Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aparna Santhanam
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna SanthanamYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old male and I got lot of sweat from my head. Due to that I am loosing my hair from the head only. Otherwise I m totally fit & fine.
I have milia (white pimples on face) especially on chicks I wna rid from thm. Plzzz help me. I am 19 years old.
I have started getting dark circles around my eyes .I am taking medication for depression. Please recommend a suitable remedy and what is the reason behind the appearance of the dark circles
Hi, I am 27 years old. But my moustache has not grown like an adult man. So I request you kindly please suggest me some medicine or lotion or any home remedy. Please.
There are multiple issues that have to be addressed by the bride and groom while planning their wedding. Wedding days are very special and every bride wants to stand out and look great. It is important for the to-be bride to follow certain procedures and avoid any dermatological problems such as scars, wrinkles, acne and spots. Dealing with skin conditions such as acne is very painful and frustrating. Hence, to attain a glowing skin on your wedding day, various medical spas offer photo facials these days. The photo facial method is very reliable and safe and noticeable results can be gained in no time.
Use of Simple and Effective Methods
These days rigorous skin care routines are not made use of to attain a flawless skin. There are a variety of other procedures that to-be brides can make use of and glow on their special day. It is best to visit a dermatologist to treat skin problems and follow procedures recommended by them that do not cause any damage to your skin. A wide range of the finest treatments, healing sessions and therapies are suggested by them to solve dermatological problems that bring about a new perspective for the to-be bride. Aesthetic procedures are suggested by dermatology surgeons these days as these do not cause any side-effects. Some of the procedures include phototherapy, laser rejuvenation, fillers, micro-skin polishing and NIR.
Procedures to Treat Dermatological Problems
- Phototherapy: In phototherapy, a series of intense pulsed light is used. The treatment is very beneficial in improving the appearance of your skin. It is through this treatment that the age-spots, photo-ageing, sun-damaged skin and skin texture are improved.
- Laser Rejuvenation: Fractional laser is a safe and excellent procedure that brides can opt for to eliminate age spots, acne scars and eliminate surface wrinkles. The time required for the recovery is minimal and the procedure can be opted for by individuals with all skin types.
- Fillers: The bride and groom both desire a healthy, glowing skin and are very when it comes to using beauty treatments available these days. There are injectable fillers available that work effectively in treating scars and acne. The size and contour of the lips can be enhanced with this treatment. The injectable fillers that are made use of include Juviderm XC and Restylane.
- Micro skin Polishing: It is a simple and effective procedure which is beneficial in eliminating dull, dry and flaky skin. Through this procedure, smooth and flawless skin can be attained. The technique used is like an exfoliating scrub that combines aluminum oxide crystals with soothing botanicals and diatomaceous earth. The surface cells are exfoliated and the biological renewal process of the skin is accelerated which helps in treating skin problems. There are injections used even for fairness and these provide the skin with a healthy sheen.
Apart from the above-mentioned procedures, brides can also go for.
Laser hair reduction: It is for brides who suffer from excessive hair growth
Chemical peels: Special peels are available that brides can go for rather than facials as at times facials do not suit everyone
Microdermabrasion: Especially, recommended for brides who are extremely sensitive to chemical agents present in facials and peels
Things one can do at home to make sure to maintain skin health
- Exfoliate the skin: Getting rid of the dead skin cells is a vital aspect of a healthy skin care routine. The skin benefits of exfoliation are immense. In addition to removing the dead skin cells, it also plays a significant role in enhancing the blood circulation, thereby ensuring a glowing and healthy looking skin. Other skin problems such as blemishes, skin pigmentation, sun tans, are also taken care off by exfoliating the skin twice a week. There are many good quality exfoliators available in the market (get the one that suits your skin type). One can also go for natural exfoliators such as honey, yogurt, papaya, or even lemon juice and sugar.
- Keep the skin hydrated: One of the factors responsible for skin problems is built-up of harmful toxins in the body. A well-hydrated body plays a significant role in eliminating the toxins from the body. If you wish to steal the show on your wedding, drink water and healthy fluids at regular time intervals. Coconut water, a rich source of Vitamin C can work wonders for the skin.
- Clean your face: With the wedding and the associated rituals, the to-be- bride often gets pressed for time. However, no matter how tired, never sleep with your makeup on. The chemicals used in the various make-ups can damage your skin (acne, skin rashes, breakouts, to name a few). As part of a healthy skin care, one should clean the face twice daily (morning and at night). Use a good quality face wash and cleanser that suits your skin. Also, Facials and skin clean-ups once a month are also advised. The application of various face packs (readymade or homemade) can be equally helpful.
- Use a Sunscreen: Whether at home or outside, sunny or cloudy, always make a habit to apply a sunscreen. A good sunscreen protects the skin from a plethora of problems including skin cancer (often triggered by the harmful UV rays), suntans, sunburns, premature skin aging, to name a few.
- Sleep well: With all the wedding preparations, sleep is the last thing on a bride's mind. This mistake can cost dearly. Daily 6-8 hours of sleep acts as a catalyst keeping the healthy and glowing.
- Eat healthily: Foods rich in antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial for the skin. Tomatoes, green tea, brown rice, berries, fruits and vegetables rich in Vitamin C, pumpkin, avocados, fish and seafood, kale, potatoes, nuts (almonds, walnuts, raisins, pistachios), beetroot, to name a few, can do your skin a world of good.
It is for the best that brides make use of these simple dermatological procedures that are safe and do not cause any side-effects. These dermatological procedures ensure that brides look their best on their special day. However, in case you suffer from a specific skin condition, you must consult a dermatologist or a beauty expert to deal with specific skin problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Actually I have a hair fall problem. everyday my hair is falling. I do not knw wt can I want to do pls give me some solutions for stop this falling.
I have black spots and pimples in my face since I'm using some creams to remove my black spots and still my black spots are not removing please give me a suggestion.
Most people, at some point of time, have been affected by allergic reactions. An allergic reaction is a hypersensitive reaction triggered by an Allergen (substance that has the potential to trigger an allergic reaction). Allergies can be Perennial or Seasonal. Perennial allergies are not season specific and can occur throughout the year.
Seasonal allergies, on the other hand, are season specific, for example, Hay fever (triggered by pollens) is a common allergic reaction during the spring season.
A number of substances can act as a potential allergen, triggering a hypersensitive reaction in a person. The allergens can be
- Environmental factors, such as pollen, dust mites, sunlight, fur of some animals, or mold
- Certain foodstuffs like milk and dairy products, peanuts, wheat, soy, tomatoes, eggplant, alcohol or shellfish.
- Synthetic and natural substances like pesticides, nickel, latex
- Certain medications like sulfa drugs, penicillin
- Animal stings; mostly wasps and bees, can also trigger an allergic reaction.
The allergic reactions affecting a person can vary depending on the source of the allergen. It can be a skin allergy, nasal and cough allergy, food allergy or a dust allergy. The best way to treat an allergic reaction is to identify the allergen involved. Homeopathic treatments are very effective against allergic reactions. Though time consuming; homeopathic treatment provides long lasting and permanent relief. In addition, the homeopathic medicines have no harmful side effects. No wonder, more and more people are going for homeopathic treatments.
The following homeopathic medicines, if taken regularly and diligently, can successfully treat a number of allergic reactions:
- Arsenic Album: Many people suffer from watery eyes, continuous sneezing, running nose accompanied by a burning sensation. These all are signs of a nasal allergy. Arsenic Album is an effective homeopathic option against nasal allergy.
- Sulphur: It provides great relief from skin allergies. Sulphur is a boon for people suffering from very dry and itchy skin.
- Natrum Mur: It is an effective homeopathic (natural) medicine against nasal and skin allergies.
- Pulsatilla, Natrum Carb and Aethusa Cynapium: These homeopathic medicines act as a blessing for people suffering from milk allergy.
- Urtica Urens: If you are allergic to shellfish, Urtica Urens is just for you.
- Bromium and Lycopersicum: they are very effective against dust allergies. Arsenic Album is also an excellent option.
There are people who are allergic to certain hair dyes. Arsenic Album and Sulphur effectively deals with such allergies. Natrum Mur and Sepia cannot be neglected either. Do not allow allergies to make your life miserable. Switch over to the homeopathic treatments and enjoy a stress free life, sans the allergies.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!