Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali GupteYour feedback matters!
My last period was September 27th and regular period of 28 days. Its my 29th day. Still I didn't get my periods. I have pain on my lower abdomen and also around my naval. Am I pregnant or any issues?
How Homeopathic treatment takes place?
Hi doctor my wife has a regular period up to last month. Probable starting date was 26-feb-2015. In march she felt some symptoms but there's no bleeding. It is 1 April. She tested for pregnancy but the result was negative. So what the reason. What should we do now. Thanks
I am having itching problem in Vagina nd when I made relation with my husband then I felt very pain in my fallopian tubes. I am weak sexually please tell me how can I make strong sexually.
Hello doctor, again same thing happening with me as last time. My period is due. I have to get my periods on 4 may. V had our intercourse on 16 April nd alternative days till may 1 nd last month I got on 4 April. Last month I got my periods delay for 12 days. Nd taken test it was negative. Nd this tym also not got my periods. My periods usually 30 to 33 days. Cycle. So please suggest me till how many days I have to wait for my periods. Nd take pregnancy test. My weight is 61 kg. Having hypothyroid taking tab 62 mg thyronorm. Daily. M worried please suggest me.
Helo doctor. Is soon as kit is useful for me or not. I am a 20 yrs unmarried girl. But I m weak in looking. So that my friend advice me to take soon as kit (medicine) for secretion please give me advice and its side effect for me if it has?
In order to prevent HIV infection and AIDS immunocompromised, you need to have a good explanation and prophylactic referral information. Therefore, it is very important advice and explanation about AIDS. Although AIDS has been known for almost 30 years, the population is still large gaps on the subject, especially in relation to knowledge and the risks of HIV transmission. Relationships with adults infected with HIV is transmitted through blood, semen, and vaginal secretions . However, infection with the spread of airborne pathogens is not possible, as in the case of cold diseases.Therefore, the risk of infection by treatment with AIDS or infected with HIV is very low: Social contact in both work and personal lives, as handshakes, hugs and the like, is completely harmless. The same goes to say for the common use of cutlery, crockery, glasses, toilets or towels, also harmless. There is no evidence of increased risk of infection for people who share the same home or the patient environment. However, some precautions should always be taken into account, for example, do not share the toothbrush or razor, because in the case of injury to perform these functions there may be a small risk of infection. Intimate relationships hide itself a risk of infection, regardless of whether they are heterosexual or homosexual. The fundamental basis for reliable protection against HIV infection and AIDS remains the consistent use of condoms, that is, the safer sex . Safe sex: condoms protectThe basic rules for having a sex safe are blood, semen or vaginal secretions must not reach wounds or open areas of skin or mucosa of sexual partner. Therefore, it is important to use condoms , both anal and vaginal . No condoms, the risk of infection is high, since during intercourse always small lesions can occur. In the case of oral sex is important to prevent both sperm and vaginal secretions come in contact with the oral mucosa, lips or tongue of the couple. If these precautions are taken into account, they can keep sex without any problems. Add that kissing is also harmless. The condom is a widely used method of contraception among young people today. In a 2010 survey singles between 16 and 44 years, only one in ten said physical strength to use condoms; in 1989, the ratio was one in five respondents. This greater acceptance brings added one more advantage is that more and more people are protected and protect others from infection with HIV and other STDs. In 2009, seven out of ten respondents from a group between 16 and 20 years said carrying condoms. Among sexually active people, this increases even eight out of ten. More important than having the intention of having a practice safe sex is really using condoms. Between 2004 and 2009 amounted proportion (61 to 70%) of sexually active people (between 16 and 20 years) who always or very often used condoms. But also in the new relations plays an important role on safe sex : in 2010, 85% of men and 89% of women used condoms at the beginning of a new relationship.
Sir, my wife had tumour n got her ovary removed, she survived the complications, she is suffering from fine dust skin allergy (not tested but told by docs of GND university). I feel if someone or something could be of help to her. Kindly guide. Thank you.
Now i am suffering from constipation and bledding. A little pressure gives bledding. So during pregnancy which medicine should I take to take relief from constipation & bleeding.
Hi Me and my boyfriend had dry sex around 20 days back. I was naked and he was in his under garments. He rubbed his penis on my vagina with underwear on. He did no ejaculate. But my vaginal fluid made his underwear a bit wet. Since that day I have been facing white discharge. It has reduced via meds but not stopped. Am I pregnant?
I had sex after my period means next day when period is stop, and I take I pill also after that I got period another within six days after sex what it means am I regnant or not?
Pulmonary hypertension mainly occurs due to narrowing of the arteries of the lungs as a result of which the flow of blood is restricted. In this kind of condition, blood fails to carry oxygen to your heart and thus your heart gets adversely affected. The blood pressure of your body will get increased to a great extent if this situation remains untreated, thus leading to bdreadful consequenses, specifically situation like heart failure, serious pulmonary diseases, blood clots in lungs and congenial heart defects, etc.
There are certain forms of pulmonary hypertension, which are serious in nature and worsen with time, so much so that they are even fatal at times. It also includes forms which are non curable in nature, however, in order to improve the quality of life, symptoms can be reduced with proper treatment. The treatment for pulmonary hypertension is often complex and it takes some time to find the most appropriate treatment and requires extensive follow-up care. Your doctor might also need to change your treatment if it's no longer effective. However, when pulmonary hypertension is caused by another condition, your doctor will treat the underlying cause whenever possible.
Common Treatments for pulmonary hypertension:
- Blood vessel dilators (vasodilators): Vasodilators open narrowed blood vessels. They are one of the most commonly prescribed vasodilators for pulmonary hypertension is epoprostenol (Flolan, Veletri). The drawback to epoprostenol is that the effect lasts only for few minutes. This drug is continuously injected through an intravenous (IV) catheter via a small pump that you wear in a pack on your belt or shoulder.
- Ventavis: Another form of the drug, iloprost (Ventavis), can be inhaled six to nine times a day through a nebulizer, a machine that vaporizes your medication. Because it's inhaled, it goes directly to the lungs.
- Treprostinil (Tyvaso, Remodulin, Orenitram): It is another form of the drug, which can be given four times a day and can be inhaled or can be taken as an oral medication and can also be administered through injection.
- Endothelin receptor antagonists: These medications reverse the effect of endothelin, a substance in the walls of blood vessels that causes them to narrow. These drugs may improve your energy level and symptoms. However, these drugs shouldn't be taken if you're pregnant. Also, these drugs can damage your liver and you may need monthly liver monitoring.
- Sildenafil and tadalafil: Sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra) and tadalafil (Cialis, Adcirca) are sometimes used to treat pulmonary hypertension. These drugs work by opening the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow through more easily.
- High-dose calcium channel blockers: These drugs help relax the muscles in the walls of your blood vessels. They include medications, such as amlodipine (Norvasc), diltiazem (Cardizem, Tiazac, others) and nifedipine (Procardia, others). Although calcium channel blockers can be effective, only a small number of people with pulmonary hypertension respond to them.
- Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulator: Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulators (Adempas) interact with nitric oxide and help relax the pulmonary arteries and lower the pressure within the arteries. These medications should not be taken if you're pregnant. They can sometimes cause dizziness or nausea.
- Anticoagulants: Your doctor is likely to prescribe the anticoagulant warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven) to help prevent the formation of blood clots within the small pulmonary arteries. Because anticoagulants prevent normal blood coagulation, they increase your risk of bleeding complications. Take warfarin exactly as prescribed, because warfarin can cause severe side effects if taken incorrectly. If you're taking warfarin, your doctor will ask you to have periodic blood tests to check how well the drug is working. Many other drugs, herbal supplements and foods can interact with warfarin, so be sure your doctor knows all of the medications you're taking.
- Digoxin: Digoxin (Lanoxin) can help the heart beat stronger and pump more blood. It can help control the heart rate if you experience arrhythmias.
- Diuretics: Commonly known as water pills, these medications help eliminate excess fluid from your body. This reduces the amount of work your heart has to do. They may also be used to limit fluid buildup in your lungs.
- Oxygen: Your doctor might suggest that you sometimes breathe pure oxygen, a treatment known as oxygen therapy, to help treat pulmonary hypertension, especially if you live at a high altitude or have sleep apnea. Some people who have pulmonary hypertension eventually require continuous oxygen therapy.
- Atrial Septostomy: If medications don't control your pulmonary hypertension, this open heart surgery might be an option. In an atrial septostomy, a surgeon will create an opening between the upper left and right chambers of your heart (atria) to relieve the pressure on the right side of your heart.
- Lung Transplantation: In some cases, a lung or heart lung transplant might be an option, especially for younger people who have idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- The complications need to be reduced by taking proper health care. Healthy diet needs to be taken regularly along with proper medications. Smoking should be stopped and exercising sessions should be attended daily without any fail
- Overweight or obesity needs to be controlled properly for reducing the complications. Specialized caring strategies need to be maintained for avoiding severe kinds of health complications that are quite annoying.