Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Anurag. O. AwasthiYour feedback matters!
I am Sivakumar from Tamil nadu I am affected due to urine infections 2 times I am tested urine culture and sensitivity Doctors recommend gentamizine injection twice per day 1st time then 2 time gives dnc trip 2 bottles with gentamizine 3 days at the no pain and ok but now also gives pain What is the reason? Any English medicine is available please? Any further test is required, how to cure permanently? Please advise me?
I become weak after urination, my hands sleeping after urination, my face become very thin after urination, so please give me a solution.
Hi Dr. My wife is 4 month pregnant and have stones in both kidneys and one 11 mm stone block the urine in left kidney. But at that time she is fine if any time she gets pain which pain killer recommended to used for pain relief in pregnancy.
E-coli infection treated with 21 days of ofloxacin 200 and now I am feeling somewhat okay. My prostate and other related parts are normal in shape and size. My doctor advised me to take ALFOO 10 mg for 30 days. Is it ok to take? I am taking it for past 2 days why alfoo is prescribed when I am ok with size of prostate and other related parts, can someone explain briefly please.
Dear sir, I am a 50 years old man having prostatomegaly and cystitis with minimal PVR. My doctor has prescribed me tamsulosin hydrochloride tablet 01 OD while sleeping and potassium citrate and citric acid oral suspension two times a day after meal. I am also taking himplasia tab 01 BD. Recently I checked my blood and are tabulated below:- Sugar Fasting: 98 PP: 130 Total cholesterol: 220 Tgl: 293 HDL 40 LDL 121 SGOT 48 IU/ lit SGPT 76 IU/ lit globulin 3.7 gm I just want to know the overall condition of my health. Is it an indication of serious health problems? And what else you suggest for better health. Thanking you in anticipation Binay Das.
57 year old male, diagnosed with BPH but no avoiding problems at present. Size of the prostrate from USG in December 2015 was 44 gms. The PSA levels at the same time was 40 (suffering from UTI at that time). Doctor prescribed Velfu which I have taken for 5 months. The uroflowmetry (March 2016) shows that urine flow is ideal for age. The doctor has advised to shift to geriflo D now. In view of its considerable side effects, and no problems at present, is it advisable to take geriflo D or should wait and watch to see if symptoms become severe.
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.