Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Archana PungliyaYour feedback matters!
I and my boyfriend had sex only one time .and 3 months no period. And yesterday I used home pregnancy test but it shows one line dark and one line light. What it means? please help me.
Pregnancy is a welcome change in a woman's life. She is full of hope and happiness while awaiting the birth of her bundle of joy. However, it is almost inevitable to bring up the topic of conception and leave out a host of bodily alterations or disadvantages it entails. You might eagerly wait for months in a row to conceive and once you do the signs of health issues show. Most noticeable of all other problems are the ones affecting your skin. Skin problems can be immensely predominant and widespread in a pregnant mother; so much so that her psychological disposition might vary considerably.
Commonly observed symptoms of the skin that may affect you during pregnancy:
- Your eyes may look puffy and withdrawn: While the news of a baby lighting up your life in a few months' time makes you very happy, it also subjects your body to exhaustion. It is natural for expecting mothers to feel tired and wasted. Acute iron deficiency and poor blood circulation could result in fatigue that further surfaces as dark circles and puffy bags under your eyes.
- Your face could develop acne suddenly: Acne is caused mainly because of excess sebum secretions from the oil glands present in your body. Excess oil tends to choke the open pores of your skin preventing it from breathing. Increased levels of progesterone are maintained by the human body for a strong uterine lining that is again required for the healthy development of a child; progesterone kicks off oil secretions.
- Spider like marks could spot your skin: Hormonal imbalances, sudden increase in weight, and heightened pressure in the veins may cause the blood vessels in your face to redden and grow big; the veins then look like the web of a spider. This condition is often referred to as Spider Angiomas.
- Big dark patches can also be seen: During pregnancy, your body has an excess of both oestrogen and progesterone. These hormones incite the impact of melanocytes, thus resulting in big dark patches on your skin. The condition is more prevalently known as Melasma.
Sir .I took abortion pills mifrestrone at 3 pm then I took 4 misoprostol vaginally at 5 pm after 26 hrs of 1st pill .It's start bleeding after 3 hrs but not heavy as expected. Bleeding still continue. Now it's become 29 hrs of taking of misoprostol still bleeding. During these hrs no heavy bleeding occur as expected. I am 6 week pregnant. Counting from last period. How can I be sure that abortion complete. What should I do?
Should I and my partner go to blood test before having sex? Because this will make us aware about transmitted diseases. Ex:- HIV. Is this right? And any other alternate option that will give 100% security for having Sex with partner.
Many women experience pain in their genitals intermittently or a few times during their lives which may be caused by varying factors. However, when pain in the vulva and the surrounding area occurs in regular cycles or constantly without any underlying reasons, it is known as Vulvodynia. This is characterized by pain in the vulva, the surrounding areas, the entrance to the vagina and the urethra. Let's look at some of the treatment options for Vulvodynia:
1. Topical or local anesthetics: As Vulvodynia is a condition due to the abnormal sensitivity of the area surrounding the vulva, using anesthetics will help to ease the pain. Treatments like ointment and sprays will numb the area and ease the symptoms. This can even be applied before sexual intercourse if it is a trigger for pain.
2. Injections that act as nerve blocks: Some women may experience sensitivity as they may have neural problems and due to this sensitivity in the nerves in the genital area, may suffer from Vulvodynia. This is usually treated with nerve blocks or medications that reduce the sensitivity of the nerves. This should be only after consultation with the doctor.
3. Biofeedback therapy: There are certain forms of physical therapy which can be employed to reduce pain from Vulvodynia. Biofeedback therapy primarily deals with this problem by teaching patients to relax muscles.
4. Physical therapy of the pelvic floor muscles: This is also a common therapy where the patients are taught to relax and control the pelvic muscles. These are the muscles which support the bowel, the bladder and the uterus and specific exercises will help relax them, reducing the symptoms as well as decreasing the incidences of intermittent Vulvodynia.
5. Medications: This is the most common treatment for Vulvodynia. Various medications can be prescribed to patients depending on the type of pain they experience, such as Antihistamines for itching, tricyclic antidepressants for chronic pain among others. Steroids and anticonvulsants are also used to reduce pain.
6. Surgery of the affected area: If your pain is chronic and can't be treated by any other method, then doctors might suggest surgery to remove the bits of tissue from the affected area to reduce sensitivity and pain. However this is done only in the rarest of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
The time we hve sex while intercoursing her vagina pain so I am not able to intercourse.Please tell.
Hi my periods are delayed by 10 days. I am taking meprate from last 3 days. Pls suggest some medicine for immediate periods.
Hi I am 28 years old. I am 14 weeks pregnant now. I have been diagnosed with Gestational diabetes and I am on medication with glycomet. I hav been closely monitoring my blood glucose level and it is always been under the normal range during fasting between 87-102 mg/dl. However, the post breakfast range (after 2 hours) keeps fluctuating between 141-157 mg/dl. My last post breakfast range was 145 mg/dl. My Doc has asked me to take insulin shots. My first question, is it necessary to take insulin for these ranges. I have been doing walkings and adapted to lifestyle changes and following my diet strictly. Is it safe to consume insulin? Would it affect my baby?
I am 33 years old, I am 5th month pregnant my egg is delicate/soft as per doctor feedback, what is the precaution I need to go further till my delivery.
What could be the reasons for a 16 year old to have extremely dark red (blackish) bleeding during periods? There are symptoms of irregularity too & the patient doesn't drink water at all. The patient has complex sexual abuse history.
My period have become irregular after I am trying to conceive. Before trying to hve baby I had perfect 28 day cycle. Why is it so. I also feel tired, light headed, sleepy all the time.
I want to ask question from you if I will pregnant so which type precautions I took and How much drink mothersmilk.
Can ovral g tablets and dienogest tablets be taken together. One doctor prescribed me ovral g for spotting and I went to other doctor who gave dienogest. As these both tablets are hormonal, my doubt is can't these be taken together?
I missed my periods and i'm not able to even see symptoms of getting periods. I'm getting doubt that whether I got pregnancy.
Lower back pain is characterized by a constant feeling of pain in the lower back region. There are various Ayurvedic remedies that are used in treating lower back pain. Ayurveda is based on the belief that the body is composed of five elements; air, water, ether, fire and earth. The Ayurvedic remedies help in balancing the various constituents, thus reducing the pain.
The various Ayurvedic remedies for lower back pain are:
- Limit intake of spices: Various spices, especially the pungent ones, such as chilies tend to have a drying effect on the body. Excessive dryness in the body leads to an imbalance of the 'doshas', thus resulting in pain.
- Stay warm: It is recommended to stay warm in cold weather as the joints in the lower back region may be inflamed due to the cold.
- Focus on a proper Diet: Make sure the foods you consume are warm as cold foods can create imbalances in the body. Eating warm foods allows for proper excretion of bodily wastes. Also include natural foods such as vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Avoid junk food: It is advised to avoid junk food at all costs; eating processed foods leads to toxin accumulation in the body that result in various complications. Thus, try and eat whole foods such as rice, nuts and legumes.
- Oil massage: Oiling your body with sesame oil helps in preventing dryness of the body and also enhances blood circulation. It also improves the health of the skin; making it young, supple and fresh.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise on a regular basis to keep your muscles and joints healthy. Postures such as the plank and the bridge help in strengthening various muscles of the lower back. The 'Cat cow' is another position that helps in relaxing the nerves of the back.
- Pranayama: Alternate nostril breathing techniques help in reducing aches in the body. It also revitalizes and increases energy levels in the body. Try and get into the habit of breathing from deep within the stomach in order to avail of the benefits of pranayama.