Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 22 years old female. At 13 years puberty starts but from 15 years old I have irrigular menstruation. The first day of it hurts so much seems like I can't breath, perspiration covers me, period cramps, I can't stay calmly, it doesn't flow out unless I go toilet and sit down. What is happened ?
How to get conceived with one tube (right flopen tube) means what is the right time of ovulation period.
I have a doubt whether Orange s cold are hot for the body. I can get 8 -10 oranges a day is it harmful? What are d advantages of eating oranges. Is it good for vaginal infection.
Everyday I am waking up (at 5. am) due to severe lower abdominal pain. (in the centre) its more unbearable than the perriods pain. Ps: my periods are regular, I was detected pcod (left overy) in month of july 2014. Which was cured by medical treatment & reports came normal (dec2014) please help
Is it there any type of cutting of vaginal opening happens during the normal delivery to a woman?Please help sir .
How to Identify You're not Chewing Your Food Enough?
Are you always in a hurry while eating or multitask while chewing your food? Then it is highly probable that you don’t chew your food enough. A recent survey revealed that on an average people chew their food only 6 six times before swallowing, which is far less than enough. Chewing food for an adequate amount of time is necessary for a healthy digestive system and can help you avoid lots of health problems.
Here’s why you should chew your food properly.
So what happens to your body when you don’t chew your food enough?
Mastication is the name given to the process of chewing food. Mastication, if not done properly, can lead to various health problems like-
1. Incomplete digestion: Digestion starts in the mouth itself and chewing has a significant role in it. The salivary glands are stimulated to release an alkaline enzyme, called ptyalin, by chewing. This enzyme combines with carbohydrates to initiate the process of the conversion of food into simpler sugars by splitting. Not chewing food properly may be a causative agent for digestive problems like gas, bloating, and diarrhoea to name a few.
2. Increased threat of bacterial overgrowth: If food is not chewed properly it cannot be completely broken down by the digestive system. The partially digested portion of food may result in increased amount of bacteria in the colon, leading to stomach infections.
3. Bad oral health: If you don’t chew food enough, plaque build-up in your mouth may increase, which can further lead to tooth decay. This is because improper chewing means lesser amount of saliva secretion, and more chances of accumulation of unbroken food particles in the mouth, causing cavities.
4. Lesser nutrient absorption: When you don’t chew your food properly, larger food particles don’t break into smaller ones. This makes absorption of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients difficult for your body when they pass through the intestines.
Indications that you don’t chew your food properly
If you don’t chew food for an adequate amount of time, your body begins to give warning signs. This can affect your health significantly, and the following symptoms show if you don’t do it properly.
1. Frequent digestive problems: If you are frequently experiencing digestive problems like acid reflux, constipation or heartburn then there are good chances that the problem is inadequate chewing of food.
2. Weight gain: One of the reasons behind weight gain may be consuming too many calories without realising. This can happen when you eat fast, which indicates that you don’t crush and grind your food properly inside your mouth.
3. Recurrent mood swings: Researchers are of the opinion that improper chewing of food gives rise to digestive problems, which in turn may often ruin your mood.
How many times should you chew each bite?
Researchers at Ohio State University are of the opinion that you should chew each mouthful of food for a minimum of 30 times. However, they mentioned that chewing softer food like potatoes for 5 to 10 times is enough.
Sir/Madam, My wife is 6 months pregnant can I have sex with her for normal delivery. Others told have sex but I have fear how do to which position. How many times in a month. Pls give a solution.
Hello sir I want to know about a sex time. Before 2 years I got married I want to know that what about to sex she is pregnant from last 7 months is that we can sex now or not?
What to do when you feel lifelessness, almost no energy in your body during first trimester of your pregnancy?
Physiotherapic approaches for sports injuries
What role does physiotherapy play in treating injuries?
The recent t20 world cup 2016 match between India and Australia held in Mohali saw some action as well as injuries. Yuvraj Singh faced an ankle sprain while he was batting and was helped by immediate attention by a physiotherapist to resume the winning match.
What are the types of injuries related to cricket?
The most common injuries related to the gentleman's game are:
- hamstring strain
- low back pain
- side strain
- shoulder pain
- sprained ankle
How does physiotherapy help an individual?
A physiotherapist assesses your muscle strength and the range of movement in your joints and advises on techniques and exercises to bring back the mobility of your injured muscles or inflamed joints.
Physiotherapy is a physical therapy that takes care of the overall well-being of the body esp. The muscular part which is most affected when you play or exercise. Three of the main approaches a physiotherapist may use are:
- education and advice- tips and hacks for ensuring physical well-being of a person
- movement and exercise- aids and exercises to ensure good physical health
- manual therapy- a therapy of manual massage and body movements to relieve pain
- other techniques- these include acupuncture, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (tens) and ultrasounds.
There are numerous sports related injuries that can be effectively treated through physiotherapy. The therapy followed is entirely dependent on the kind of injury caused due to the sport.
The physiotherapist initially asks you some questions to know about your injury, medical history, family health records, prevalent allergies, and other such related information. Based on this initial examination, your physiotherapist will design a therapy plan for a test period to see if it is working or not.
I m 22 years of age. Recently I did sex with my fiancee and he told me that i m not a virgin. But I never done sex before. Then I checked my vagina with my fingers and I also have doubt that i m not a virgin because my vagina's hole is too big and I never felt pain when he entered his penis at the first time. I m I virgin or not?
Scratching a mosquito bite is your body’s response to the saliva that the female mosquito leaves behind after sucking your blood. Itching a mosquito bite inflames and irritates the skin further, causing your immune system to try even harder to fight off the foreign substance (mosquito saliva). This, consequently, results in more inflammation, and an itchy bump that refuses to go away.
Excessive scratching should be avoided as it can cause your skin to break and leave behind a scar called dermatofibroma. This small ball-shaped scar mark can appear wherever the mosquito bites. You can also end up with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, which is basically a brown spot that appears on your skin when you scratch a lot. Further, scratching a mosquito bite can also lead to infection as bacteria from under your fingernails get injected into the bite, thereby infecting it.
Instead of scratching the mosquito bite, here are 2 ways to get respite from the itch, while avoiding the damage that it can cause to your skin.
1. Rub it with lemon
Lemon (or lime) contains citric acid, which has itch relieving properties. The next time a mosquito bites you, cut up a lemon into pieces and rub a piece gently on the affected area. You can even squirt some lemon juice on the bite to relieve itching.
2. Apply vaporub on the itchy area
Rubbing vaporub on your skin is another way to stop the itch. It contains ingredients like peppermint, eucalyptus oil or menthol, which possess itch-relieving properties. Moreover, the scent of a vaporub can be helpful in keeping mosquitoes away, consequently preventing mosquito bites.
The next time you feel the need to scratch a mosquito bite, don’t do so; instead try the above two alternatives for instant relief.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My name is ashok & meri wife ko 1 month 25 days ho gaye hain abhi tak Period nahi aaya hai jbki maine pregnancy kit se check kiya to negative bata raha hai. Aisa kyon hai ki Period nahi Aa raha hai. Please Help me.
Chlamydia is a very common STI caused by bacteria. Those patients who are suffering from chlamydia usually don't see the side effects in the early stages, which makes it that much more difficult to diagnose it. Chlamydia can bring about a lot of severe problems in the later stages. These include not being able to get pregnant later or causing dangers in pregnancies. This disease is often easily spread since it shows no noticeable symptoms and can be passed on the partner very easily. 75% of the infection in women and 50% of the infections in men cannot be noticed and are without any symptoms.
Symptoms: Since the side-effects are not always visible, when they do happen, they are normally recognizable within one to three weeks of contacting and include the following:
In women these are:
- Vaginal discharge with strong odour
- Abnormal bleeding during periods
- Excruciating periods
- Stomach pain with fever
- Pain while engaging in sexual activities
- Burning around the vagina
- Pain during urination
- Cloudy discharge from the tip of the penis
- Excruciating pain while urinating
- Burning around the opening of the penis
- Swelling and pain in the testicles
Treatment: Chlamydia is easily treatable. Since it is bacterial in nature, it's treated with anti-infection agents. Following are some of the most common treatments for chlamydia in men as well as women:
1. Azithromycin is an anti-infection generally recommended in large dosage, yet the dosage may be spread out more than 5 days.
2. Doxycycline is an anti-microbial that must be taken twice every day for around one week. Your specialist may recommend different anti-infection agents.
Regardless of which antibiotic you are given, you should follow the dosage guidelines properly to ensure the infection is cured completely. This can take up to two weeks, even with the single-dosage medications.
Try not to engage in sexual relations while your treatment is going on. Unfortunately, you can get chlamydia again in case you're uncovered, regardless of the fact that you've had it and it was treated.
Women with extreme chlamydia infection may require hospitalisation, intravenous anti-microbial and painkillers. Your doctor might use a few tests to diagnose chlamydia. He or she will probably take samples from your urethra and cervix and then send it for further analysis. There are also other tests that include urine samples for presence of bacteria. Sometimes, even blood tests are taken depending upon your symptoms or in case the doctor is not able to diagnose it with previous methods and tests.
After taking the medication, individuals should get a follow-up on the treatment after three months to make certain that the disease is cured. This is highly important in case you are not sure whether your partner has been treated or not.
Hi I am newly married but I am not happy with sex life with my partner because she don't want to do sex in different angles like from backside n top on me always in only direction me on top of her. Because she says get pain n our baby will be different and she wants finish off quickly please tell me if we do sex in different angles is it gone affect her in future. Please give suggestions so that my life will be happy thanks.
She is on pregnancy so what I have to do for her child strong health purpose and her health also she having 4th month now so give me a solution for her health and hers child health.
I am 30 years old, one year back I got married, now I am planning to have childrens, so is it correct age to have children. Tell me good diet.
Arthritis is caused by the inflammation of the joint lining and gives rise to pain, stiffness, warmth and redness in the joints. Major types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and gout.
Here are some tips, which help you in preventing arthritis:
- Exercise: Strengthening your muscles around your joint decreases the pressure on the joint. If there is less pressure on the joint, then the chances of arthritis are reduced. The best way to decrease pressure on the joint and strengthen your muscles is to exercise.
- Take Omega-3 fatty acids: Research proves that the regular consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, present in fish, result in decreased risks of rheumatoid arthritis. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in foods such as olive oil and walnuts.
- Eat ginger and broccoli: Ginger and broccoli are two of the most therapeutic foods for various reasons and the chances of getting arthritis are also proven to reduce due to these foods.4. Avoid injury Although this is very hard to do sometimes, avoiding injuries do reduce your chances of getting arthritis.
- Take Vitamins: Vitamins are crucial, especially A, C and D. Vitamin A can be found in carrots. vitamin D can yet again be found in fish while vitamin C can be found in strawberries, mangoes, pineapples and oranges.
- Avoid injury: Although this is very hard to do sometimes, avoiding injuries do reduce your chances of getting arthritis.