Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali KariYour feedback matters!
Infertility is a cause for concern. Nevertheless, for a substantial percentage of men and women with reproductive disorders, adopting changes in lifestyle, healthy exercise and dietary habits, reducing stress levels along with appropriate herbal supplementation can help overcome infertility.
It is pretty tough to try and conceive when you do not even desire to make love. If you find that you sex life is lacking spark, you may need to consider herbs that have been found to increase sexual desire. These herbs promote healthy circulation to the reproductive organs.
1. Damiana dried leaves and stems (Turnera diffusa):-
A female aphrodesiac, damiana has been used for centuries to help increase circulation to the reproductive system as well as increase sexual pleasure.
2. Epimedium also known as Horny goat weed or Yin Yang Huo (Epimedium grandiflorum):-
A wonderful all-natural substitute for Viagra, horny goat weed has been known to increase male virility and give men longer and harder erections.
3. Maca root (Lepidium meyenii):-
Increase sexual desire in both men and women by increasing blood flow to the pelvic region; increasing vaginal secretions in women and enhancing testosterone levels in men.
4. Muira Puama bark and root (Ptychopetalum olacoides):-
Shown to support healthy erection and male fertility. Increases libido in men.
5. Saffron stigma and styles (Crocus sativus):-
Used by the ancient Egyptians to increase their sex drive, Saffron is a powerful herb that works to increase blood flow to the pelvic area, which ultimately boosts sexual feelings in both sexes. Very expensive, yet said to be very effective.
6. Tribulus, aerial parts and fruit (Tribulus terrestris):-
A great uro-genital tonic, Tribulus works in both men and women. How? It helps to raise sexual energy and supports a larger, harder erection of the penis by enhancing circulation and blow flow to the area. Overall fertility tonic for male and female reproductive system.
7. Vitex, Chaste tree berry, (Vitex agnus-castus):-
Known as an all-around female reproductive enhancer, Vitex has been used to treat many female issues, including lethargic libido. Able to increase circulation to the genitals, Vitex will also increase vaginal mucus to enhance sexual sensation and improve a woman’s energy levels.
8. Yohimbe bark (Pausinystalia yohimbe):-
Supports healthy circulation to the male reproductive organs. Yohimbe has been shown to help sustain erection and may help to make erection firmer. This herb also supports healthy libido.
My period is late by two weeks, and I have done pregnancy test also it was negative, my period date is 1 july but it not came and on 9 july there was brown discharge lightly, back pain is also to much, and abdominal pain is also little bit. Whats the reason of late period if pregnancy test is negative? Please help me.
I am 21 and my gf is 20 .3 days back we cuddled and there was precum on my penis .i think I touched it before I started fingering here .can it cause pregnancy? She is supposed to get her periods around 15th feb. Today she had a thick creamy vaginal discharge .i read precum contains some sperm from previous ejaculation but I masturbated 3 days before that incident even urinated before I fingered her. Can she still get pregnant?
I had my puberty first in 2012. And now it's 2016. But I don't get my periods on date. Sometimes they cross 2 to 3 months. And since the last few 3 months I'm not having my periods and instead of that I just keep on getting pain in my lower stomach. Please help.;(
I had unprotected sex day before. And post thatbi started taking freewil for past two days. My last periods was on 9th of this month I have pcos too I got ipill 21 days and overall today. Should I take them instead of freewil? Or jus continue the tablet. Is there risk of pregnancy?
Me an my gf have an unprotected sex but I am quit sure I didn't cum inside her it WS jus foreplay but not sure abo precum so I gv her ipill with in 6 days she got withdrawal bleed but just light. We hv unprotected sex on the 10 th of last month she WS exp her periods on 25 of that month but on 16th she HV withdrawal bleed an after that she had her regular periods following to withdrawal bleed its been month since she is now having abdomen pain an yellowish urine. Is it possible she is pregnant can abdomen pain relate to pregnancy. She is rt now on college trip an it might be infection due to unhygienic food can it be so air can she be pregnant please help.
Whenever I do romance and oral sex. I underwent through severe pain in my lower stomach. Now I am afraid to get excited. please tell me the reasons and solutions as well.
Sexual frustration is very common and almost everyone experience it at some point in their lives. Sexual frustration can occur because of a lack of having a sexual partner or having a partner with whom you cannot fully sexually express yourself. Sometimes, having a partner who doesn't understand your sexual needs can become very frustrating. It is necessary to understand the root cause of this problem and take help to feel better.
How can you deal with sexual frustration?
- Masturbation: It is safe, healthy and makes you aware of your pleasure points. Masturbation is considered a taboo and is frowned upon in many societies. You will have to work on this and try and try to overcome this. Sexual frustration can also build up due to the lack of achieving an orgasm. By masturbating daily, one can release endorphins in the body. Endorphins are a chemical which act as a natural stress buster and thus can ease the levels of anxiety and stress. Achieving an orgasm through masturbation can also release chemicals like oxytocin and dopamine which help you to relax your muscles.
- Accept yourself: Sexual frustration can also arise because of low self confidence of your body. Many men and women think that they might not get a sexual partner because they are unlovable, unworthy or unattractive. Learn to accept yourself so that you can reduce sexual frustration. Surround yourself with people who care for you and make you feel positive. Stop feeling guilty of your body image and learn to love yourself the way you are.
- Stop focusing on orgasms: Many times we concentrate way too much on achieving an orgasm and thus, we become depressed when we fail to achieve one. Try to focus on other things and try to enjoy the intercourse rather than being fixated on achieving an orgasm.
- Take professional help: Sometimes sexual frustration can occur from anxiety, stress and depression. A history of sexual abuse can also restrict you from enjoying it with your partner which results to sexual frustration. Booking an appointment with a sex therapist or a counselor can help you reduce depression and combat sexual frustration. Thus, don’t be afraid or feel inhibitions in seeking professional help.
- Experiment more: If you have been in a relationship with your partner for a long time, it is possible that sex becomes less exciting and intense which leads to sexual frustration. It is important to experiment with sex to spice up your sex life. Try engaging in role play, erotic story-telling and light forms of titillation such as BDSM (Bondage, Dominance and Submission and Masochism) or other role playing techniques.
Diabetes is one of the most common problems that are caused by obesity, unhealthy and inactive lifestyle. It is a metabolic disorder in which the body is unable to store and use energy from food. Being physically inactive and eating unhealthy food are primary causes of diabetes. It is a long term condition, which causes high or unstable blood sugar levels in the body.
When a patient suffers from low blood sugar it is called Hypoglycemia and if the blood sugar levels are too high, it is called Hyperglycemia. Both are extremely harmful for a patient.
Type 1 and Type 2 and Gestational Diabetes:
In Type 1 diabetes, the body does not produce insulin. The condition has no known cure and is usually hereditary in nature. Approximately 10% of those suffering from diabetes have Type 1 diabetes. Patients with Type 1 diabetes have to take regular medication, including insulin injections as well as take care of their diet.
Type 2 diabetes happens when the body does not produce enough insulin for its proper functioning. 90% of all diabetic people suffer from Type 2 diabetes. It is usually caused by poor lifestyle choices, like physical inactivity and unhealthy food habits. The disease lasts a lifetime and is usually progressive in nature, but can be managed by taking regular medication, choosing an active lifestyle and maintaining proper body weight.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. This has to be managed by taking medication or in extreme cases insulin shots. If undetected or untreated, gestational diabetes increases complications during childbirth, and causes unusual weight gain in the baby. However, gestational diabetes usually ends after the baby is born and women can go back to their normal lifestyle and eating habits post delivery.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Frequent urination
- Extreme hunger or thirst
- Weight loss
- Problems with vision
- Tingling or numbness of the extremities.
- Unexplained fatigue
- Dry skin
- Cuts or sores that heal slowly
- High number of infections
Who is at greatest risk for developing diabetes?
- are 45 or over
- are overweight
- are habitually physically inactive
- have previously been identified as having IFG (impaired fasting glucose) or IGT (impaired glucose tolerance)
- have a family history of diabetes
- are members of certain ethnic groups (including Asian American, African American, Hispanic American, and Native American)
- have had gestational diabetes or have given birth to a child weighing more than 9 pounds
- have elevated blood pressure
- have an HDL cholesterol level (the good cholesterol) below 35 mg/dl and/or a triglyceride level above 250 mg/dl
- have polycystic ovary syndrome
- have a history of vascular disease
What is pre-diabetes?
Pre-diabetes is a condition of elevated blood glucose level that has not yet reached a diabetic level. Along with insulin resistance, pre-diabetes causes no symptoms. An individual may be pre-diabetic for years without knowing it. Pre-diabetes increases your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Weight loss and exercise may halt the onset of diabetes from pre-diabetes by returning blood glucose levels to a normal range.
Hi I am 26 years old. This time my periods delayed by 45 days. My usg done. There is poly cystic ovaries. Bt I haven' t any symptoms of pcos. Except sometimes delaying menses. My glucose level is normal
Hello Dr. please tell me what's the reason of etopic pregnancy I was etopic 2012 what was the reason & after etopic how long time to conceive because I can't conceive n very much problem for me.
Our body and brain experience a considerable number of changes as we age. These are both physical and mental and influence each part of our lives. One zone where you will notice a huge distinction due to coming of age is sexuality and your sexual performance. Men and women will both undergo changes happening inside their bodies. For men, erectile dysfunction (ED) will turn out to be more normal. One may free the capacity to get and keep up an erection amid sex or find that his erection is not as hard as it used to be when he was young.
Stamina in bed is also likely to go down, and you might last much less than before. Women may feel libido loss and loss of sexual longing and dryness in the vagina. The vagina tends to get narrower with old age, and its walls become thin and stiff.
Sexual problems and decreased interest or performance spirit due to age happen because of the following factors:
- Arthritis: Joint aches and pain because of arthritis make you unable to be comfortable performing sex. Rest, showers, and changing the position or timing of sexual activity can be useful. Medicines or a surgery will help you get rid of this pain.
- Pain of any kind: Lasting pain of any nature affects your sexual performance. With old age, the body experiences pain due to different reasons and these hamper your sexual life. Medicines for these pains sometimes have side effects, which affect your sexual health.
- Cardiac diseases: Narrowing and solidifying of your arteries can change the blood vessels. This does not allow blood to flow smoothly. Men and women may have issues with having an orgasm. Men may experience difficulty with erections. When your heart is not working properly, you will never be able to perform in bed normally.
- Dementia: Dementia affected people become more sexually interested, but they cannot judge the nature of sexual behavior. Dementia patients lose all kinds of normal senses, but still tend to be sexually attracted to women.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is common among aged people. Diabetes affects your sex life and ED may be caused. Medical measures might fix this disorder. Diabetes inflicted women are likely to get yeast infections in the vagina. This causes irritation and you normally would not have the longing for sex.
Ageing may affect your sexual life and health in many ways, and you cannot change most of the factors.
A number of problems when contracted can affect your life and the life of your partner, especially problems which are related to your physical relationship. Premature ejaculation is one such problem and it refers to the inability to retain the erection until the end of the intercourse and usually happens when the male ends up ejaculating sooner than planned or immediately upon penetration. Premature ejaculation is a condition that many men suffer due to the advancement of age as well as low pelvic strength and other ailments. Also, it can be caused due to stress and panic regarding one's performance. Whatever be the cause, it is an embarrassing situation that calls for help if it persists for too long. Here are a few tips to ensure that you gain better control over premature ejaculation.
- Deep breathing Exercise: Sometimes, too much of excitement can lead to a variety of problems including premature ejaculation. If this becomes a normal occurrence, you can try practicing deep breathing during the act of sex to calm yourself down and slow down the frenzy so that you are more attuned to your surroundings and partner rather than yourself and the panic you may be feeling. Taking deep and slow gulps of air can ensure that you focus on the act rather than getting caught up in the excitement.
- Medications: there are broadly two kinds of medical treatments - local application anaesthetic gels that numb the area around the tip of penis and tablets that prolong ejaculation time. One needs to consult a sexologist, psychiatrist or a urologist to know more about them.
- Stop and Start: This is a method that many sexologists recommend. The stop and start method is one that will have to be practiced individually so that you are able to retain more control over your ejaculation when you are with your partner. Basically, in this method, you are required to start the process of masturbation and stop just short of ejaculation. After doing this several times and on a regular basis, you will find that your brain reacts in the same way when you are having intercourse, which will delay the ejaculation to a normal period.
- Kegel: If you thought that kegel exercises are only for women, then you need to think again. Premature ejaculation also signifies low pelvic strength for many cases and you would do well to invest time in a few exercises like the kegel, which will build up your pelvic strength so that you are able to control premature ejaculation in a better way.
Persistent problems that are not fixed with these methods should be addressed with a consult to a doctor.