Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aparna Ramchandran
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna RamchandranYour feedback matters!
I have a slight problem in follicular study. Rupture is getting late. So periodical date is often late. If it's 4 to 5 days late I am getting some physical problem. Got the delivery in 2013. So what I should take in food or not?
Hello. Actually I want healthy diet plan because nowadays I feel that I easily get tired and just wants to sleep and rest. I am preparing for competitive exam also and this is actually wasting my time. Please help.
I'm behaving violent nowadays within 2-3 days I hurt my parents as actual reason is due to something caused by someone else when my mom ask me how come you have changed within 2 days I start laughing or ask stupid questions to her which lead to increased argument and sometimes I feel I'm inferior to everyone.
Mental Health is - mental/emotional wellbeing. Being mentally healthy means being peaceful from within, being able to deal with life's challenges and being able to manage emotions and relationships, etc.
There is a lot of misunderstanding about "mental health" and 60% of mentally sick or disturbed people are not taken to doctors or other mental health professionals. Instead, they are taken to astrologers, or tantriks. Some are even punished for being crazy.
In today's highly stressful world people do not have time to think and plan their lives. Because of modern lifestyles and nuclear families people do not have outlets to share their feelings and express their intense emotions.
Sometimes emotional wounds like deep hurts, insults, neglect, shaming, physical and/or sexual abuse in childhood, may cause Personality or Behavioural disorders.
A person who loses temper for any small thing, or who is suspicious all the time or the one who breaks down or cries at slightest provocation, or who is jealous and possessive to the extent of being obsessed, or who is anxious all the time etc. needs to understand his/her feelings and find out the root cause of such feelings and behaviours.
- Learn to express your feelings assertively
- Become aware of your own feelings and emotions
- Understand how to manage your emotions on day to day basis (anger, fear, jealousy etc)
- Review and nurture your relationships and infuse new life into them
- Periodically get rid of past baggage, deep hurts, spoilt relationships, unresolved issues, by resolving them in your mind
- Have a daily routine where your own needs and others' needs are balanced
- Reward yourself
- Develop positive attitude: focus on good events in life and positive affirmations.
- Introspect how often you succumb to negative emotions.
- Keep company of positive people
- Devise own methods for de-stressing
- Keep away from any kind of substance abuse.
- Have some routine exercise regime.
- Do not hesitate to seek professional help from - Counsellor/Psychiatrist/Psychologist
Pay attention to your Mental Health and enjoy life!!
Hello, doctor I am keep awaking mid night around 4 o'clock after that I can't fall sleep again bcz some negative thoughts comes in my mind, it is happing wid me last 64 days I tried homeopathy treatment for 15 days ,and also taken solopose 0.5md for 10 days, but nothing is fine, I am not getting deep sleep, hole night I sleep but I feel like I am awaking, I also done some test, cbc, esr crp, rbc,lipid profile, tch,(urine R/m) reports are normal, suggest me something soon, little little things make me tens, in morning time I can't control my self to stop negative thoughts, but in evening time everything happens fine.
My uncle is addicted to alcohol fully so I want to change him I hear that there s a medicine for deaddiction of alcohol so please suggest your answers.
I'm suffering from stammering problems So do you have any way or any yoga by which we come out from this problems.
Hello my name is mohd fayaz uddin I am a BTech student. My exams are starts from tomorrow while I am reading the books I am not able to concentrate on my studies give some tips and also what I study forget quickly not able to store please give some suggestions and tips.
Depression is defined as a mental state, which is typified by pessimistic sense of insufficiency and a hopeless lack of activity. This state could be so severe that it may require clinical intervention. 'Relapse' is the term coined for the reappearance of signs of depression within six months after the patient has been cured of depression. The time period of depression relapse may be smaller than depression recurrence, but it is equally frightening in both the cases. It becomes very difficult for the patient to combat all the signs of depression and cope up with gloom, fatigue, bad temper etc. The person starts alienating himself from the rest of the world. So, it becomes necessary for him to follow an apt strategy to survive a depression relapse.
First of all, the patient suffering from depression relapse should immediately consult his or her therapist or psychiatrist and get an adequate treatment for the same. The treatment procedure may include intake of antidepressants and psychotherapy. While the treatment is carried on, you may require some tips to survive that time interval. Below are some guidelines for the same:
- Accept the Truth: Though it is never easy to acknowledge the state of mental illness, but it is the key to cope up with depression relapse. Accepting that depression would strike again and again would help you to deal with it.
- Identify the Symptoms of Depression Relapse: Instead of neglecting the initial signs of depression relapse, it is necessary to accept that depression has hit you again. It is better to leave your shame or guilt aside and consider it as a normal event. Immediately go and make your therapist aware of the symptoms you identified, so that remedial action could be taken accordingly. The first sign of depression relapse may differ from person to person. It may be lack of sensation or any sudden surge of energy. Although these changes may appear subtle but should be noted down and conveyed to your therapist.
- Seek help from others: Depression relapse gets easier to survive with the help of friends, family and loved ones. Open up about your mental state and talk freely to others. You will find that you are not alone. Constant support from your nearby people will prove very beneficial. They will keep reminding you the fact that, 'this too shall pass away'. Do not alienate yourself, instead try to socialize. Hang out with your friends and indulge in activities which bring you pleasure. Primarily it will be hard to seek joy by socializing but it will prove fruitful in the long run. Pursue your hobbies and try to relax.
Depression relapse occurs again and again, no matter how hard one tries to run away from it. So, it is better to accept this harsh truth and start following the above measures to survive Depression Relapse. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!