Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ArchanaYour feedback matters!
Dear drs, my 5 years old female child is suffering with protein leakage in urine. Doctors found this when she was hospitalized for pneumonia treatment in oct 2014 (urine protein test result 4+) and there was no symptoms of proteinuria. Then she had treated it with prednisolon 15mg in the morning for 2 months and treatment was completed by the end of feb 2015. Result was negative in a month while she was taking the medicine. Now we have tested the urine protein early this month and it shows 2+. When we checked with nephrologist, he told us not to worry that 1+ 2+ is ok? could you please advise? thanks in advance.
My brother son age 6 yr suddenly get from bed feared cried randomly says save me, protect me, I didn't understood shivered jump twisted his hands with one another, at that time he looks very feared it happens weekly 3 or 4 times.what can be done for this?
My child weight only 13 kg .he is picky eater. He does not like chapati ,vegetables .he likes only chocolate, milk,pizza and some nonvage food. He is very emotional and crying very easily. I giving him pediasure regularly from last 1 year but still no change in his weight. Please suggest me something .
My son is not eating properly almost every time but he is too much fond of junk food. Give some advice.
Hi All, need suggestion Can we give others mother breastfeeding to our kids as they are 3 months old and very weak as of now So far we are giving nanpro1.
My baby 11 months old & still weight is 6 kgs only can any one please suggest for weight gain Present baby eating below foods: rice with Dal & rice with tamarind Bread in morning & mother milk feeding only Out side milk was not drink.
By birth, my son is suffering from tuberous sclerosis and due that he has so many issues like development delay, not able to speak, not social and almost all sign of autism. Please advice what treatment is available to recover from these issues. He is now of 4 year and we are sending him to play school so that he can mix with other kids. We also gave behavioral therapy for 4 months. Please advice.
Is PCV vaccine really required. It's not in government immunisation vaccines. My daughter is 4 month old. She got PCV first dose in 6 weeks.
My daughter is 1 year old suffering from slight cold (jukam) for one week. Is it a serious any symptoms of any disease or a normal Jukam. Please advise me for any home remedy.
My son is 8year old and suffering emurisis and adhd. And we don't want to follow the antideprassant medicine please guide and prescibe the solutions.
What is the life span for a baby of 1 year suffering from leukodystrophy, along with other 18q syndrome anomalies?
Hi, my son he is 1 year old, and he is suffering from fever since yesterday, he have high great temp, please advice me what to do.
Hello doctor, My 10 months old infant is passing very hard stool that too not passing completely. I am giving more water but still the same thing is happening please suggest what to do.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.