Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aparna Ramchandran
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna RamchandranYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old chain smoker can't leave without cigaratee lovelife has destroyed me. Cant sleep at night. Always keep on thinking even while driving fed up of life.
I am a 29 year old female. I work for nite shift from last 4.5 years. I think I have depression issues. I feel low. I always feel dull and I have severe sleep disorder. Due to which I loose temper, become impatient and sometime b rude to ppl. I dnt like to talk ppl or even meet them. I like to stay alone. I haven gained weight in couple of months tgar m trying to reduce. But nuthn is workng out in favour but I used to b very jovial and vivacious person. I was a state level badminton player and used to indulge in lot of outdoor activities including traveling n meeting new ppl I feel nite shift is killing me and working on lappy has made me more frustrated. All I see is same face and same it work I do. What do you suggest. Is there any medication thst can keep me calm and relaxed.
Hi I am doing B.pharmacy final year After returning from clg in evening I fell extremely tiredness please some things like Horlicks, born vita etc like so that I fell better and also I gain some muscles and stronger bone and sharp mind Please some powder like born vita , Horlicks to use with milk Reply Asap.
From past few months I am suffering from hair fall problem. Specially in the front of my head. Its really very depressing. I need some good suggestion, tips ,oils & medicine.
I am male. I am singer. But my voice is still not nice. Please help me to get bright and bass voice.
Life a gift from GOD and parents how do you lead your life is in your hands, success and failure are steps for your life.
The most successful Male or Female they claimed longer ladders with hard work Right From TATA, Birla, top industrialist in Indian Sri Abdul Kalam Indian scientist Barak Obama(USA President) they work from 4.0 AM to 11.00 PM 16 to 18 hours per day, and they have all kinds of stress.
As a counselling Specialist (Masters in Counselling psychology) what i can say that everyone has stress Right from Education, Family, Relation ship, Interpersonal relations,
A phone call away getting guidance from counselling specialist will give a good life.
I was in love with my future wife but suddenly we broke out. What can I do to regain my love back please assist me.
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.