Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna RamchandranYour feedback matters!
I have problem of gastritis and acidity, but I m regular smoker and find it be increasing when I smoke any remedy to reduce.
Hlo sir. As I am having exams these days so I had to do studies and to sit on the chair for continuously for soo many hours without any support to the back bone so I am facing a severe pain in my back bone so can us suggest me something to get out of it. Thank you.
I am 20 years old. I am married women. After 1 year marriage my husband no coming home on time always late night. After coming home he sleeps I don't know he don't care n actually I am 6 month pregnant I feel really bad my baby because if he don't love me then I would he love my baby. He try to avoid me. Don't care. Always tried to stay away. I feel bored now help me please what should I do.
Elevated PSA I am a 75 years old. My PSA last year was 4.03 this year it has elevated to 5.83. This has me stressed and worried. My urologist has recommend I have a biopsy. I have been reading and go ogling about prostate cancer and biopsies. The more I read and learn, the more confused I get. I am 50- to get a.
I am not sure what do I want in life? I have no goals or aims in life. I feel like I am wasting time and life. I have no interest on anything. I don't know what to do with my life? I don't know what makes me happy? Even If I feel to do something questions like why are you doing, for whom are you doing, it's all gonna be waste, why to achieve something that is not permanent, after all we never take anything from the world? Etc. I feel everything is useless and meaningless. I don't know how long to live like this. Pls help me.
I am 28 years old before one month my left side body is not working because of high stress. Now I m ok but every 2 days I have headache what can I do.
Hello I am sleeping a lot. Its difficult to get off bed whether its weekdays or weekends. I dont feel like meeting friends. Im being arrogant n critical all the time.I dont feel like doing my favoitote things like sketching.Im angry mst of the time.I break down real soon these days.I feel hungry but dont feel like eating. Im a very social person but feel like being in my room away from all.Even i hate talking on phone nw.I dont remember stuff.Recent or very old.Dont remember names to long lost people or things or songs.Hence lack of confidence.Recently started having random anxiety/panic attacks.Where i was breathless , crying and reason was nothing specific .What is this?
Sir, I am suffering from depression from last 22 years I have consulted so many doctors but I have not received significant results. Pl advice, can I remove 100 % from this problem?
Sir my mind is controlling me not I am. I got angry on my family member I do not know what to do I want to relax my give some exercise or any activity from which I can get control over my mind.
Sir, I enjoy the company of my relatives, friends, but feel hesitate going out in the crowd as I feel people are looking at me, talking about me, giving me comments, laughing at me.
My friend's mother caught with his step father in the bed as his dad was a useless fellow. He caught them and asked one day to his mom why you are doing all this she said I want sex pleasure. Then my friend left from that. One day his mom at night slept with him and unfortunately he had sex with her then she is pregnant now. What should he do? his mom is happy about that but my friend is feeling so embarrassed about the same. Now she is forcing to have sex every time. She is 3 months now can you give suggestions for this in what way he can get out of this nasty situation?
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I do yoga regularly. But then also I am gaining weight. This make me depressed. What to do can I continue with yoga or I stop doing it?
What Is Adjustment Disorder
Adjustment disorder is considered to be a group of conditions, which usually occur when a person experiences difficulty in coping with the stressful life events. These usually include relationship issues, job issues or the demise of a loved one. The incapacity to adjust to stressful events leads to psychological and sometimes physical symptoms.
Symptoms of Adjustment Disorder
The psychological and physical symptoms linked with adjustment disorder occur either during or instantly after a stressful event. The disorder only lasts for 6 months, but the symptoms might continue if the stressor has not been removed. The symptoms might vary from person to person.
The psychological symptoms are anxiety, crying, impulsiveness, lack of concentration, low or loss of self esteem, feeling hopeless, sad or trapped, and withdrawn attitude along with suicidal tendencies.
These physical symptoms can include trembling, twitching of the muscles, soreness, body pain, insomnia, indigestion and fatigue.
Adjustment disorder might display psychological and physical symptoms separately or together.
Types of Adjustment Disorder
There are 6 adjustment disorders and each one of them is associated with different symptoms:
1) Adjustment disorder with depressed mood: People diagnosed with this suffer from feelings of hopelessness and sadness is often related with crying. Also, a person might not enjoy the activities, which he earlier enjoyed.
2) Adjustment disorder with anxiety: Symptoms of this are anxiety along with being anxious, overwhelmed, and worried. People with this show less concentration and poor memory. When diagnosed in children, it is usually due to the separation anxiety from loved ones and parents.
3) Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood: In this both anxiety and depression is experienced.
4) Adjustment disorder with disturbance of conduct: The symptoms of this disorder are more about the involvement of the behavioral issues like starting a quarrel, reckless driving, destructing property and stealing. Teens suffering from this might become absent from school.
5) Adjustment disorder with mixed disturbance of emotions and conduct: The symptoms of anxiety, depression, and behavioral issues are observed.
6) Adjustment disorder unspecified: People who are diagnosed with this type of disorder usually display symptoms those are not associated with other disorders. They exhibit more of physical symptoms and problems with family and friends or at school and workplace.
Treatment of Adjustment Disorder:
If diagnosed with an adjustment disorder, a person can definitely benefit from treatment. This is usually treated with therapy or medicines or a combination of both.
- Therapy is the first choice. A health counselor or a psychologist can give counseling and if there is a need for medication, then you might be referred to a psychiatrist.
- Medication like Nonbenzodiazepine anxiolytic, SSRI or SNRI and benzodiazepines might be prescribed for reducing the symptoms of anxiety.