Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Apte Subhash M.
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Apte Subhash M.Your feedback matters!
I am 38 yrs old recently diagnosed with thyroid problem with tsh as 7.40and ft4 0.73 and arthritis problem with aso titre 180 and ra 19.50. Kindly advise.
The lower back or the lumbar area is the region that lies right below the rib cage. Pain in the lower back is usually a result of persistent muscle spasms that make it a chronic pain. While many people suffer from this kind of pain at some point at the other, there are few who actually take up exercise as a long-term solution to deal with the pain. A proper exercise schedule and regular yoga can actually strengthen your lower back and help it support the spinal cord in a better manner. Also, most orthopedic specialists recommend constant movement to alleviate the painful symptoms of lower back pain. Do go through this list of exercises to find one that suits you.
- Partial Crunches: This one requires you to lie down, prop your knees up with your feet firmly on the ground and your hands behind your head. Now bring your body partially up and stop shy of doing a full on sit up. This will help in relaxing the muscles in the lower back, to a great extent.
- Hamstring Stretches: Get on your back and prop up one knee. Take a towel and loop it under the ball of your other foot. Now lift and hold as you press your foot into the towel, to gradually relieve some of that stress as it plays on your lower back.
- Ankle and heels: The classic ankle pump involves lying flat on your back and stretching your feet before you begin to move your ankles in an up and down motion. Repeat it ten times for each set. You can combine this exercise with the heel slide where you have bend and straighten your knee ten times each, in the same position as you lie flat on your back.
- Wall Squats: While actual squats can be painful if you are suffering from lower back pain, you can take the support of a nearby wall for squats that will work the muscles in a more soothing manner and give you a good workout at the same time.
Touching your toes, running on the treadmill, sit-ups and other forms of intense exercise that make the back work too hard should be avoided if you are suffering from lower back pain. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am suffering from frozen shoulder my right arm and find very difficult to wear shirts etc. What is the solution.
I am getting frequently back ache problem. I am software engineer.Please suggest me something for that.
I was on 50 mcg Thyronorm for 3 months and my current TSH is 6.94. It was 0.01 three months ago when I was on a 75 mcg course. Now what dosage should I switch to at 6.94? Back to 75 mcg? Or some other dosage pattern?
My wife is suffering from low BP from last four days and also neck pain back side, feeling weakness. Can you suggest some remedy.
Our skeletal structure is truly a work of art however, when we are faced with bone related disorders, our lives is no less than a roller coaster ride. Arthritis is one such ailment which can really alter the quality of life of a person who suffers from it. Taking into account the impact, would it not be good to know the symptoms of early arthritis, so it can be detected before it gets too bad?
There are a few symptoms of the condition, but it is to be noted that the intensity of the symptoms even in the earlier stages of the issue do vary widely. As a matter of fact, the problem can be developing for months on end without a person even knowing that he or she has arthritis while on the other hand, there are quite a few cases in which a person is provided with an almost instant ‘notification’ that arthritis has started having its degenerative impact on his or her joints.
What signs to watch out for?
There are three areas that need attention if trying to detect arthritis:
- Knees: When a person is in the process of developing arthritis, the signs he or she should be aware of include his or her knees being shaped like an outward curve; if he or she is developing the condition in the knee. Apart from this, a limp can also be seen for a lot of people who develop arthritis which affects the joints which bear the weight of the body. The best example of this is a case of arthritis affecting the ankle or the knee.
- Neck: If a person has a near constant pain in the lower back or also of the neck, he or she should be aware of the fact that there could be arthritis developing and it is important for a doctor to be consulted about the same.
- Fingers: In some cases, the signs of arthritis may not even be the cause of pain to a person. This is true when a person begins to develop something such as Bouchard’s node; which affects the fingers when arthritis begins to set in on the digits. These nodes are not painful, in most cases, but, it is to be kept in mind, that they have the ability to limit the motion of the fingers which are affected.
Arthritis is something that can and should be limited to as far an extent as possible, rather than being allowed to worsen a person’s condition and not allow him or her to have the freedom he or she is used to having in life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!