Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Annapoorna A Kalia
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Annapoorna A KaliaYour feedback matters!
My age is 37 and I am not a alcoholic. My HDL cholesterol is 36 and LDL cholesterol 202. please suggest me some tips.
Why bending over to pick up something make my heartbeat fast? I'm over weight and not doing any exercise. Not exercising cause this problem?
Are you experiencing irregular and fluctuating heartbeats? Is your heartbeat too fast or too slow? If yes, then it signifies that you are suffering from arrhythmias or abnormal heart rhythms. This is a disorder which affects the heart rate or heart rhythm and the heartbeat becomes irregular.
Causes of abnormal heart rhythms
Arrhythmias occurs due to problems with the electrical conduction system of the heart. In this case, abnormal signals might occur; the electrical signals might get blocked or slowed down, or the electric signals may travel in different paths throughout the heart. Abnormal heartbeats are commonly caused by the following:
- Abnormal potassium levels in the body
- Heart attacks or due to a damaged heart muscle, owing to a previous heart attack
- Inborn heart diseases
- Cases of an enlarged heart and heart failure
- Overreaction of the thyroid gland
- Several other substances or medicines may lead to arrhythmias, such as alcohol, stimulant drugs, caffeine, nicotine, and antidepressant medicines or blood pressure medicines.
Diagnosis of abnormal heart rhythms
For the diagnosis of arrhythmias, your doctor will use a stethoscope to listen to your heartbeat. Several health monitoring devices are used to detect abnormal heart rhythms. These include the Holter monitor and the event monitor, or a loop recorder.
Other diagnosis tests which are required to be carried out include coronary angiography, ECG or electrocardiogram, and an echocardiogram. A test known as an electrophysiology can be undertaken for getting a closer look at the electrical system of the heart.
Treatment for abnormal heart rhythms
When a case of arrhythmias is severe, urgent treatment is required for restoring the heart’s rhythm to normal. The different forms of treatment are as follows:
- Electrical shock therapy such as defibrillation or cardioversion
- Implanting of a heart pacemaker for a short term
- Certain medications which are given through the veins or orally
- A group of medicines known as anti-arrhythmic drugs is used for the prevention of recurrence of the condition and to keep the heart rate from fluctuating continually.
- Cardiac ablation may be carried out for destroying some areas in the heart from where the rhythm problems are caused.
- An implantable cardiac defibrillator is used in people who are at a risk of facing cardiac death.
In case you experience abnormal heart rhythm, you must consult a doctor immediately. You should only start taking medicines and follow a treatment after it has been recommended by a doctor.
My blood pressure is always 130/90. It is normal or not. Morning time its 120/80 and after meal its 130/90. Is it normal or want to go to the doctor?
My stomach is coming out from regular size, does not clear stomach regularly. Blood pressure is 140/88 and pulse rate is 95. Need help to resize my belly and to clear my stomach regularly and also to control BP. I also have fatty liver.
My wife, who is 50 in age is suffering from high pulse rate problem. Her pulse reaches to 110 any time without any reason. Even it happens in the morning when she gets up. Is it a serious problem heart related? Should I contact a good cardiologist? Please advice.
I have high Triglyceride, high cholesterol, high ldl, high bilirubin, high sgot, very high sgpt. What's causing heart palpitations, and high blood pressure?
I am 18 years old and I got checked from doctor and found that my blood pressure is increased. Upper is 180 and lower is 88. please suggest any method to control it. I don't want to eat any medicine to control blood pressure I only want natural remedy.
Hi My cholesterol level is high, I am taking medicines and precautions. How much time will it take to become normal.
1) maintain your healthy weight. If overweight then reduce your weight
2) control cholesterol - avoid fatty. Fried foods, junk food, cold drink.
Reduce trans fat, sugar, salt
3) manage blood pressure in range
4) do regular exercise, walk instead of driving always choose stairs instead of using elevators.
5) stop smoking
6) maintain blood sugar
7) eat healthy and nutrition diet rich in fruits and vegetables
8) try to reduce the portion size of unhealthy food and increase the size of healthy food.
9) eat fibre rich grains
10) if you drink alcohol, do so in moderation. This means an average of one to two drinks per day for men and one drink per day for women. (a drink is one 12 oz. Beer, 4 oz. Of wine, 1.5 oz. Of 80-proof spirits, or 1 oz. Of 100-proof spirits.)
Drinking more alcohol increases such dangers as alcoholism, high blood pressure, obesity, stroke, breast cancer, suicide and accidents.