Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna PawarYour feedback matters!
Whenever I am confident in my work and doing well. Suddenly at that moment I start thinking about my negative past and start feeling nervous and that all confidence goes to waste. Please help me.
An injury by pen-prick occurred on my left palm some years back and since then sometimes cramps set in in my both hands and legs.EMG AND NCV of both hands done,nothing found.Had had PREBAGALIN AND METHYLCOBALAMIN.Please advice.
My wife (Age - 36) is very aggressive and starts shouting for even trivial and non-issues. This has started impacting our kids who are very young and even neighbours. She has mood swings and is very negative for no reasons. She is not ready to go to doctor and on discussion with counsellers they have recommended she needs treatment.
I am a male but my voice like a female while speaking with some one .I'm facing this problem. Tell me how to clear this.
I am shying to talk with opposite gender. How to overcome that. I know its a. Silly question but can you suggest some easy way to get over such kind of phobia. I also hv stage phobia n I can't explain or speak or can't be frank when. Its a bunch of people. I afraid I feel shy Kinda.
Sir I am having suffering from my mind problems since last 1 year. Although there is lot of problems in my home my father is threading from his back pain. His treatment is continue but still no relief. I have some worry about him. I am very poor also. Also I think that how would I manage my family. I am the only responsible person in my family. I have 12 members in my family. But income is very low this is also worry problem it my think. I have sleepiness problem also. Mostly my mind stopped to work properly specially in night. Mostly I think in night that I will not be alive & I can die any time. I know that I have lot of tensions. I know that when I will more think & will feel additional pressure my self it would not be in my favour. But I am not able to remove them. So kindly suggest me that would I recovered. & what should I do and how much time I will have to taken for my recovery. If you short out me then whole life I will gratitude for you & wouldn't forget your favour. Good night sir.
Before two years I was suffered in Melina only for taking drinks. Now it is ok. If somehow I have to take drink what I have to take as protection. Kindly suggest me. Actually I do not want to drink. But for my mental stress I took someday. So am in tension. Now am coming to another place to avoid the circumstances and want to restart non alcoholic life .
I am 21 years old, I am getting depression for every failure, I am having lot of problems to solve, can please help me in this problem, thank you.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time please helm me.
How can I forget my x girlfriend I was madly in love with her how to move on? Im getting day by day more insecure people who are being in a relationship im just getting jealous watching them. And getting more and more insecure. How can I get rid of it. Can I get a new gf or wife better than her? In every way?
Hi doc, when I skip playing notes on guitar I get angry soon by the anger I'm unable to play guitar from professional I become beginner. And the distortion sound does it damage our ear drum?
Catatonic depression is a kind of depression which is characterized by prolonged periods of speechlessness and motionlessness. It is described as a state of mind that is caused by neurogenic and motor inabilities caused due to dysfunction of various neurotransmitters like glutamate and dopamine. People who suffer from a severe case of this condition, even have difficulty in performing simple regular tasks. For example, the act of eating breakfast may take a span of hours.
Some of the common symptoms of this condition are:
- Feelings of sadness
- A change in appetite causing gain or loss of weight
- Difficulty in concentrating and thinking
- Feelings of restlessness, worthlessness, and guilt
- A loss of interest in any activity
- Trouble sleeping
- Attempts at suicide
- Cynicism and negativism
- Unusual and abnormal movements
- An inability to move and difficulty in speaking
- A refusal to eat or drink due to extreme anxiety
The major causes of catatonic depression are:
1. Abnormal neurotransmitter production - Irregularities in the production of neurotransmitters are believed to be one of the major causative factors of this type of depression. These neurotransmitters present in the brain help cells to communicate with each other. Serotonin and norepinephrine are the neurotransmitters which are mostly associated with this type of depression.
2. Dopamine irregularities - Another reason for this condition is believed to be the irregularities in dopamine, glutamate, and gamma-aminobutyric acid neurotransmitter systems. Underlying neurological, physical, psychiatric or psychological conditions are accompanying issues.
Administering antidepressants or using electroconvulsive therapy are some of the known ways of treatment which have proved effective for getting relief from catatonic depression. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
In most Indian homes, a family is not complete with just one child. Until about a couple of decades ago, a family with a single child was very rare. The most common response would be 'with whom the child will play'. Between the siblings, there is always so much love. Starting from getting attention from the parent to education at all stages of life, this is one relationship which just grows and grows. While it definitely is a feel-good factor, scientifically too, it has been proven to have multiple benefits.
Read on to know some benefits of having siblings and how it can help you stay healthy and positive.
- A constant companion: With a sibling around, there is no need to look for a play or study companion. There is always one available right in the same home. This provides for a happy, healthy equation with a lot of give and take that just extends through life.
- Continuous learning environment: With a sibling around, the learning never stops. There is a constant teacher/mentor-student relationship with the elder one having an upper hand and trying to teach the younger one all sorts of things from using a chalk to spoon to math to magic.
- Sharing begins at home: Whether it is your toys or colours, stationary or chocolates, siblings share a lot of stuff and so from a very young age, there is a behaviour that encourages sharing of all sorts of things. Studies have shown that children with siblings show a lot more sympathy and are more open to sharing things as compared to single children.
- Builds selflessness: The next time you see two siblings, notice how the elder one is always so protective of the younger one. The elder one is willing to give up their chocolate just so the younger one smiles. Similarly, the younger one also would give up a toy so that the elder one is happy. This selflessness is ingrained in children with siblings, which extends into their other relationships too later in life.
- Tougher individuals: Problem solving is something which gets built in early in life when children have siblings. This comes in handy later in life too, which makes them tougher individuals. They are also better skilled at negotiating, good at setting and achieving goals, managing relationships (both professional and personal), and are so more successful.
The relationship with a sibling just continues through life. The above are some pointers as to how having a sibling makes for a happy, healthier, and positive life. Anyone with a sibling would definitely vouch for these!!