Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Arjun. G. ViegasYour feedback matters!
The knee joint is a very complicated joint in the body as it helps in a number of movements. Knee pain may result from sudden injuries, osteoarthritis or due to overuse and over exertion on the knees.
The various causes of knee pain are:
- Injury to the knee joint
- Being overweight puts stress on the knee, resulting in knee pain
- Infections in the knee joint result in knee pain
- Movements such as heavy squats may cause the knee joint to be sprained
Homeopathy is a holistic method of treatment that focuses on treating the cause of the disease rather than just the symptoms. There are many homeopathic remedies that are used for the treatment of knee pain:
- Rhus Tox: This remedy is used to treat knee pain that results from repetitive motion of the knee joint.
- Bryonia Alba: This is used in treating knee pain that gets worse when the knee joint is moved. Also, it is advised to rest after using this remedy.
- Ledum Pal: This is an excellent treatment for knee pain that is caused by rheumatism and gout. The symptoms tend to worsen under cold conditions.
- Guaiacum: If the knee pain is caused by abscess in the knee joint, then guaiacum is used to treat it. It is advised to apply cold compress to the affected area to allow it to heal faster.
- Benzoic acid: If the cause of the knee pain is deposition of uric acid, benzoic acid is used in the treatment.
- Hypericum: This remedy is used to treat pain that stems from rheumatoid arthritis, such as pain while contracting the knees. It is an effective remedy to reduce pain in the nerves around the knee joint.
- Colchicum: This remedy is administered if the knee pain worsens after moving the leg. It is advised to rest the knee and apply warm compress on the affected area to reduce the pain after this particular remedy is administered.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am having hairfall at a large scale and acnes all over my face and on my shoulders also. The acnes pains a lot when you press or hold them. As I was recently been transfered here so I think its because of the water here! Please help.
I am 34 years old and suffering from severe backache and knee pain for last 1 year. Please advice me what to do ?
Hey I low in calcium for few years but it's tablets are too big to swallow that's why I don't eat it but my joints pains frequently and cramps too. I married 3 months before. Due to this my mom in law give me dry fruits apple banana milk mix in breakfast n regular normal lunch and dinner. Please suggest a diet for me which will be helpful for me now and in near future also?
5 years ago I got sprain in my neck. It does not healed up automatically. After that I got pain in my neck even placing it 2 minutes in a single position. Its severity increases and pain reaches to the head after few months. I consult a neurologist but treatment does not worked and problem got severe as it affects my shoulder and upper back too. Now I have symptoms - 1. Pain in neck and shoulder. 2. Difficulty in looking downward or bending down (head goes heavy when I bend) 3. Stiffness in neck and shoulder (more when wake up after sleep and after bath) 4. Confidence level gets down and feeling depressed mostly 5. Nervousness and anxiety 6. Loosing interest in activities which I love earlier 7. Memory gets weaker 8. Urgency of urinating increases a lot 9. Cracking of bones around neck and shoulder 10. Feels like swelling around shoulder and upper back 11. Formation of trigger points in trapezius muscle 12. Vision problem all my reports of MRI, x rays, and blood tests are normal. Is it fibromyalgia? Do I get rid of this problem and lead a normal life? Please help me.
I have spondylitis pls suggest me any solution. I have middle back spondylitis. Bone gap are decreased.
Back pain often strikes when something's amiss with the delicate column of bones, muscles, ligaments and joints that holds you up. But many other conditions, like strains, arthritis, hairline spine fractures and even kidney infections, can cause your back to throb.
What you can do
Ice first, heat later. As a pain reliever, ice works great. It temporarily blocks pain signals and helps reduce swelling. Several times a day, lay an ice pack wrapped in a towel on the painful area for up to 20 minutes. Alternatively, you can use a bag of frozen peas or corn. During the first few days of home treatment, apply the ice pack as frequently as necessary. Later you may still want to use ice after exercise or physical activities. After about 48 hours, switch to moist heat to stimulate blood flow and reduce painful spasms. Dip a towel in very warm water, wring it out, then flatten and fold it. Lie on your stomach with pillows under your hips and ankles. Place the towel across the painful area, cover the towel with plastic wrap, then put a heating pad - set on medium - atop the plastic. Leave it on for up to 20 minutes. You can repeat this three or four times a day for several days.
Perfect your posture. Look for the posture that places the least stress on your back. To do it, stand straight with your weight evenly balanced on both feet. Tilt your pelvis forward, then back, exaggerating the movement. Then settle into the position that feels most comfortable. Now 'work your way up' your back, focusing on one area at a time. First concentrate on the area near your waist, then your chest area, and finally your neck and shoulders. Try to feel which position is least stressful and most comfortable. This is the position to maintain when you're standing, walking, and beginning or ending any exercise.
Rise and shine. Each morning before you get out of bed, lie on your back and slowly stretch your arms overhead. Gently pull your knees to your chest, one at a time. To rise, roll to the edge of your bed, turn on your side, put your knees over the edge, and use one arm to push yourself up as you let your feet swing to the floor. Once you're on your feet, put your hands on your buttocks and lean back very slowly to stretch out your spine.
Rub in some relief. Ask a partner to massage the aching area. If you want to use a 'back rub' cream or ointment, go ahead, but use caution, as most topical creams produce skin irritation after a few applications. For a simple back massage aid, stuff several tennis balls into a long sock, tie the end of the sock, and have your partner roll it over your back.
A natural boost
Pick a pepper product. Your drugstore carries liniments that contain capsaicin, the heat-producing substance in hot peppers. Applied to your skin, capsaicin depletes nerve endings of a neurochemical called substance P. Researchers have found that substance P is essential for transmitting pain sensations to the brain, so when there's less substance P in circulation, the pain meter is turned down a bit. Look for a cream or ointment containing 0.075% or 0.025% capsaicin. And be patient: You may have to use it for several weeks to feel the full effect. Stop using it if you begin to feel any skin irritation.
Three or four times a day, take 500 milligrams of bromelain. Derived from pineapples, this enzyme promotes circulation, reduces swelling, and helps your body reabsorb the by-products of inflammation. Look for a strength between 1,200 and 2,400 MCU (milk clotting units) or 720 and 1,440 GDU (gelatin dissolving units). Wait for at least an hour after each meal before taking the bromelain, or it will work mainly in your gut instead of your muscles.
I suffered from Chikungunya 2 months back but since then I am still suffering from severe pain in ankles and feet along with swelling due to which I can hardly walk. Please advise whether I can take Eupatorium Perfoliatum Mother Tincture, what dosage and for how long. Thank you.
Hi, my friend has a unique problem, she developed pain on her back and she gets black patches at that time and the pain increases gradually and at one point becomes unbearable where she needs to take pain killer, she has shown to many doctors and they all say there is no problem but this keeps recurring every 6 months? What is the diagnosis and the treatment plan? Kindly suggest.
I am in my thirty I have severe back pain and I have problem with my leg so pls suggest me good medicine this is first time I got this problem. Pls suggest me good medication.
Arthritis is a common musculoskeletal condition that affects elderly men and women. Joint pain, stiffness and inflammation are the most common symptoms of this condition. This pain can get so bad as to affect your movement and leave you unable to do simple things like walking up stairs or even simply turning a doorknob.
Arthritis cannot be reversed but with medication and a few lifestyle changes, your quality of life can be improved.
- Exercise and weight loss: Though it is difficult to do, losing weight can help relieve the pain of arthritis. This takes the pressure off your joints and increases the range of possible motions. Though exercising may be the last thing you want to do, it can help increase your flexibility and help strengthen your muscles. Aerobics, stretching and strength training are ideal for arthritic patients.
- Assistive devices: Arthritis can make a person knock kneed or bow legged. Wearing unloading braces, shoe inserts or walking with a cane or shoe inserts can help redistribute your weight and take the pressure of your joints. It can also help relieve pain and prevent arthritis from worsening.
- Eating right: Some types of food can worsen arthritic symptoms. This includes processed foods like white flour and sugar, yeast, chemical additives, gluten, hydrogenated and trans fats, milk products, caffeine, alcohol and tobacco. Hence, avoid consuming these foods and instead have a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grain. You could also try alkaline foods like green leafy vegetables, wheatgrass and aloe vera.
- Massage therapy: A massage not only de-stresses the body, but can also relieve muscle and joint pain by improving blood circulation. Massages also help break up muscular waste deposits and increase the amount of oxygen circulated in the body. This helps transport nutrients to tissues and carries toxins away. Ideally, an arthritic patient should have a massage 2-3 times a week in the beginning and at least twice a month once the condition has stabilised.
- Supplements: Along with eating healthy, including a few supplements in your daily diet can also help alleviate arthritic symptoms. When it comes to rheumatic arthritis; the anti-inflammatory properties of vitamin C help fight arthritis by promoting bone and cartilage growth and reducing infection. Fish oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce inflammation, Vitamin D is another supplement that helps relieve arthritic pain by helping the bones absorb calcium faster and preventing further loss of cartilage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.