Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anita AlatkarYour feedback matters!
She has a severe pain in both sides of her breasts. Often it occurs. And it lasts for about 10 to 15 days.please advice
I'm 24 years old. After married I have no baby for two years. I have severe athletes foot infection for 8 years. Is it affect my pregnancy? And what I want to do for conceive soon?
Hello. I am 18 years old girl. I didn't get my periods this month. I had sex on around 3 June. Than I got my periods in July. I used protection while having sex. I am scared that I am pregnant. Is this possible? I had sex at 3 June during my periods. Pls help me..
I am suffering from pcod and hormonal imbalance. Due to which my periods are irregular. While on doctor 's medicines I get periods but they stop as soon as the medicine coarse is over. Last periods I got was in November 2016. Is pregnancy possible if I am not getting periods from last 5 months?
Hello doctor, I am 46 yr old female. First of all let me thank you for always solving my health issues, now I have problem of heavy bleeding during periods. And also clotting. I have observed itchy and burning around my vagina. I am divorcee and did not had sex since more than one year. But I experienced burning n dryness during sexual intercourse i. E one year ago. So I lost interest in it.
My daughter aged 18 years has PCOD, and due to this she is 90+ kg, is this problem curable, Now her periods are regular and she is taking walk and exercise daily along with swimming, kindly advice how to solve this?
I have unprotected sex with my wife 19 feb 2015. She had taken I pill(plan b) within 30 min. Her last period was 10 th feb she has got her period 14 th march which was 4 days late. It was lasts 3 days again she got her period 21st march which was lasts for 6 hrs but her 2nd period is missed due for 7 days she has taken 2 pregnancy test which came out negative. We are very scared is she pregnant? please help dr we are very scared. We did not made any sexual contact after 20th feb.
I am 46 years old and my wife is 39 years old. We are married for 1.5 years. Can we be parents? Please advise.
My wife is pregnant of 8 weeks according to sonography report doctor says that crl is 4. Is it good? Tell me in detail. Please.
She has white bleeding and she fearing that she has pregnancy. Is it real that she has coming pregnant.
I have never done sex with my girlfriend either she had. Now both want to do sex with each other before marriage, so what type of precaution should follow if we do not want baby this time. Please help us tell every step for precaution. Thanking you in advance.
Hiii doctor I want to know about the pregnancy test. My wyf had check thrice by prega news results was negative and yesterday she done blood test also that was also negative. So still is there any chances of pregnancy. Kindly help me out. Thanks Roshan.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a common infection in the female reproductive organs like the ovaries, the uterus and the fallopian tubes and also the inside of the pelvis. If left untreated for a long time, PID can lead to severe problems like pregnancy complications, infertility and cancer.
- Causes: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) like chlamydia and gonorrhea produce vaginal bacteria which travel to the interior organs and cause PID. Having unprotected sexual contact with someone who has an STD is the most common cause of PID. Moreover, medical processes like abortion, miscarriage, childbirth, insertion of contraceptive devices can also lead to bacterial infection. Having sex with a number of people, or having sex before the age of 20, or having had an STD in the past, also increase the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Symptoms: The disease may show only minor symptoms or it may not show any symptom at all. When it does, the common symptoms are pelvic pain, discomfort while urinating or having intercourse, difficulties with menstruation and unusual fluid discharge from the vagina.
- Associated symptoms: High fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, exhaustion, shivering and fainting.
- Diagnosis: A pelvic examination is conducted to check for abnormal bleeding from the cervix (the opening of the uterus), fluid discharge or severe pain in the uterus, fallopian tubes or in the ovaries. Swabs taken from the cervix and the vagina are tested for STDs or other possible bacterial infections that may cause PID. An ultrasound or a Computerized Tomography (CT) scan is conducted to make sure that the symptoms are not being caused by other disorders like appendicitis or other kinds of infection in the reproductive organs. A pregnancy test is also done to take the necessary precautions to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of the infection.
- Treatment: The treatment procedures of PID vary depending on the type of bacteria that caused the infection in the specific case. Antibiotic medication is used to treat the condition. In case of severe complications, the patient has to be hospitalized. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.