Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnuradhaYour feedback matters!
Gud afternoon sir last night I had a sex with a woman finally she said she was HIV victim and I used condom will I suffer from HIV.
Constipation can make you miserable. Though medically defined as less than three stools a week or worse, daily bowel movement is essential to keep healthy and feel fresh. Caused by slow movement of food through the digestive tract, constipation can occur due to poor bowel habits, eating less fiber, medications, hormonal issues or some other disease. However, it can be easily fixed with fiber, fluids and frequent exercising. You can try these natural treatments to relieve your discomfort and keep it away:
- Coconut oil and flaxseed - a great combination: Coconut oil is a wonderful hydrating agent and eases stools. Flaxseeds help in the elimination of toxins, excess fat and cholesterol from the body. So in one tablespoon of coconut oil, add half a teaspoon of flaxseeds, chew well and eat this every morning.
- Harad or terminalia chebula myrobalan - a wonder fruit: An important ingredient of Triphala, harad is a wonder fruit that has amazing health benefits. One of these is relieving constipation. Take the small black variety and roast it with few drops of Ghee and grind to store. 5-6 gms daily with water at night will relieve constipation.
- Yogurt - excellent source of probiotics: Probiotics which contain beneficial bacteria are a great remedy for constipation. However, you can take the humble homemade yogurt full of beneficial bacteria in your meal every day and get relief from constipation.
- Fiber fix - figs and more: Fiber helps to bulk up your stool making the bowel movement faster. Figs are a great source of soluble fiber and you can soak 2-3 overnight and have both the fruit and the sweet water to get regular bowel movement. You can also include high fiber whole wheat bran cereal to your diet for added benefits. Do not forget to back your fibers with 8-10 glasses of water as you increase your intake.
- Baking powder - the versatile solution: Baking powder has an alkalizing effect and eases movement through the bowels. Add a teaspoon to a cup of warm water and drink it quickly for best results.
- Oatmeal tea - when things are severe: Oatmeal is fibrous, Honey is healing and moisturizing and Chamomile is an anti-inflammatory agent which soothes the stomach. Together, they can stop severe constipation. So, take a cup of water and add three teaspoons of oatmeal, a Chamomile tea bag and two teaspoons of honey. Drink 2-3 times a day if your problem is severe. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Smelly feet - the medical name is bromodosis - can affect anyone. It can be embarrassing and uncomfortable. The main cause is sweaty feet and there are simple steps you can take to help prevent this.
What causes sweaty and smelly feet?
The function of sweat glands is to keep the skin moist and therefore supple, and to regulate temperature when the weather is hot or while you are exercising. There are more sweat glands in our feet than anywhere else in the body. However, unlike sweat glands elsewhere in the body, the sweat glands in the feet secrete all the time, not just in response to heat or exercise.
Feet smell when bacteria on the skin break down sweat as it comes from the pores. A cheesy smell is released as the sweat decomposes.
The main causes of sweaty and smelly feet are:
- Wearing the same shoes every day. Feet become smelly if sweat soaks into the shoes and you wear them again before they are dry.
- Poor personal hygiene.
- Hormonal changes can cause feet to sweat more, so teenagers and pregnant women are especially prone.
- If you are stressed.
- A condition called hyperhidrosis, which causes you to sweat more than usual.
Not letting sweat accumulate inside your shoes is the most logical way of preventing smelly feet.
Preventing smelly feet
The best way to prevent smelly feet is good personal hygiene and not wearing the same shoes 2 days in a row. It's important to wash your feet every day and dry them thoroughly, especially between the toes. Teenagers especially should be discouraged from wearing the same pair of trainers all the time. You should also wear clean socks every day. Cotton or wool socks are much better than nylon.
If you're particularly prone to sweaty feet, you could:
- Use a spray deodorant or antiperspirant on your feet. A normal underarm one will work just as well as a specialist foot product.
- When you have dried your feet with a towel after a shower or bath, dab between your toes with cotton wool dipped in surgical spirit.
- Put detachable medicated insoles in your shoes. These have a deodorizing effect.
- Try foot-fresh socks. These are impregnated with chemicals to discourage the bacteria that break down the sweat and cause a smell. Some sports socks have ventilating panels to help keep feet dry.
- Wear leather or canvas shoes. In the summer, wear open-toed sandals. Go barefoot at home if you can safely.
- Sweaty feet can be treated with an antibacterial foot scrub, but avoid using these scrubs if you have broken skin or eczema.
These steps to prevent sweaty and smelly feet will usually help. If they don't, or you are worried about how much you sweat, seek medical advice.
Athlete's foot can also cause your feet to smell. You can treat this yourself with antifungal treatment available from a pharmacy. Seek medical advice if you're concerned or if the problem is not clearing up.