Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Archana LatkarYour feedback matters!
My grand son entered into 5th month, we wish to feed him with nestum or cerelac or parex diet supplement apart from mother milk, amulspray botle feeding as the milk feeding is not sufficient. If permitted, how to prepare the food supplement and how many times may we feed him with qty.
Breast milk is the best for babies and the benefits of breastfeeding are one too many. Breast milk not only supplies your baby with its requirement of vitamins and nutrients, but also gets the substances which fight diseases, making your baby healthy and strong.
Benefits of breastfeeding are:
1. Protects Your Body - Breastfeeding induces some changes in your body which you might not be very delighted to accept, but are for the sake of your baby. Did you know, these very changes benefit you as well. Studies have proved that women who breastfeed are protected against breast and ovarian cancer. The longer you feed, the more protected you are.
2. Reduces Stress - Adding to the benefits of breastfeeding you can derive, is the fact that it helps you reduce stress. It also lessens your risk of postpartum depression. Breastfeeding has been found to be relaxing since it releases the hormone called oxytocin. This release also helps the uterus contract.
3. Averts Risk For Baby - A breastfed baby has lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
4. Reduces Obesity Risk In Baby - Breastfed babies have lower chances of obesity. They are good at judging when their tummies are full and therefore stop drinking on time. This leads to healthy growth pattern. Compared to babies who are fed on formula, breastfed babies gain weight at slower speed, hence reducing chances of obesity later in life.
5. Increases Cognitive Skills - Multiple researches have shown that there is a direct relationship between cognitive development and breastfeeding.
6. Enhances Baby’s Immunity - Breastfeed babies are also said to be better protected from developing allergies as immune factors like secretory igA is present only in breast milk. It creates a protective layer on the babys intestinal tract. Babies who aren't breastfeed are known to fall sick pretty frequently as formula diet doesn't build their immunity as mother's milk does.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Namaste my daughter has cough since 5 days. I used cough syrup and cough tablets. Her age is 8 years? What is the reason for cough to my daughter? What is the proper remedy and it increases more in night.
Hi. My baby is 3 months old. Since birth m getting very little breastfeeding even after having a good diet. Now even started lactare tablet but no result. Feeding formula since birth. Baby sucks also but no improvement. I vry worried as his weight gain is not enough. Will I not get milk production now? Pls help.
Hello sir, Please tell me what are the symptoms of dengue in a small child his age is between 8 to 10 years?
Its an issue about my son he is 2 years old and has not spoken any word such as mumma or papa etc. He just speaks random things which makes no sense, he get things done by grabbing our finger n taking us to what ever he wants. I am getting concerned now, is this some thing to worry about and how long will it take my son to talk. Please provide guidance.
My baby is 1 year now. Baby boy. He is teething. Started eating basic food- khichdi, roti, dahi, paneer, dal, egg etc. At times will only take milk and biscuits or some fruits. Takes coconut water. 1) whats the ideal diet for a 1 years old , in terms of quantity and 2) what all should be included in the diet 3) calcium an iron should be continued for how long? 4) spices and salt can be introduced now? 5) can give honey?
My daughter is 10 months old she is not gaining weight. Wat can I do. I started solid foods. Wat was the quantity and which type of food I have to feed her to gain weight. She didn't get teeth till now.
Sir, my daughter is just 4.5yrs old. She often complaints for stomach ache for which I have got her duly examined. She occasionally gets urine infection reported. We have consulted the doctors regarding the repetition of the infection after every 6-7 months. The doctor prescribes the medicine and she gets well but the infection comes again, the repetition at such a tender age is a matter of great worry. Kindly help and suggest. I shall be highly obliged. Thanking you.
Sir my baby is 6 month old. He is suffering from cough & cold. Wt is dose of ascoril ls drop for baby.
Hai my baby 7 month old birth weight 3.250 now 6.600 how can gain to my baby weight. What will you give to food of weight gain. Please reply.
Hello doctor, my 22 months old daughter is not ready to eat food, like DAL-BHAT or ROTI SABJI, I am very much worried about it because of this problem, she only like to eat biscuits.
New study published in Journal of Biological Chemistry, NewYork, that "Lack of Vitamin-A found in many fruits, vegetables, meat & dairy products may be also the one factor in development of Diabetes(type-2)". Vitamin A helps to boosts the activity of Beta cells(Insulin producing cells).