Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
STDs or sexually transmitted diseases refer to medical conditions that are contracted through engaging in sexual acts with a person who has an STD. These diseases spread though sexual activities that involve the penis, vagina, mouth or anus and occur commonly among those who are sexually active, especially with multiple partners.
STDs are usually severe conditions that require proper medical diagnosis and treatment. The kind of treatment method used depends on the nature of the condition.
The important thing to understand and know is that these STDs can be prevented.
3 ways of preventing STDS are:
- Practice safe sex: Use a latex condom every time you have sex and use a water-based lubricant. If your sex life involves intercourse, anal or vaginal, make up your mind to never have sex without a condom. If you or your partner is at a high risk of STDs, be consistent about barrier use during oral sex as well. Avoid sharing towels or underclothing to reduce the risk of an STD. Check the expiration date of the condom and make sure that it has an air bubble, which shows it has not been punctured. Dispose the condom properly and never reuse it.
- Don't drink alcohol or use drugs before sex: It's impossible to make responsible choices about your sex life under the influence of drugs or alcohol. When you are under the influence of any one of them, you are not in your mind and are likelier to choose a partner you wouldn't have picked otherwise. In that case, you may be at a higher risk of contracting an STD. Also, if you are on birth control pills and you vomit, the pills could lose some effectiveness.
- Precautions before sex: There are some things you can do to reduce your risk of contracting STDs before sex. This include limiting the number of sexual partners, talking honestly with partners about your sexual history, getting tested, along with your partner, before having sex, getting timely vaccination against HPV and HBV. If you have been diagnosed with an STD you should tell your partner about it and also explicitly ask your partner about the same.
I have small vaginal opening due to which we cant do intercourse successfully. Please let me know about use of dilators or other means to widen the vaginal opening.
My Ige level is very high that is 1165 I want to reduce my allergy I am taking medicines but I don't think so it's working. So suggest me some home remedies so that I can completely get out of it pls. And even I get severe pain in my middle fingers of my hands. The pain is really. Disgusting I just feel like to break my finger. Pls help me.
I am 25 years old girl. This monts my periods get late 10 days and not start till now. I dont have sex so this is not a cause. So can you help me to what I do get start?
My periods are delaying last it has come on 22 Nov n lasts up to 27 Nov but now oits 2 Jan its delaying .I don't know why m not even married or indulge any sex stuff still today o got pain in my stomach as I got during periods but periods still doesn't come.
I had c section 2 moths back but still have severe back pain & knees pain & my belly button is still protruded. What can I do?
I am 17 years old. And I experience a lot of pain during my menstrual. I don't know the cure. I even get vomits during that and fatigue as well. please help me.
Hey. I did sex with my girlfriend on 3rd day of her period and ejaculated outside ,and sex without condom and its benn 1 month 5 days and she didn't get her periods back. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Impetigo is a disorder caused by bacterial infection resulting in sores and blisters. It usually occurs more in children and less in adults. It is characterized by red sores filled with fluid, along with yellowish brown crusts. It is contagious in nature and may spread via sharing sheets, clothing and towels.
Impetigo may be classified as:
- Bullous impetigo: This type usually occurs in children below two years of age. The body, arms and the legs are the areas where the symptoms first appear.
- Impetigo contagiosa:This form of impetigo usually appears near the mouth and the nose. The rashes are not usually painful but may be itchy. After the blisters burst, they leave red rashes.
- Ecthyma: This is a form of impetigo that affects the second layer of the skin. The blisters may turn into open sores or ulcers. It may also lead to swollen lymph nodes.
The symptoms of impetigo are:
- You may have small red spots that turn to blisters
- The blisters emit fluid
- The blisters may increase in number
In addition to the above symptoms, you may experience swollen lymph nodes and skin lesions.
This disease is caused by strep or staph bacteria. The bacteria enter the body through other skin conditions such as insect bites, eczema, burns and poison ivy. It may also be triggered by irritation of the skin. The likelihood of contracting impetigo increases if you have allergies.
It may also occur if you come in contact with an affected person. Sharing personal items such as bedding, towels or comb may lead to symptoms of impetigo. If you have dermatitis, diabetes or have a weak immune system then you are prone to impetigo. The disease is treated with antibiotics. Mild symptoms of impetigo may be treated by following basic hygiene practices.