Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Iyer
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anita IyerYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old my skin is so oily. How to cure it. It reacts so fast on moisture condition and sunlight and dirt. It becomes dark. Otherwise when I wash face it looks fair. My skin colour is dusky I think so. Please suggest me some remedies and some daily routine which can make me fair.
Hi Dr. Please suggest me any permanent solution for melasma. I have brown patches on my cheeks both side. I am suffering from last one year. Regards
Human hair, - while they're not a living part of your body, most people spend a good amount of time caring for their hair. The next time you're heading in for a haircut, think of these facts.
1. Facial hair grows faster than any other hair on the body. If you've ever had a covering of stubble on your face as you're clocking out at 5 o'clock you're probably pretty familiar with this. In fact, if the average man never shaved his beard it would grow to over 30 feet during his lifetime, longer than a killer whale.
2. Every day the average person loses 60-100 strands of hair. Unless you're already bald, chances are good that you're shedding pretty heavily on a daily basis. Your hair loss will vary in accordance with the season, pregnancy, illness, diet and age.
3. Women's hair is about half the diameter of men's hair. While it might sound strange, it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that men's hair should be coarser than that of women. Hair diameter also varies on average between races, making hair plugs on some men look especially obvious.
4. One human hair can support 3.5 ounces. That's about the weight of two full size candy bars, and with hundreds of thousands of hairs on the human head, makes the tale of rapunzel much more plausible.
5. There are as many hairs per square inch on your body as a chimpanzee. Humans are not quite the naked apes that we're made out to be. We have lots of hair, but on most of us it's not obvious as a majority of the hairs are too fine or light to be seen.
6. Blondes have more hair. They're said to have more fun, and they definitely have more hair. Hair color determines how dense the hair on your head is. The average human has 100, 000 hair follicles, each of which is capable of producing 20 individual hairs during a person's lifetime. Blondes average 146, 000 follicles while people with black hair tend to have about 110, 000 follicles. Those with brown hair fit the average with 100, 000 follicles and redheads have the least dense hair, with about 86, 000 follicles.
7. The lifespan of a human hair is 3 to 7 years on average. While you quite a few hairs each day, your hairs actually have a pretty long life providing they aren't subject to any trauma. Your hairs will likely get to see several different haircuts, styles, and even possibly decades before they fall out on their own.
8. You must lose over 50% of your scalp hairs before it is apparent to anyone. You lose hundreds of hairs a day but you'll have to lose a lot more before you or anyone else will notice. Half of the hairs on your pretty little head will have to disappear before your impending baldness will become obvious to all those around you.
9. Human hair is virtually indestructible. Aside from it's flammability, human hair decays at such a slow rate that it is practically non-dis-integrative. If you've ever wondered how your how clogs up your pipes so quick consider this: hair cannot be destroyed by cold, change of climate, water, or other natural forces and it is resistant to many kinds of acids and corrosive chemicals.