Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Archana KhargeYour feedback matters!
I am a female of 16 yrs. How to understand that whether I need an Ultrasonography? What are the symptoms of polycystic ovarian syndrome? Pls tell me dr.
Sleep is an activity where you do nothing, but rest. You relax your body and mind, you rest your bones and muscles and you rest your eyes after a long day of physical exertion. It is extremely necessary for you to get ample amount of sleep to stay healthy.
Otherwise there are various problems which you might have to face if you are lacking sleep:
- Elevates the risk of stroke: According to study, people who get less sleep are more prone to having strokes than those who get enough sleep. If you sleep for less than 6 hours every day, you multiply the risk of have a stroke four times than ordinary.
- Obesity: Lack of sleep can cause obesity. It usually forces you to take erratic food decisions, leading you to eat a lot of junk food. Less sleep administers certain hormonal changes which make you feel hungrier and believe that you haven’t eaten enough food. The production of the hormone ghrelin, which controls your hunger, increases due to less sleep. Hence, it may lead to obesity if you keep eating without keeping a check on what you eat.
- Increases the risk of diabetes: Sleep and the production of insulin are inversely related to each other. Among teenagers, the less you sleep; the more insulin resistant your body becomes. This means the body is not able to use the insulin effectively.
- Results in poor memory: Less sleep causes tiredness. When you are extremely tired, you are not able to focus on anything going on around you, you cannot concentrate on your work, and you get forgetful. In fact, consistent lack of sleep can even cause permanent loss of memory. This is because you are not being able to fully utilize the memory boosting ability of sleep. This eventually causes brain deterioration which results in permanent memory loss.
- Affects your heart: Lack of sleep can have an extremely negative impact on your heart. Less sleep also causes stress and strain to your body and mind. It results in an increased production of certain chemicals and hormones in the body which is harmful for your heart. According to a study in 2011, people who sleep less than 6 hours every day increase the risk of having heart problems by almost 48%.
It is not very healthy to sleep less as it can complicate your daily life activities. Sleep enough and stay healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Dear sir, From one month I had head tingling and numbness in hand and legs, I contact doctor he told me it was anxiety and given some tablets, but it won't help me. May I know how long it will take to cure, it was big problem, please suggest me.
Sir I have facing some skin diseases like pimple so please give me suggestion to solve this problem.
Hello doctor. Myself kirat. I want to ask that how can I increase my height faster. My height is 5.6 feet. And I am 17 years old. And I observed that my friends of my age are at least of minimum 5.8 feet tall. So I would be thankful, if you tell me that how should I increase my height without going to gym or swimming. I want to increase my height through home remedies or some exercises which can be done at home itself. So doctor I request you to give solution of my problem.
Hello sir, I am 40 years old male, I had backache from last 20 -25 days, I take chlorzoxazone, now the backache is ok, & now the pain moves to my right hip (buttock area) & when I walk I feel sensation in my right heel. Please tell what are the reasons of this & what should I do? with regards.
I am 21 years my weight is 49 and height is 177 cm I have to increase my weight what can I do doctors help me.
Melas Alfa cream is good or not kindly suggest me I want to get fair and remove dark spots from my face I am a men and age is 27.
I have discoloration of teeth and teeth looking very ugly but I am doing continue brush and using suitable toothpaste for my teeth. What is the reason behind it?
My father get suffered from malaria and typhoid together after every couple of months from long time .He, takes proper precautions instead of the he gt the problem again and again. After, consulting the Dr. He gt well and again the problem repeat after couple of months.
Causes of Nocturia:
2.Drinking too much fluid during the evening
3.Infection of the bladder or urinary tract
4.Enlarged prostate gland (BPH)
5. Diabetes mellitus
Treatment of Nocturia:
Treatment for nocturia is directed at the underlying cause. For example, improvement in blood sugars can help in uncontrolled diabetes. If an obstructing prostate gland is the cause, a medication or surgery to reduce the size of the prostate will help. The use of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) in someone with sleep apnea can reduce associated nocturia. In a rare condition known as diabetes insipidus, use of a synthetic version of antidiuretic hormone (desmopressin) will help. If taking diuretic medication is responsible, the medication administration may need to be moved to earlier in the day to avoid having to void during the night.
When the underlying cause is not serious enough to warrant specific treatment, several lifestyle measures may help:
Limit fluid intake 3 hours prior to bedtime
Restrict consumption of coffee, caffeinated beverages, and alcohol in the evening.
Elevate legs in the evening to help prevent the development of lower extremity edema.
Wear compression stockings if venous disease is causing fluid accumulation.
Pre-emptive voiding prior to going to bed may delay the need to urinate during the night.