Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aparna Sardeshpande
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna SardeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Will it have any side effects to take meftal spas, spasmed and spasmonil pain killers during menses time after marriage.
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories:
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- Peritonitis and
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types.
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. She may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.
In large number of cases of tubal scarring tubes would be open on tubal testing. However, it may not be working well or is functional. A lot of women with so called unexplained infertility may actually have tubal scarring or non functional tubes as the cause of Infertility. IVF is the best treatment option in such cases as it would bypass the work of the tubes completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Why we choose Homeopathy Living with 21st century problems requires 21st century solutions – Homeopathy is the natural choice for it.It offers a real opportunity to turn your health around the natural way by using safe yet powerful medicines to put you back in charge of your health.
Homeopathy acknowledges that an illness does not necessarily have one single cause that acts similarly in all of us, that everything about our health is interconnected and that we can help our body heal itself.
• Addresses the root cause(s) of your problem
• Treats you holistically: physically, mentally and emotionally
• Can be used short-term for specific ailments or long-term to maintain well-being
• Complements and can safely be used alongside conventional medicine/therapies
• Empowers you to understand certain ailments and the remedies required
Homeopathic remedies are:
• Deep-acting and long-lasting
• Gentle and non-addictive
• Safe, even for pregnant women, newborns, and the elderly
• Without the side-effects of conventional medicine
• Palatable – even to children
Conditions patients sought Homeopathy for include:
Eczema, depression, anxiety, cough, menopausal symptoms, chronic fatigue syndrome, catarrh, osteoarthritis, irritable bowel syndrome, hay fever, upper respiratory tract infection, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, multiples sclerosis, allergy, fibromyalgia, headaches & migraine, Crohn’s disease, premenstrual syndrome, chronic rhinitis as well as number of dental conditions, such as tooth extraction, periodontal abscess, post-surgery, gingivitis..