Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Aprajita LuthraYour feedback matters!
I use to work in laptops and in cell phones in hole nights tears comes out from my eye so could you tell me why is this happening sometimes my eyes starts paining is there any medicine or solution for that?
Dear Doctor, I have the symptom of cataract. When I have to operate. What is the time of surgery. How to know the time Balachandran.
Mujhe bachpan se hi ankhon me pani ata h kai doctors ko dikhaya jbtk dabai dalti hun thik rhta h or dabai band krte hi pani bhna shuru ho jata h or nonstop bhta h kya mai rose water daal sakti hun daily?
My mother having age of 49 years. We had MIR test and consult with doctor that my mother felt some problem on one side of face like one side of eyes being most of time and size of that eye is going small as compare to other eye, she felt the weight in other side of face. Doctor said in her brain, blood vein touching his mind vein no. 8. They gave us course of medicine for 3 month and said if not going perfect they have to took medicine for entire life.
My eyes are weak so what kind of medicine should I take? And tell me some fruits and vegetables too. Thank you.
I am 20 year old male. For the past two days. I've noticed that my skin and eyes feel hot. No fever or any other symptoms. Just burning of eyes and skin and also difficulty to sleep at night. I have not been doing any other activities. What could be the reason n solution?
I have this moles over my face and in many other body parts. What is the best way to remove it apart from surgery. I don't want scars. Also it is close to my eyes so tell me something that won't effect my eye.
you have been feeling sleeplessness for last two days and also experiencing pain near the eyes. Please suggest remedy.
I am 24 and am facing this problem since 7-8 years. It has completely ruined my life. Few days back I found this link and got some relief as I come to know that there are many people like me. Please go through this link https://www. Mentalhelp. Net/advice/unable-to-keep-eye-contact/, so that you can understand my problem and can help me out in overcoming it. I need a good Dr. with experience in such issues in Bangalore.
I am 30 year old. I have I growing toe nail and unilateral edema of my left leg. I have gone through the surgery of toenail 4 times but every time it grows back. Other issue is I have pterigyium in my right eye. Right now it's not bothering my vision. Suggest best options.
Myth: Staring at a computer screen all day is bad for the eyes.
Fact: Using a computer does not damage your eyes. However, staring at a computer screen all day can contribute to eyestrain or tired eyes. People who stare at a computer screen for long periods tend not to blink as often as usual, which can cause the eyes to feel dry and uncomfortable. To help prevent eyestrain, adjust the lighting so it doesn't create a glare or harsh reflection on the screen, rest your eyes briefly every 20 minutes, and make a conscious effort to blink regularly so that your eyes stay well lubricated.
I wear spectacles for around 5 years, but now I hate to wear it and I also do not want lenses. I just want my eyes to be healthy and spectacle free. please help me.
I have headache due to stress. It's paining heavily above eye brow. This is continuing problem I faced.
Eye twitching, tics in the eyelids and spasms in the eye are pretty common. In case of eye twitching, usually the lower eyelid becomes involved. The upper eyelid may also twitch in certain cases. Twitches are not permanent in nature, and they leave after some time. In some cases, eye twitching may last for long durations of time such as weeks or months.
Eye twitching is not a critical medical condition. It is a temporary prickling and irritation in the eyes, which ceases after some time. Common twitching of the eyes is not related to any neurological disorder.
Here are some reasons which cause eye twitches:
- Stress: Every individual goes through some amount of stress, and the body reacts differently in different people as a result of stress. An eye twitch may be caused due to stress, especially related to strain in the eyes. In order to reduce stress you should practice yoga, meditation, perform breathing exercises and take a break. Reducing the stress would also cease the twitching in the eyes.
- Tiredness: Eye twitching can appear when you are fatigued or very tired. Lack of proper sleep makes your body tired, and this might trigger eye twitching.
- You should improve upon your sleeping hours and sleep more.
- Eye strain: Vision problems and any issue related to the eyes can cause stress, which may result in constant twitching in your eyes. Whenever too much stress is imposed upon your eyes, they tend to react and twitching occurs. Any problem would make the eyes put in more effort, which results in strain. You should have an eye check up if you experience an eye strain accompanied by twitching sensation in your eyes. People who use computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones for a profuse period of time experience pain and twitching in the eyes. There is a 20-20-20 rule to be followed while using such devices, which reduces eye strain and reduces itching or twitching. You can also avail special eyeglasses for people who spend a lot of time on computers.
- Caffeine: Intake of an excess amount of caffeine leads to eye twitching. Cut down your doses of coffee, tea, dark chocolates and soft drinks in case of eye twitching and you may observe an easing in the twitching.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also leads to eye twitching so you must abstain from alcohol in case you are having twitching in the eyes.
- Dry eyes: This disorder develops in people who have crossed the age of 50. People who use computers a lot also develop dry eyes, which leads to eye twitching.
Our eyes twitch because of a lot of reasons. You should know the facts right and avoid situations that lead to eye twitching.