Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali WaghYour feedback matters!
ADHD or Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder refers to those psychological disorders, which significantly alter a child's behavior and considerably affects his or her relationships with others. This condition is seldom preceded by perceptible symptoms and even when they do, they are difficult to decipher. However some of them are:
- Self-centered: Those children who suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome tend to be encapsulated in their own subjectivity. Though this does seem harmless apparently, this tendency may lead them to be insensitive to other's needs and wants.
- Emotional outbursts: ADHD makes children extremely susceptible to frequent emotional outbursts and makes them erratic.
- Difficulty in concentration: Children who suffer from ADHD face extreme difficulty in concentrating or focusing on things. Many a times they fail to repeat what was told to them.
There might be several causes which can contribute to the development of this disorder. Some of them are:
- A drastic change in the child's lives: A sudden or a drastic change like the divorce of parents may severely affect the child and maim him emotionally. This may lead to the development of this disorder.
- Depression: Though always associated with adults, depression can be and is common among children as well. In such instances, a consequent development of ADHD is highly plausible.
- Bipolar disorder: Bipolar disorder refers to excessive and incomprehensible mood swings. Many children suffer from it in their early lives, making them susceptible to ADHD.
Notwithstanding the ambiguity and the erratic nature of the disorder, there might be preventive measures which parents might adopt to deter the outbreak of the disorder. Some of them are:
- Less use of preservatives: Parents must be careful about what their children eat. Those foods which contain a certain amount of preservatives tend to aggravate the disorder thereby causing more harm than good.
- Consider alternative forms of medications: Another way of dealing with this problem is by exploring other forms of medications and not sticking to one form. In this respect, practicing yoga may be very beneficial.
Respected madam, I have a 3-year old son. The way he behaves make us feel unhappy. I tried to jot some of his activities. 1. If there is stick, he will take the stick and beat the tv, person in front of him. 2. If his mom is drying her hair, he will just pull it to the extreme extent. 3. If his mom is drying clothes, he will pull them and spread them in floor. 4. If he gets some water, he will not drink; instead he will pour it where it is necessarily unwanted. 5. All our goods are kept above 3.5 feet. He takes stool, climbs over it, and takes the things and does some nuisance. 6. If we ask him to keep the utensil in the kitchen, he will throw it in the sink. We never do such activities at home. 7. If we give him colors for painting in drawing book, he will tear the book, and then paint on his body, in wall, where it is not acceptable. 8. If we scold him, he will cry till he vomits. Every time we scold him, it ends with cleaning of vomits. 9. Whatever we say? not to do, he will? definitely do it first. 10. He never listens to us. 11. He behaves very badly. 12. He never sits at one place. 13. We started brushing his teeth after 2 years. Now he is 3 years, still he doesn? t allow us to smoothly clean his teeth, tongue and gums. 14. For every bit of work, we need to overdo to get the result. 15. He is never easy going whatever may be his mood. 16. He never allows me to go to the office. He cries till now. Other cries only for a week. 17. She becomes tired looking after him. Our life is getting spoiled. 18. He irritates a lot. He becomes happy when seeing the irritated face of other. 19. If some body cries in front of him out of pain, he never see it, and feel it. Instead he just carry on with his unfruitful work. 20. If some call comes in mobile, or we need to call somebody, he will take the phone and do some nuisance. I need your help.
She is taking milk from bottle since birth. She was properly sucking the bottle's nipple. But as she turned 1. She started holding bottle by herself and slowly stopped sucking the bottle's nipple. Now the stage is. She holds the bottle for 1 hour in her mouth and doesn't drinks even 30 ml of milk from that bottle. How should I again train her to suck the nipple. Please help.
Diet plan for DM and HTN
Food should be distributed into small frequent feeds. The days requirement should be well distributed between the different meals. Skipping a meal or fasting is not really advisable.
As far as possible, the patient should maintain ideal body weight. Considering the height, weight, activity, age and sex of the individual the days calorie requirement can be calculated. Of the total calories 55-65% should come from cho's 15-20% from protein and the remaining 15-20% from fats.
General instructions to be followed:
Different cereals contain almost the same amount of cho and so the quantity of cereal consumed should be noted rather than the type consumed.
Whole grain cereals are better, preferred for their fibre content and satiety value.
Rice gruel if consumed, should be done so by discarding the rice water, and adding hot water.
When consuming wheat porridge, it is better to have it with pulses than using coconut milk in it.
Include whole pulses in the diet, soya products help to reduce cholesterol. Sprouted pulses are more nutrious.
Fish can be included in the diet, in the curry form. Fried fish is the best avoided. Shell fishes like prawns, lobsters etc should be avoided.
Poultry (without skin) can be used occasionally. Beef, pork, mutton, liver etc should be avoided by cardiac patients. Trim off excess fat (if any) before cooking.
Egg yolk has to be avoided by individuals with hyperlipidemia.
Milk and its products need not to be used more than 400 ml/ day. Use skimmed milk whenever possible, otherwise cream has to be removed before consumption.
Root vegetable like tapioca, yam, potato, colocasia etc are better avoided and if used, should be in moderation instead of cereals.
Include more vegetables (esp. Raw salads and green leafy vegetables) in your diet, as it is rich in fibre which in turn helps to reduce blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Raw salads with sprouted pulses enhances the nutrient composition.
Fruits are restricted for diabetics and preferably should be consumed as such than having it in the form of juice. Select low calorie fruits from exchange list.
Cardiac and hypertensive patients can take 3-4 servings of fruits. Whenever possible consume fruits with edible skins eg. Apple. Guava etc.
Use of coconut and its products must be minimized.
Cardiac patients need not restrict the intake of tender coconut water, whereas diabetes can only use it occasionally.
It is better to avoid nuts like badam, peanuts, cashew nuts etc. But occasionally can be used in restricted amounts instead of some other food items so that the calories remain unchanged.
Sugar and sweet should be avoided by diabetic patients. Low calorie sweeteners can be used in moderation as substitutes for sugar, honey, sweets etc. Cardiac and hypertensive patients should minimize their intake of sugar and sweets.
Garlic, curry leaves, fenugreek seeds cluster beans, oatbran etc have blood sugar and cholesterol loosing efforts. Ginger, foods in rich with vit- e and b carotene reduces the risk of cardiac diseases.
Alcohol intake injurious to health, 1 ml of alcohol contains 7 calories. Alcohol can cause hypoglyemia and can increase triglycerides which can be harmful for the heart.
Cooking oil used should be minimized and may be restricted to 10-15 ml/day. (2-3 tsp). Use cooking methods that require little or no fat. Hidden fat in bakery products and snacks should also be taken into account.
Preferably use a combination of cooking oils like sesame. Ground nut, sunflower, rice bran, corn oil etc. Use of coconut and palm oil should be maintained at minimum levels.
Dinner should be enjoyed two hours before retiring. At bed time either diluted milk of fruit can be consumed.
Include foods from all the different food groups and thus consume a balanced diet.
Regular exercise is most useful but physical strain after a meal should be avoided.
Free foods (can be included liberally)
Thin buttermilk, unsweetened lime juice, jeera water, fenugreek water, raw vegetable salads made of low calorie vegetables, plain clear soups etc.
Foods to be used in moderation.
Cereals, pulses, dhals, egg white, fish, chicken (skinned) milk and milk products, fruits, coconut, oil etc.
Foods to be avoided by diabetics.
Sugar, honey, jaggery, glucose and sweets of all varieties like cake, pastries, jams, jelly, sweetened drinks etc.
Roots and tubers like potato, tapioca, yam etc
Butter, ghee, dalda and fried preparations.
Horlicks, bournvita, boost etc
Fruits like jackfruit, banana, mango, sapota etc.
Dry fruits and nuts
Barley water, rice water etc.
Cholesterol rich foods (to be avoided by cardiac patients)
Whole milk and milk products
Shellfishes like prawn, crab, lobster etc.
Organ meats like kidney, liver, brain etc.
Chicken, duck with skin.
Sweet like pastries, ice creams etc.
Butter, ghee, dalda, coconut oil, palmoil
Fried foods like vada, chips, pappads, samosa etc.
Alcoholic drinks, creams soups etc.
Fiber rich foods
Whole wheat, parboiled, sago, oats etc.
Fenugreek and sesame foods
Vegetables and fruits (with skin)
Fresh coconut etc.
Sodium rich foods (to be avoided by hypertensive patients)
Salt (avoid extra salt in food and table)
Baking powder, baking soda, ajinomoto etc
Bakery products like biscuits, cakes, pastries, chocolates, bread, bun etc.
Salted chips, nuts, popcorn etc
Pappads, pickles, dried fish etc
Canned and salt preserved foods
Sauces, soup cubes
Sausages, lobsters, meat and yeast extracts
Readymade foods like cornflakes, noodles, fast foods etc.
Proprietary drinks eg. Horlicks, complan, bournvita etc
My six year old boy child go to potty when come potty with blood and some body part see out his way of potty. What are medicine and ciplactin syrup given.
Muje 6 months se left eye ke vision me ek black point dikhai de rha hai, mene private doctor se tratment bhi liya, but koi asar nbi hua, and meri aankho ke number bhi badb rhe h. Har 6 months to 1 year mai meri aankho ke number change ho jate h. Kya ye koi bimari hai, muje kya karna chaiye?
What about" neurocetam 800" 3 times a day to a 10 year old child with 50 kg weight. To stop cerebeller ataxia to grow more. Is this medicine is having side effects of nervousness and depression also wt gain. Is it ok to give or not?
Hi, my son is 1 year and 1 month. Till 1 year he had food with out any problem. But last 10days he refused to eat some types of food like rice. He s earing rava upma and wheat bread in a good amount. What food I can give it to him. Is it good to eat wheat breads. I m still feeding my milk during night.
My baby is two and half years old. I am using ceruklin in his ear to remove the waste. But not succeeded. It is increasing. He removes my hand when I try with johnson bud during sleeping. please suggest what should I try to solve this issue.
My son is 5 years old. Frequently he get cold when season changes or when ice creams taken. Recently he got eye allergy and found long site problem. Suggest for further for reducing this problem.
Hello. I'm 24 years old and I have given birth to 2 months baby girl. Still I'm under weight 40 kg. Done with C section only. I'm vegetarian too. Need to put on weight.
My newborn son is 12 days old and he rarely burps after breast feeding and spills milk sometimes. I am really worried if its fine. He also has jaundice (8.9 when last checked on 8th day) and doc has said it will go on its own on 20th day. Shall I be avoiding certain foods or my daily massage that my midwife gives? Doc has also suggested not to apply nothing on his skin but he is having little pimples on his face.
My Daughter has just turned 22 months and there are no signs of speaking words as yet. She plays on bed and on floor and sometimes looks at pictures in her rhymes book while at other times, watches rhymes on TV/Phone. She eats all her meals well. What is the normal age at which a child starts uttering words?
My baby was born premature at 32 weeks and had sepsis. She is now 1.y months old. The OAE screen has come refer twice however the baby responds to sounds of rattles and music when she cries and we use rate she goes quite. Please suggest if she has hearing issues.
My son was given the first dose of rotasure. But the second one on 10 week was not given as rotasure is not available in bangalore. What do I do now? The dose was due on 12th nov.
My niece is 4 month years old .she is on breastfeeding. Can we start giving her juices and extra items .if yes then suggest some items for her. If no. What's the right time.
Worms are intestinal parasites, which infest human beings and in addition some animals like dogs, cats and so forth. The most common are roundworms, stick worm, tape worm and snare worms. However, here are a few homoeopathic cures for the same:
- Cina [Cina]: For the patient who is irritable, crabby, has a wiped out pale face with circles under the eyes, grinds the teeth around evening time and has convulsions. There is canine appetite or variable hunger. The kid picks his nose and shouts out in his sleep. They tend to twitch their hands and feet and have milky urine. A detectable symptom is a pale blue shading around the mouth.
- Santonine. [Sant]: The alkaloid of Cina is additionally a solution for round worms. It is not a protected cure as Cina and not anymore adequate.
- Caladium [Calad]: Very effective when worms go over the perineum and get into the vagina in young ladies, with the tendency to excite arousal.
- Teucrium. [Teucr]: It is the solution for ascarids or pinworms. There is much disturbance brought about by them in the rectum. Although, it once in a while flops in this condition. Another solution for stick worms is Sinapis nigra.
- Pigelia. [Spig]: student jolting with the paleness of the face, blue circles around the eyes, blackout, sickened feeling with nauseated feeling about the navel brought on by the nearness of worms, shows the need of Spigelia. It has stools comprising of bodily fluid, faces and worms. Put a pinch on a cloth and breathe in till the time shivering and convulsions from the worms stop.
- Ignatia [Ign]: Is effective where the kid is highly energised and has tickling and itching at the butt.
- Indigo [Indg]: Is a solution for ascarids or string worms in melancholic youngsters, with extreme pain in the umbilical locale as well as convulsions from the worms.
- Sabadilla [Sabad]: For those who have worm symptoms like nausea, heaving and colic.
- Stannum. [Stann]: Stannum so stuns the worms that they are easily dislodged by laxatives. It has many worms’ symptoms including pale indented face and eyes encircled by blue rings, Sluggish smell, unpleasing odour, bad breath and inactive fever. Stannum is very helpful in this case.
- Calcarea [Calc]: Calcarea is a very effective remedy to get rid of ringworms as it kills them and they pass through the stool.
- Cuprum oxydatum nigrum. [Cupr-o]: This cure will expel a wide range of worms, cure trichinosis, and even tapeworms. One small cap in addition with Nux vomica four or five times each day for four to six weeks, which dependably promises to cure tapeworm without bringing on the patient any discomfort whatsoever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.