Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Arora RajivYour feedback matters!
My dad's nature appears to be very unnatural for eg: yesterday he had gone out in a wedding and then after coming back home he was confused whether he had come back with his car only or with others car and then he was very stressed that he will be prisoned for the case of robbery of a car. So, is it a serious mental problem. Can you please suggest a solution for this.
you was able to run 100 metres in 13 sec but now my knee gets pain while running. What should I do to overcome that?
Resp sir/mam, I am a 26 year old male having backpain for 4 months. Initially it was on lower left side of spine but today it is at right side and slightly above. I had many visits to the nearby hospital and received shortwave diathermy for 7-8 days which gave some relief. I apply osteoflam which gives temporary relief. Please help as the pain seems to settle somewhere deep and is discomforting. Whenever I sit with straight posture there is no pain, but when my back posture couch it starts paining somewhere deep in the back. Also, after doing some amount of exercise the pain subsides for sometime. I know that I need to loose few pounds as my stomach is bulging but first I need to be cured. Ps: there is no pain in the legs so it is not a case of slip disc thankfully.
Main 30 saal ki hun meri aavaj 4 saal se kuch bhari si ho gye h. Mere feet me swelling bhi rehti h. Aur mera weight ab phle she kuch jyada ho gya h. Muje kya disease h ?
Hi doctor. I am 24 years old. Sir previous 2 month. I am suffering from weakness & facial lacwa also left hand said. So please tell me. What I do in this problem?
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder in which the body recognizes the body's own system as foreign and produces an inflammatory reaction. The synovium which is the space between the bones and the joints and contains a lubricating fluid which allows easy movement of the joints.
Inflammation of this space leads to painful, swollen joints that can also turn red and become stiff over a period of time. The joint surfaces can gradually progress to produce deformities (the swan-neck deformity of the hand for instance) and disability.
Because it is an autoimmune disorder, the exact etiology is not known but a lifestyle, stress, cold weather are supposedly predisposing factors. That being the case, it is not surprising that Ayurveda has a variety of options, both in terms of do's and don't be to manage rheumatoid arthritis - both the severity of symptoms and further progression of the disease.
Do's: A well-planned diet will help by supporting optimal functioning of the immune system and nourish the affected joints.
- People diagnosed with RA should follow a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. Drumsticks, bitter gourd, carrot, papaya, green leafy vegetables, etc., reduce inflammation and hyperactivity of the immune system. The antioxidant properties in these neutralize the free radicals circulating in the body (responsible for increasing inflammation). This helps control the longstanding inflammation of the joints.
- It is also advisable to eat them as whole fruits and not as juices. The fiber in the whole fruits helps digestion.
- Sprinkle pepper powder over cooling food items like cucumber and radish (or completely avoid eating such food).
- Include garlic which is an excellent remedy for RA, can be mixed with buttermilk.
- Whole grains such as wheat, brown rice, millet, barley are beneficial for RA, their high fiber content helps in proper digestion and promotes regular bowel movements.
- Aged honey mixed with plain water.
- Drink boiled milk to which dry ginger powder is added; this can replace tea and coffee.
- Milk mixed with turmeric powder is also helpful in controlling inflammation.
- Work at reducing weight.
Don'ts: In addition to adding the above to your diet, there are some things to avoid, which can worsen symptoms of inflammation.
- Avoid overall unhealthy and irregular diet habits which affects the immune system and aggravates symptoms.
- Avoid sleeping during daytime and staying awake at nights.
- Avoid deep fried foods and fermented food items.
- Given its autoimmune nature, it is better to avoid regular allergy-inducing foods like dairy products, soy, peanuts, processed foods, artificial additives, etc. These could trigger an enhanced allergic reaction.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco.
- Avoid tea and coffee and other caffeinated drinks.
With simple daily food habit and lifestyle changes, the severity of RA can be managed effectively.