Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna BirajdarYour feedback matters!
I suffer from severe copd. I also have diabetes, for which I take insulin, and high bp, for which I take telmasartin80 daily. Is there any medicine, ayurvedic, allopathic or homeopathic, which can improve my lung function?
Bp 130/85 Hight 5.6 Weight 65 family history all are good having tonsil first time only one time.what can i do?
Hello, my age is 21 years, I have problem of tonsils, I tried ayurvdeic treatment but it failed, please give any permenent solution for tonsils.
I am 19 years old and I am having cough from more than 20 days, please can you help me to get rid from this cough I am really feeling very bad from this cough.
I have been suffering from cold n sore throat for last 15 days. Seems my tonsil has increased which is painful at times. Please advice.
I have cold n cough from last 16 days and move over cough is creating much problem for me. What should I do?
I am 30 years old and smokes regular. Since last one year I am having severe cough continuously. Got checked from doctor and had many cough syrups with antibiotics. Blood reports didn't prevailed anything serious. Please advise how get rid of coughing and as well with smoking.
She is suffering for cold and cough. She took nodimox plus 500 2 pics of 2 days. What can she do right now. Friday she going to her mosis wedding.
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Always secretion of cough in my head. Sometimes I feel paining please suggest any medicine that would not able to secret any cough in the head and do not have any bad habits.
Ginger Garlic Do Help in Asthma and Other Diseases.
- A soup made with ginger garlic reduces inflammation swelling any where in the body including the respiratory passages.
- The hydration provided by soup helps the body improve circulation and prevents the build up of phlegm. If haldi, onion, spinach turnip are added, the soup has a therpeutic effect on regeneration of cells.
A word of caution for cardiac patients who are taking aspirin as a blood thinner, all of the above also lead to thinning of blood, compounding the effects of other blood thinners used as drugs. In women it can lead to excessive periods, specially in women around menopause time, because of silent hypertension not detected and blood vessels becoming more fragile. Excess of everything is bad.
Mujhe hmesa cough rhta hai 2-3 years ho gye Before 3 year bronchitis tha and immune system bhi weak hai. please advice
I was was born in 1988. I was suffering from asthmatic problem when I was three years old. Suddenly after two years the problem disappeared. Got married in 2005. Since then I am suffering from allergies of dust, food and contact to dirtiness. When I suffer from allergies, I get angry very soon. Most of the time I spend on irritation. I want to get rid of allergies as well as irritation.
No matter how well you take care of yourself, everyone catches a cold or flu at some time or the other. That’s probably the reason why it is popularly known as a ‘common’ cold. A cold on its own does not harm the body much but it leaves you feeling weakened and suppresses the immune system. Cold is a viral infection and hence is usually unresponsive to antibiotics and other medication. However, Ayurveda can help manage a cold better and speed up the recovery process.
Cough and cold can be triggered by a number of factors including a sudden drop in temperature, exposure to dust or pollen or staying in rooms with poor ventilation. Additionally, aggravating the Kapha dosha can also cause a cold or cough. When the food we eat is not digested properly, its turns into ‘ama’ that triggers cold or cough when it reaches the respiratory system. Some common ayurvedic remedies for coughs and colds are:
- Enhance your body heat: Keeping the body warm, especially the head, throat, chest and feet, is the first step to recovering from a cold. Drinking a cup of hot spiced tea or a glass of warm water mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, a few times a day, can also help. Spices like cumin, coriander and black pepper are considered heat generating spices and hence should be used liberally when preparing food.
- Vapour therapy: To recover from a cough that is accompanied by congestion, try inhaling the hot vapours of water mixed with a little eucalyptus oil. This helps dilate the bronchial tubes and unblocks the nostrils. Inhaling the vapours of water mixed with rock salt can help relieve heaviness in the head and a mild cold. Simple hot water vapours itself can even be inhaled to relieve sinusitis pain. To benefit from vapour therapy, it is essential to sit in a room without the fan on and to cover your head and the vapour source while inhaling the steam.
- Dhooma Paan: Inhaling turmeric smoke is said to have an antiseptic effect on the lungs and respiratory tract. To benefit from this therapy burn a dried root of turmeric and inhale the smoke a few times. If you do not have access to the dried root of turmeric, place a red hot piece of charcoal with a few dried leaves in a clay pot, add a heaped spoon of turmeric powder to this and blow gently till it catches fire before inhaling the smoke. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.