Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Anita JosephYour feedback matters!
Sir one of my friends said me that I hv squint eye (strabismus) it's not even recognised by my parents or even my relatives. My friends says you had this problem some times. I also noticed some problems in the photographs of mine. Pls help anyone. I am mentally depressed. . One of friend is joking at me. How to make sure that I hv strabismus? Can it be overcome by any exercise? Or surgery needed?
My eye are red from half area. & head is very paining in working time. what should i do ? please advice
I am 23 years old female. Have been using contact lenses for 2 years. Now experiencing severe itching especially in the mornings. What is the medication for this allergy?
My three years old daughter have eye problem which may be squint or false squint........ I want to know about this issue , can you help me out of this?
I have pain ij my eyes daily morning while wakeup im getting pain in my both eyes because of what this happening.
Eye tends to start itching and water comes even just after using computer for 15 minutes. Am I ok? Or any thing abnormal?
I am 23 year male. I have been wearing spectacles from last 4 and hslf years. Recently I am facing little eye pain. What to do?
Have dry eyes and find it difficult on the computer, have been using GenTeal eye drops natural remedy suggest.
I have red eye for last 10 day and in evening I have fevers in very high and very dangers pain in my head I have take some medicine but no any response.
I am 35 male. and my eyes are too weak what should i do ? i am suffering from headache also . please advice
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.