Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anupama DobleYour feedback matters!
The concept of egg quality of a woman is derived from the belief that the embryo implantation probability is powerfully related to the age and ovarian reserve of the woman. Thus, it is regarded that the quality of the egg is almost synonymous with the chances of embryo implantation. Its quality cannot be assessed merely by looking at the egg or measuring its ability to receive the fertilization by sperm or simply observing the initial embryo division.
There are a few important factors that contribute to the success or failure of the embryo implantation and some of them are:
- Diminished ovarian reserve: A woman with an increased FSH level on the third day of the menses is regarded as having diminished reserve of ovary. This implies that her ovary is not competent in sending feedback signals to the pituitary gland and the body responds by producing an increased amount of FSH for stimulating the ovary. For more than 10 years, it has been found that in over thousands of fertility treatment cycles, women with an increased FSH level have a lower egg quality.
- Advanced age of maternity: Even though the FSH level is normal, the age of the mother who provides the eggs plays an important role to determine the quality of the egg. Quite like women with increased FSH levels, eggs obtained from women aged more than 40 years can have some problems at a later stage of fertilization. Normal FSH levels are not considered a reassuring factor, owing to the lower implantation rate in females aged over 45 years.
- Diminished quality of egg: With an increase in age, the capacity of the mitochondria in producing energy slowly decreases. The egg is linked to the circulation before ovulation, and it is linked again after the embryo implantation. But during the one week time ranging from ovulation to implantation, the egg and the resulting embryo are contained in the zona pellucida and function on the basis of mitochondrial energy supply. The older age of the woman doesn’t cause any problem at the initial stage of ovulation. Its fertilization and embryonic development are also normal. But soon, it runs out of energy and stops dividing before reaching the stage of implantation.
Therefore, it is important to have the eggs tested to find out any sort of chromosomal abnormality. In case the mother is deficient of producing high quality eggs, the best option is to have donor eggs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I'm 27 years old nd I take unwanted 72 on 16/4/17 after 2 hr of sex nd after that I have abdominal pain continuously, what is provisional diagnosis and what should I do?
Uterus is anteverted. Normal in size. Myometrial echogenicity appears uniform. No obvious focal lesion seen. Both ovaries are bulky and show multiple small peripherally located follicles with echogenicity hyperemic central stroma. 15mm dominant follicle seen in the right ovary. Am I normal to conceive?
Irregular period will effect to get the lady pregnant. My wife's period are not coming on time some time its .8 to 10 days late. Sometime its 2 to 3 days early. But she get period every month will it affect to get pregnancy.
I got copper inserted on Aug 2015. While doing that doctor said for a pap smear test as she observed some lesion in the cervix. The report was normal But after getting copper t, every month before the period starts in full flow I get slight bleeding for 4-5 days. Also some times in between the periods also I get bleeding. Is it cancer or something else.
My second baby was dead born. My gynaec says that my baby died due to placenta twisted around baby's neck. But I have undergone scan before one week of death. Is it true. But I can't feel anything different. It happened starting of my ninth month.
Hello doctor, Me and my wife did unprotected sex on 05th dec and she took an i-pill on 6th dec. Now My wife facing problem of Excessive bleeding after taking I-pill. How many days it will take to stop the bleeding? Please suggest me any medicine name so that bleeding may stop.
Hey doctor my name is nina im 20 years only I got pregnant last month and took abortion pill I was bleeding for 30 days and then it stooped for 10 days but after 10 days it started again I want to ask are the my normal periods or there is some complication occurred in my abortion?
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
Everytime when I drink vodka or had sex or had periods a reddish painful pimple appears on my vagina which is cured after few days bt it cause irritation and pain all the day. Why is it so and what to do for that.
Tying your tubes or tubal sterilisation is also known as Tubal Ligation a process that may be carried out due to number of reasons. This kind of permanent birth control also includes cutting or blocking of the fallopian tubes so as to avoid pregnancy. With the help of this procedure, one can block the path along which the sperm travels in order to reach the egg and fertilise it. This procedure can be done at any time including right after childbirth. Read on to know more about tubal ligation.
Reasons: There are many reasons why this procedure may be conducted. This is usually done to prevent pregnancy on a permanent basis. However, it is important to remember that this procedure may not suit everyone. One alternative procedure is a hysteroscopic sterilisation, which involves the placement of a small coil in the fallopian tubes through a path formed via the cervix. With the help of this insert, scar tissue is formed, thus effectively blocking and sealing off the tubes.
Risk of Damage to Organs: There are many risks that can be borne due to the procedure of tubal ligation. One of the main issues remains potential damage to the bowels which can lead to gastrointestinal complications in the long run. Also, the bladder and surrounding blood vessels may undergo such damage.
Medical History: This procedure can cause further complications like excessive bleeding and others, if you have had surgery in the pelvic and abdominal area earlier, as the wounds may suffer inflammation if the procedure is recent enough. Also, if you have a medical history of obesity or diabetes, then this can create further complications after the procedure.
Anaesthesia: One can also have an allergic reaction to the anaesthesia that has been used during the procedure, which can pose complications during the recovery period.
Infection: If the wound does not heal properly, then there is a chance of catching infections in the area which can lead to excessive bleeding, pain and fever along with other complications that have to do with the procedure and the organs at play.
Chronic Pain: There is a risk of going through long term and chronic pelvic or abdominal pain after this surgery. This can become a debilitating problem in the long run, for the patient.
Guarantee: This procedure cannot prevent sexually transmitted diseases. Also, one must remember that less than one out of 100 women who go through this procedure, actually get pregnant. Yet, if you are relatively young when the procedure happens, there are higher chances of the procedure failing to prevent pregnancy. Also, in such cases, the risk of ectopic pregnancy increases quite significantly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
What is LASIK ?
Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) uses a computer controlled laser to reshape the eye's cornea ( the transparent part in the front region of the eye), so as to enable light passing through it to focus correctly onto the retina of the eye.
When do you need this surgery?
This surgical procedure is ideal for people having following conditions making spectacle use mandatory :
1. Myopia or nearsightedness - Far off objects appears blurry
2. Hypermetropia or farsightedness - Close objects appear indistinct
3. Astigmatism - Overall fuzzy vision
Facts about the surgery -
- Practically painless procedure done under numbing drops
- Short surgery time as well as recovery time
- No use of stitches
- Reduced dependency on glasses and contact lenses
- Better vision as compared to vision through high power glasses
- Minimum age to opt for the procedure is 18 years
LASIK in Presbyopia or Presbylasik:
The surgery can also be opted for individuals who suffer from presbyopia, which is long-sightedness brought on by the loss of flexibility of the eye lens, and usually occurs in individuals in their middle and old age. The condition renders individuals with the inability to focus on objects that are close by, leading to difficulty in reading smaller prints or doing chores close up.
In Presbylasik or Multifocal LASIK different power zones are created for seeing at varying distances - near , intermediate and distance vision.Consulting a doctor is best as he or she can help you to decide on the right course of action.
Related Tip: 4 Tips for a Great Eyesight