Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ArchanaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I'm 24 years old under fertility treatment. My last period was 11th October. And my gynecologist prescribed me hcg injection on 25th October. She told if you are not pregnant your period will come on due date.(11th November) Otherwise you may be pregnant. Today date Nov 14 when will consult my doctor? And shall I take home pregnancy test now?
Lifestyle for flu are as follows:
1 drink a lot of water.
2 rest to restore energy and avoid complications like pneumonia.
3 eat diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables.
4 exercise regularly, which may diminish your chance of getting the flu.
5 minimize stress and reaction to stress. Consider yoga, tai-chi, or other forms of relaxation on an ongoing basis. Stress can put you at increased risk of viruses like flu.
What is the correct time period to have sex without taking any precaution to avoid pregnancy? I have been told that five days from the period is the best time for it. Is it true?
Hi I am getting treatment for tuberculosis for last 3 years n still have to complete 3 years more having medicine My question is can I have sex with my wife will it be safe n what will be the chances 4 pregnancy as she is keen to be a mother.
My girlfriend has inserted half of the pen in her vagina yesterday and he told me that no blood come from her vagina, so does she has lost her virginity or she is still a virgin.
Hii, I am 23. White pani daily aata h or smell b aati h and day by day me bht fatty ho rhi hu, mera weight around 70 kg h please tell me some remedies. Thank you.
Good morning sir. Somebody is saying that using contraceptive pills within 72 hrs after sexual attachment, we can prevent pregnancy, how is it possible and which age group can use this, can 16+use this or anyone can use this? Kindly suggest me the answer sir.
Elbow pain may be caused due to a variety of reasons from injuries to fractures and ligament pulls or tears. This is most commonly experienced by people who are into sports, including those who play tennis, golf and other such sports that require intense arm movements.
So, let us look at the six most common reasons behind elbow pain:
- Medial Epicondylitis: This condition creates pain in the inner tendon within the elbow and is usually termed as 'golfer's elbow'. It basically occurs due to the constant swinging and throwing motion that a sports person may indulge in. When these movements are repeated on a constant basis, there is wear and tear as well as acute pain in the area. Also, an injury to the wrist can cause this pain in the elbow.
- Lateral Epicondylitis: This condition is commonly known as 'tennis elbow'. The affected area under this condition includes the outside tendons of the elbow. This is caused due to swinging, hitting, hammering and punching motions that are repeated too often. It is commonly experienced by cooks, artists, carpenters, automobile workers, and plumbers and people who use heavy tools.
- Olecranon Bursitis: This condition is also known as 'student's elbow' and usually occurs due to constant writing and gripping motion which affects the bursae. These are small fluid filled sacs that lubricate the joints even as the protection happens. The symptoms include swelling and pain. There is also risk of infection and redness in this condition.
- Osteoarthritis: The cartilage of the joints gets affected in this condition which is the connective tissue that exists in the joints. This condition causes wear and tear of the joints and bones which leads to pain in the various areas including the elbow. Medication and physiotherapy are good measures for treatment.
- Fracture: Sometimes, dislocation or fracture may lead to pain in the outstretched arm or elbow. Dislocation may take place when a bone moves from its aligned spot. The symptoms will include obvious swelling and acute pain in the elbow.
- Ligament Damage: Strains and sprains in the ligaments within the elbow joint can lead to this damaging condition. Torn or stretched ligaments are the most common outcomes in this kind of injury and damage.
To find out which reason may be the culprit behind your elbow pain, you will need to see a general physician or an orthopaedic specialist who will run you through a series of tests and examinations including X rays, MRI scans and others in order to ascertain the cause and treatment. A sports injury specialist can also help in diagnosis and treatment.
On the other hand, only miniscule amounts of steroid medication enter the bloodstream after inhaling it. The reasons for this difference include the following. First, steroids used for inhalational treatment of asthma are designed not cross well from the surface of the bronchial tubes into the bloodstream. Somewhat like applying a steroid cream to the skin, they are poorly absorbed from the surface into the blood. Second, only very small amounts of steroid medication are delivered from the inhalers with each dose or "puff" Less medicine is needed when it can be directly applied to the affected area. We measure the amounts of steroids inhaled in micrograms, which are units one thousand times smaller than the milligrams by which we measure prednisone or Medrol® tablets.
When breathed in, some steroid medicine remains in the mouth and can be swallowed into the stomach and from there absorbed into the bloodstream. You can minimize any effect from steroids left behind in your mouth in two ways. First, use a spacer tube with your steroid spray. (A spacer can not be used with budesonide [Pulmicort®] dry powder inhaler.) Medicine that would otherwise land on your tongue and mouth stays in the spacer chamber. The part of the spray that passes through the spacer also tends to pass through your mouth and proceed down onto the bronchial tubes. Second, rinse your mouth with water after inhaling the steroid spray. Rinsing removes any medicine residue from your mouth. The portion of the medicine that helps your asthma remains undisturbed on your bronchial tubes.
So much for the theory; what about the actual experience with steroids in inhaled form? The current generation of steroid inhalers first began to be used in the mid 1960s. For more than three decades they have been prescribed for millions of people with asthma and other lung diseases worldwide. No serious long-term adverse effects have emerged. For adults, given in the usual doses, they do not cause degeneration (atrophy) of the normal tissues of the respiratory passageway. They do not predispose to lung infections. They do not cause cancer, diabetes, or high blood pressure.
We need to look more carefully at the two phrases used above: "for adults" and "in the usual doses" Children's bones may be sensitive to the very small amounts of steroids that can enter the bloodstream after inhalation. There is currently debate ? and considerable on-going research ? to determine whether in children inhaled steroids might slow bone growth and reduce a child's ultimate height.
Also, when given in very large doses (many puffs from a high-concentration steroid inhaler), the amount of steroid medicine that spills over into the bloodstream can become significant. Although the effect is small, like a very small dose of prednisone, over the years this small effect can potentially add up to serious harmful effects. High doses of inhaled steroids taken for a long time can probably predispose to cataracts, glaucoma, and thinning of the skin and bones. As a result, your doctor will probably only have you take high doses of inhaled steroids as a means to avoid steroid tablets. And he/she will constantly work with you to attempt to reduce the dose of inhaled steroids to a more conventional and safer range.
Remember that not taking inhaled steroids for fear of side effects may have real consequences that are far worse than potential effects in the future; namely, asthma symptoms and risk of asthma attacks now. Severe asthma attacks are usually treated with steroid tablets, which all agree have the worst side effects.