Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archana ShindeYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, Please tell me what tests can be done before marriage to identify if any sexually transmitted diseases are present.
Allergies, or allergic reactions, are common occurrences, which are caused by unnatural reactions between your body's immune system and foreign substances, which have gained access into the body. When these substances, known as allergens, enter your body, your immune system produces antibodies, which are responsible for warding off unwanted substances like harmful viruses or diseases and helping in the body's overall resistance.
However, when antibodies identify a particular allergen as harmful, when it really isn't, a reaction occurs which may lead to inflammation or infection of the skin, sinuses, the digestive tract and the respiratory tract, among others. Allergies usually differ from individual to individual and can vary from mild skin irritations to fatal life-threatening emergencies.
Symptoms of allergies depend upon a wide range of factors, which are subjective and vary from person to person and from allergen to allergen. Depending upon the type of allergen involved and the nature of the allergy, symptoms may include any of the following:
- Running nose
- Severe itching
- Swollen or red and watery eyes
- Facial swelling
- Flaky skin which can peel off
These symptoms are common in mild to moderate allergies, such as atopic dermatitis, hay fever, drug or food allergies. There are certain rare cases (say, scorpion stings), however, in which the allergic reaction turns out to be potentially life-threatening. This type of reaction is known as anaphylaxis. Here are its signs and symptoms:
- Intense shortness of breath
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of consciousness
- Skin rashes
- Weak pulse
- A significant drop in blood pressure
The main cause of allergy is the uncontrolled reaction between the immune system's antibodies and harmless allergens. Allergic reactions are triggered when antibodies, like histamine, come into contact with particular types of allergens. These may include:
- Airborne allergens: Pollen, mold, or dust mites
- Insect stings: Bee stings or scorpion stings
- Certain eatables: Peanuts or sea food
- Medications: Penicillin or penicillin-based antibiotics
- Latex: Latex or other substances, which are responsible for causing allergic skin reactions
I am 20, female. I and my boyfriend had protected sex 2 weeks ago, and we both had sex for the first time in our lives and now my hymen did broke and he is still virgin also he fingered me and I did bleed after sex when I urinated. After 2 weeks I am having my periods and my date is still not due it's 2 weeks early and I feel pain in my urethral opening when I pee or when I just spread my legs. Also his semen didn't just ejaculated because we were not able to do it properly as it was our first time. I want to know what is the matter am I pregnant? Please help.
I am 26 year old women and married. I am trying pregnancy from last two years and I am taking treatment from last six month and all the rest has all are normal but amh level is 1.89 for this doctor giving treatment for last three months like humog 75 injection twice in monthly and ovacare tablet and last month my follicle size is 22 mm on 12th day and HSG test also normal and my husband semen analysis is normal. Doctor giving from last four months ccq tablet for 10 days after my period on third day and HCG injection on 13th day and susten 100 mg tablet twice a day but still I am not able to conceive pregnancy and I am getting period regularly. So can you please suggest what next treatment for getting conceive. Please help.
I missed my period it supposed to came on 4 april but still it not came and today is 6 in morning I use pregnancy test it came negative so is there any chance of pregnancy and my period is very regular last few month and cycle is 31 and these day I used to do fasting for 8 days.
Though it’s common for most people to consult allopathic physicians when they fall ill, you must have heard of alternate therapies like Reiki, Pranic healing and energy healing. These healing therapies share one thing in common - they all work by cleaning our aura.
What is the Aura?
The aura is a layer of energy that surrounds our physical body. Not just that, auras are found covering the physical bodies of all living beings on earth, like animals and plants. Auras are like cozy blankets that save us from harm, both physical and mental. That is the reason why they get torn and dirtied.
Why is the Aura important?
The ‘Prana’ or life force flows through the energy body or the aura. Any disturbance in this flow causes diseases, thus, a healthy, clean and energized aura is crucial for maintaining our well-being.
If there is a problem in your physical body, it will show up as a disturbance in your energy body too. For example, if your liver is sluggish, it is reflected as dirty, sticky energy in that part of your aura which corresponds to the liver.
If you are mentally, physically and emotionally healthy you will have a bright aura, and the energy centers on the aura called “Chakras” will be strong and active. On the contrary, if you are in any way not up to par, you will have a depleted aura with holes and tears. You will also be constantly losing energy which will further deplete your aura, making you sicker.
Can you cleanse your Aura?
The answer is a “yes”. You have a number of available options to choose from. What will work for you depends upon how damaged is your aura and your own capacity to cleanse and strengthen your aura.
- Approach a Pranic healer for cleansing and energizing your Aura: You have to do this if your aura is infested with too much dirty energy and this has already shown up as a serious disease like depression or hypertension. When you are too depleted of energy to help yourself, you must find a good pranic healer and go to him for treatment. What the healer will do is scan your aura to identify the problem. This will be followed by the treatment. The healer will cleanse your energy body using divine healing energy and Prana. He will follow this up with strengthening and energizing your aura. These two steps will automatically enhance the size of your aura and you will begin to feel relief. The treatment is usually divided into a number of sessions, depending on the severity of your disease and also on the cause of the problem. Pranic healing can also be done on the self, but you need to learn the correct way to cleanse and heal your aura first.
- Meditation: Your ‘chi’, ‘prana’ or internal energy in the aura can be increased by meditating. A good way to do this is by practicing the “Twin Hearts meditation”. The divine healing energy rains down on you during this meditation, immediately cleansing and energizing both your aura and the chakras.
- Hugging a tree: Connecting with nature is a great way to cleanse your aura. Another way is to hug a tree. The tree is able to cleanse your aura and make you healthier. Make sure, however, not to hug small shrubs or keep hugging the same tree daily for a long time, or it may well die.
- Crystal healing: Crystals can take away negative energies from our bodies and homes. You can use crystals like fire agate, labradorite and black Tourmaline as pendants to keep your aura clean.
- Smudging: Burning sage is a great way to clean your aura too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Pneumonia is a type of lung infection that may affect one or both lungs. In this condition the air sacs, also known as alveoli, fill with pus or fluid, which makes it difficult to breathe. Moreover, pneumonia is known to cause inflammation in the air sacs. This disease may range from mild to life threatening and the severity depends on cause of inflammation, the organism fostering your infection, your age and general health.
Most common symptoms associated with the condition are:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shaking chills
- Rapid heartbeat
- Rapid breathing
- Dry cough
- Muscle aches
- Bluish skin tone due to oxygen deficiency
- Blood in sputum that is coughed up mucus
- Labored breathing
- High fever
- Bacteria: One of the most common causes of pneumonia is the bacteria named as Streptococcus pneumoniae. This type of pneumonia may occur after you have had flu or a cold or maybe even on its own. Moreover, it may affect only one part of the lung i.e. the lobe and is also known as lobar pneumonia.
- Viruses: Viruses are one of the main reasons why children below 5 years of age suffer from pneumonia. Viruses that cause pneumonia may also cause cold or flu. Viral pneumonia is usually mild and may be treated at home itself. However, in some cases, it may be very severe and life-threatening.
- Mycoplasmas: Mycoplasma is a type of bacteria that doesn't have a cell wall around the cell membrane which is why they are usually unaffected by most antibiotics which target cell wall synthesis. The symptoms of pneumonia caused by mycoplasmas are mild and the patient does not require bed rest. This type of pneumonia is known as 'Walking Pneumonia'.
- Fungi: People with weakened immune systems or chronic health problems usually develop pneumonia due to fungi. You may also develop fungal pneumonia by inhaling large doses of it mainly found in soil or bird droppings.
My aunt has periods for 2 months n stl continuing. Shes scared dat her uterus is infected. She did ultrasound and also pap smear test and evrytng is normal in the report.
Hi, I am married man When my wife get up in morning she feels tiredness nd some water come her private part its looks like a man spurn .pl tell me what is the solution and I am from mumbai Nalasopar.
Dear sir/madam. I need small help please give suggestion for my question. My wife is pregnant first time in January 2017 but sum family problem issue that why my wife abortion in March 2017. Than I need again pregnant my wife How long time to next pregnant. Know continue sex with my wife with in 2 month but no results coming in pregnant.
I'm 22 years (female) I've read about binaural beats and found out that the delta waves of this binaural beat can release the HGH and even thumb pad massage and neck massage too help the pituitary gland to produce more HGH. Will this help me to grow few more inch? I'm so curious, please help.
In first month pregnancy. My doctor have given me folic acid medicine to take. Can I take folic acid. What is folic acid.
Being overweight doesn't stop you from getting pregnant but if not managed properly, the excess kilos can have quite a few side effects. Amongst these are an increased risk to infections, gestational diabetes, labor issues and premature birth. Losing weight in the first and last trimester is normal as long as the weight loss is not drastic. Here are a few simple tips to help manage weight during pregnancy effectively.
1. Eat frequent, small meals
Pregnant women are often advised to eat for two. Instead of piling food onto a plate three times a day, break your meals down into smaller bites at more frequent intervals. Eating every two hours is a healthy habit to inculcate. Along with helping maintain portion sizes, this also makes digestion more comfortable.
2. Avoid empty calories
When faced with a choice between fruits and chips, choose the former. Pregnancy cravings are normal but eating a tub of ice cream does not give your body or your baby any nutrition and only lead to unnecessary weight gain. Avoid anything with added sugar and solid fat like soft drinks, fried food, cheese and desserts. These can easily be replaced by fresh juices, nuts, yogurt and fruit sorbets. Also try avoiding caffeine.
3. Drink plenty of water
Apart from preventing dehydration, drinking water also helps in weight maintenance. Filling your stomach with water reduces hunger and thus leads to lesser snacking. Water is also known to increase metabolism.
Regulating your food intake is only one half of weight maintenance. The second half is regular exercise. Consult your doctor to create a workout regime suited to you. If you were a regular gym enthusiast before pregnancy, there should be no reason to stop now but if you lead a sedentary life before pregnancy don't try and start an intensive gym routine. Light yoga, walking, swimming and cycling are great exercise options for pregnant women.
5. Take your prenatal vitamins regularly
Prenatal vitamins are an essential source of the extra nutrition your body needs during pregnancy. While this can in no way replace meals, it should never be missed out. Prenatal vitamins also help maintain weight by giving your body the nutrition it needs without the accompanied calorie and thus can also help maintain pregnancy weight.
The key to maintaining weight during pregnancy is to know your body's requirements and address them properly. For this reason, it is very important to consult your doctor or a dietician to help understand your calorie needs.
We are planning to make a baby. My period is 29th of this month. If I want to do pregnancy test wen should I check up.
My aunt cannot become pregnant she has gone through operation. So can I have sex with her without condom or should I use condom. And can we sex daily.
Hello softy 100 100mg capsules pragnency me khane chaiye aur iska fyada ya nuksan kya hai please tell me.
Treatment for painful intercourse:
Dyspareunia is painful sexual intercourse due to medical or psychological causes. The pain can primarily be on the external surface of the genitalia, or deeper in the pelvis upon deep pressure against the cervix. It can affect a small portion of the vulva or vagina or be felt all over the surface. Understanding the duration, location, and nature of the pain is important in identifying the causes of the pain.
Numerous physical, psychological, and social or relationship causes can contribute to pain during sexual encounters.
Underlying causes determine treatment. Many women experience relief when physical causes are identified and treated.
The treatment for pain with intercourse depends on what is causing the pain. After proper diagnosis one or more treatments for specific causes may be necessary.
For pain due to yeast or fungal infections, a clinician may prescribe mycogen cream (nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide), which treats both a yeast infection and associated painful inflammation and itching because it contains both an antifungal and a steroid.
For pain thought due to post-menopausal vaginal dryness, estrogen treatment can be used.
For women with diagnostic criteria for endometriosis, medications or surgery are possible options.
In addition, the following may reduce discomfort with intercourse:
Both of you shave the pubic region regularly.
Use vaginal vibrator.
Also, add pleasant, sexually exciting experiences to your regular interactions, such as bathing together (in which the primary goal is not cleanliness), or mutual caressing without intercourse. In couples where a woman is preparing to receive vaginal intercourse, such activities tend to increase both natural lubrication and vaginal dilation, both of which decrease friction and pain. Prior to intercourse, oral sex may relax and lubricate the vagina.
Apply water-soluble sexual or surgical lubricant during intercourse. Discourage petroleum jelly. Lubricant should be liberally applied (two tablespoons full) to both the penis and the orifice. A folded bath towel under the receiving partner's hips helps prevent spillage on bedclothes.
Ask your partner to control the insertion by her hand.
For those who have pain on deep penetration because of pelvic injury or disease, recommend a change in coital position to one with less penetration. In women receiving vaginal penetration: maximum vaginal penetration is achieved when the receiving woman lies on her back with her pelvis rolled up off the bed, compressing her thighs tightly against her chest with her calves over the penetrating partner's shoulders. Minimal penetration occurs when a receiving woman lies on her back with her legs extended flat on the bed and close together while her partner's legs straddle hers.