Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anitha Shaikh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha ShaikhYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old women I got pregnant can I calculate my intercourse date please tell me the procedure.
Adenoidectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the adenoid. The adenoid is a lymphoid tissue which is present on the roof of the mouth; its role is to produce antibodies to protect the body against infections. Usually the adenoid lymphoid tissue diminish during your adolescence and disappear by the time you are an adult. Respiratory and throat infections that are chronic in nature, are the main causes of infection in the adenoid lymphoid tissue.
Adenoidectomy can be performed, one of any mentioned techniques:
- Curette technique
- Debrider assisted adenoidectomy
- Coblation assisted Adenoidctomy
Reason for the removal of adenoids
Throat infections that occur frequently can lead to the enlargement of the adenoid lymphoid tissue. When these lymphoid tissue become enlarged, it results in breathing problems and blockage of the Eustachian tubes. Blocked Eustachian tubes can cause infections in the ear which, in turn, causes severe hearing problems.
The surgical procedure is performed under general anesthesia in an outpatient mode. The removal of the adenoid lymphoid tissue takes place through the mouth. Initially, a small instrument is put inside the mouth to keep it open. After this, the adenoids are located in the mouth, following which they are scrapped off with a curette or by applying heat to the area by the process of diathermy (a technique to stimulate circulation by heating up a part of the body with the application of localized heat currents). Once the procedure is completed, you will be discharged on the same day.
Post-surgery, you may experience a sore throat for a few weeks. You must drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration. Keeping yourself hydrated also helps relieve symptoms of post-surgical pain, if any. Oily and spicy foods should also be avoided as it may cause pain inside the mouth. Applying ice can also relieve pain symptoms. However, don’t apply ice directly wrap it in a cloth and then apply it on the neck. Do not undertake any stressful or strenuous activity for 7-10 days post-surgery to further facilitate the recovery process. Post-surgery, the risks of throat and ear infections are greatly reduced. Breathing through the nose also becomes relatively easier.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
28 female. I missed my period since 8 days. Took home pregnancy test which was negative. Now I have nausea, stomach ache etc. Seen a gynac but she suggested to take susten100. I am worried. Kindly help.
I have some sexual interact with my gf but I didn't take any protection. According to this I didn't cum inside but till my gf want to take pill is that good for her?
My wife is pregnent 8 th month running, unfortunately she is affected oligohydramnious her water level is 5.8 cm please cater suggestion in this regard.
Hello Sir, My fsh is 16.50. Pap smear is normal. Dry vagina very pain during intercourse. Infection is coming frequently. Pain on left stomach after intercourse. Irregular periods. Mood swings. What to do.
I am 27 weeks pregnant for a mucoid discharge I am on progesteron 100mg bid,& devudilan 10mg/day from 10 days, now i am alright but suffering from sensitive and swollen gums from 2 days is it due to the effect of medicine? shall I continue them or stop? still 5 days course remaining.
my gf had unprotected sex on 13 th march and she had an ipill with in 24 hrs and on 20th we again had sex but we thought of condom broke and she again had ipill on 21th now her period should be on 25 th but it didn't come is there any chance of pregnancy?
With infertility on the rise due to various reasons, in-vitro fertilization is one of the most effective solutions. This is gaining wide acceptance across the society and medical fraternity. Read on to know more about why IVF and how it is done.
Causes of infertility:
Advanced maternal age: More and more women choosing education and career over marriage and family. There are many women who are not even thinking of having children up until their 30s. Biologically though, the quality of egg deteriorates with age, and women beyond 35 have difficulty conceiving naturally.
- Altered lifestyle including exposure to chemicals and pollutants, which has led to overall decline in the health of individuals.
- Societal changes like urbanization and formation of nuclear families
- Increased stressors in all spheres of life, which is affecting the quality of sperm and egg
- Lifestyle diseases including obesity, diabetes, and hypertension. These are becoming more prevalent in the younger age groups, and therefore infertility is on the rise in these groups.
- Lifestyle habits like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, etc., which are also poorly affecting fertility rates.
However, with all these, medical technology is also improving. For those who are faced with infertility due to the above issues, there is a lot of hope in terms of options like IVF which have provided a definitive solution to infertility.
Steps of IVF: By definition, in vitro fertilization is when the egg and sperm are fertilized or fused in a glass (vitro is for glass) and then implanted into the womb where it grows further.
- The first step is to induce ovulation. Fertility medicines are given and hormone levels are monitored to ensure egg release happens. Normally, the ovaries produce only one egg. However, with IVF, the ovary is made to produce multiple eggs, so that the chances of fertility is increased.
- The egg is then retrieved and moved into an incubator.
- Sperm sample is obtained either from the partner or a donor, and the healthiest sperm is chosen for fertilization. The sperm and the egg are then allowed to fertilize in the incubator
- A healthy fertilized embryo is then transferred into the womb. The woman is advised bedrest for about 1 to 2 days.
- Blocked fallopian tubes, which do not allow for the sperms to travel up to the uterus
- Advanced maternal age, women of more than 30 years of age, this is an effective option.
- Uterine scarring or endometriosis caused infertility can also be managed through IVF