 to 99. On tuesday along with the fever, rashes started, i. E. Pinpricked rash all over the body with slight itchiness, today he has no fever but rash is still present. Please help me with any medication. Thanking you.
Girl child age 2 months ssuffered with high spasmoding cough since 4th apr stated treated with agumantin & cough syp, steam inhation for 6 days but there no proper response cpc, crp & chest xray done hb 9.2 tlc 13600 p32 l 62 e4 mi crp -3.6 xray shows shadow pneumonitis sugested treated with nimkcin pep-30 monosef and other measure adopted to prevent there is marginally response to cough but not complete clear rpt xray was clear tlc 13100 no fever between treatment. But there was no reilf with cough when ever wake up a deep cough started and in night after 2 o clock more frequancy, cough is still runs but duration is very less to earlier interwel time also less. All antibiotic stoped on 20th apr child is on cough syp ascorole my and plain steam. A digital xray was done that wnl except superior mediastinum is widened due to enlarged thymus glands on the rt side. All above conclusion is that cough is not in complete relief.
My son is 10 months old and he is not drinking water, while eating also only 2 spoons water he will drink, I tried glucon d is good? If I give water forcibly he will spit it. What to do?
You look your best when you wear a smile on your face. Everyone prefers a smiling face over a frowned one. Since we are talking about smiles, one can never underestimate the role that teeth play in the beauty of a smile. Dental hygiene and care is mandatory if you wish to secure your beautiful smile for years to come.
However, the global statistics for dental care suggests that we do not care enough for our teeth. 60-90% of children who are in school and almost every adult suffer from dental cavities. Dental cavities are pretty common nowadays. And yellowing of teeth can now be seen in almost every other person. It spoils the smile and makes people conscious. By ensuring a few dental care habits in your daily routine lives, you can avoid yellow teeth.
Let us discuss the tips and tricks to avoid yellowing of teeth:
- Say no to specific foods: Yellowing of teeth is caused by food choices including coffee, red wine, sodas, juices, sports drinks, white wine, coloured candies and other artificially coloured foods. It will help if these foods are consumed in less quantity and frequency as they are the major contributors towards discoloration of teeth.
- Water after every coloured drink: Here is a habit that you must inculcate in your routine, whenever you consume any of the above mentioned food items. Post every drink or food intake which can cause tooth-staining, top it up with a glass of water. When you swirl or gargle the water in your mouth, you remove the acids that get accumulated in your mouth. It is one of the simplest preventive measures one can implement to avoid tooth stains.
- Dental Hygiene: Our parents and dentists kept reminding us all the time to brush twice a day and gargle with water post every food intake but did we listen to them as kids? No we did not. Proper brushing, flossing and going for dental checkups at regular intervals are sure shot ways to keep your teeth healthy for majority of your lifetime. One must develop these habits quite early in life to gain benefits from it.
- Whiten those Yellow teeth: You might be at that stage of your life where inculcating the above mentioned habits won't do much good. The damage might already have been done. Your teeth are probably yellowish already and you have a history of dental cavities. In this 21st century, there are ways to whiten your teeth artificially with the many alternatives available in the market. One can opt for a solution, which can be done at home itself or go for a laser whitening which is now possible at a dentist clinic.
So there is still hope for those who are unable to share that smile with the world due to the yellowing of teeth. Nothing is irreparable here and the health of your teeth lies in your hand.
Hi, my son is 2 years 6 months, I have some doubts. Can I give him raw egg, or boiled egg, which time is perfect to give? He will not drink milk, he needs coffee or tea, is it okay? Or any effects. What could I give him best energy drink?
I am 25 years old .I have one year old child nd hi depends on breast feed. After delivery my wait is put on so what can I do to reduce my weight My baby is also do breast feed.
My 1.3 year old baby has made weight fall on his both legs, orthopedicIan said there is no fracture and given imol syrup but he is not able to walk properly. What to do. By when he will walk properly.
My son is 5 years old, he has lost two teeth from lower side. Is the age is suitable for losing teeth and teeth of upper side is also loose. Can you please tell me how I can save his teeth from early loosing.
Hi. I am from India and my son is 2 years 5 months. His birth weight was 2.89 kgs. He is a very fussy eater. He does not drink milk while he is awake, so I have to feed him with a bottle when he sleeps I am giving him tonoferon drops and ostocalcium syrup but not regularly. Please suggest if I can add all change his Iron and Calcium supplements.
A child’s tantrums, especially during teens, are quite common. However, there could be some children who could be exhibiting an extreme version of these symptoms. This is known as oppositional defiant disorder.
Children with this disorder become easily irritable, angry, argumentative, defiant and feel vindictive against most elders (parents, teachers, and others). While this is something very common and can be ignored to be a part of teenage tantrums, the issue is when these symptoms do not seem to end. If they persist for beyond 6 months, it is time to worry. These may then begin to interfere with their daily activities including schooling, where they may not be easy for the teacher to manage.
Diagnosis of ODD: With the changing behaviour of teenagers, it is often difficult to pinpoint and say there is ODD. However, some guidelines for diagnosis are listed below. Angry/irritable, argumentative, defiant and vindictive. If these symptoms are seen for more than 6 months with no inducing reason, happens with non-siblings, and is affecting learning and playing, it is highly likely the child has ODD.
These symptoms can occur at home, at school, or in other settings – seen respectively in one, two, or more settings. Some of the symptoms are listed below.
- Repeated temper tantrums
- Anger bursts, swearing, using obscene language
- Extremely argumentative, especially with people in authority (teachers, parents, etc.)
- Annoying others and getting annoyed easily
- Noncompliance to rules and regulations at school and institutions
- Defending one’s mistakes and blaming others for it
- These result in poor academic performance, antisocial behavior, substance abuse, and higher suicidal tendencies.
Treatment depends on the presenting symptoms, the age of the child, and supportive care available. The child should be able to actively take part in psychotherapy to reap good benefits. It would otherwise be a task with no results.
- Psychotherapy will help the child improve its cope and express and control anger. This also improves problem-solving skills.
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy tries to mould the behaviour.
- If required, the parents also would be involved to improve family’s involvement in the treatment. Caretakers are given special training if required so that they can support in long-term medical care.
- The child also needs to be trained for appropriate behaviour under different circumstances.
- Rewards for positive behaviour and punishments for negative behaviour are useful ways.
Prevention: Early identification can help in minimizing distress to the family and help in the early arrest of the disease. The family is also taught basic and simple steps which can help in supporting therapy. Early rejection at school and loss of learning, can happen which can be managed with early intervention. A nurturing and supportive family can help manage the child very well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.