Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anita AlatkarYour feedback matters!
Hi. From last 5 years I am trying to pregnant but it not happened. When I went for check up they told me that your uterus is small as compare. So what should I do. Please suggest.
I am 18 years old suffering from stomach painva periods time a lot. I went to many Dr's but problem didn't solve so now I want to take your help what wikl you suggest.
My friend, she is not have periods yet? Is their any problem in delay of periods. This is the first time she had like this.
I'm a 24 year old girl having menstrual since 24 days. Taking ayurvedic medicines from 10 days not relaxed. Kindly advice me.
I am 27 years old Female I am suffering from diabetes last 4 years. From last 4 years I am insulin depended. Now I am pregnant from last 4 months. But my sugar level is not stable its to high.
Missing periods from 20 days. Negative is pregnancy test. Still is there any chance of getting Pregnancy? If yes what we need to do to prevent pregnancy?
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can get a lot of benefit by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal, but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise etc. can cause your period to delay. This is where tracking your cycle can help you finding the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the symptothermal method. By this way know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time, which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using symptothermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am unmarried 31 yrs old female. The duration of my cycle is decreasing and periods last for max 2 days that is worrying me and I'm not able to concentrate on my work. Leading to stress even after consultation with doctor the report of pelvic ultrasound is normal. But less monthly discharge is worrying me. Can it be problematic for my future. exercise can help.?
I am 26 years old I am trying for baby since 1 yr. My period is irregular ,my doctor suggests me follicular study .at 10 day my right ovary 8 mm and left is 7 mm and endometrium t/t is 5.2 and 13 day rt ovary nd left ovary is same size and endometrium t/t is 6 mm. After that my doctor giving me hcg5000 I.u injection .Tell me that injection increases my follicle size? And when I am ovulating? Suggest me any medicine and treatment for increase my follicle size soon. And this injection is safe for me or not?
Since a very long time she is having disturbing problems with her periods. It started in her teenage and is still ongoing. It never happens as it should. It does not happen to begin with she has to take medicines to begin her periods and then it won't stop again she has to medicines to stop it. And in between she looses too much blood. Very very rarely it happens normally and stops normally other wise every time she has to take medicines to start and stop it. She has been taking medicines for it from a long time but nothing seems to work. Please suggest what all test should be done? What could be the possible reason/s for this? What treatment should we go for and from which hospital in lucknow? Which medicine to take to start and which to stop? Because I am worried she might get some side effects from the medicines she is taking. And just to bring it to your attention that she has thyroid problems as well and she is taking her medicines regularly. Apart from that she has got a very severe hairfall as well.
I took I pill on 25 Oct. .after one week of that I had weakness n a slight whitish discharge. .is that something to worry like related to pregnancy? Will my dates be on time? Pls reply .seeking advice.
Is it normal to have light bleeding in early stage of pregnancy or is it any serious matter to have such situation.
My 2.5 years old female baby got some vagina injuries during her bath nd she bleed nd then stopped. Her hole is visible is she lost her virginity?
Dear sir, mam My wife has not period (MC) since last 60 days. There is any concerns about it. She is 25 years old. She has three children. Although she has done sterilization also 6 months ago.
I'm 46,l was not getting periods for past 3 months, before I had irregular periods, Is this the periods ends?
I took a unwanted 72 last month I had 2 days periods after that . I did my home pregnancy test recently it came negative but I am not having any periods . I am 5 days late from my periods days when can I expect my next periods please tell me.
A yeast infection in the vagina is characterized by itchiness, irritation in the vulva and vaginal discharge. Inflammation occurs in the tissues of the vagina, leading to constant itching. Though this is not a sexually transmitted infection, the fungus may spread via oral sex where the mouth and genitals come in contact.
The symptoms of vaginal yeast infection are:
1. You may experience a painful sensation during sexual intercourse
2. An itching sensation in the vaginal opening
3. A sore and painful vagina
4. Rashes may develop in the vagina
5. You may have a thick and whitish discharge from your vagina
Apart from this, the symptoms may turn severe under certain circumstances. The risk factors are:
1. If you are a diabetic, then you are at a high risk of contracting this infection
3. If you are taking medications or have infections such as HIV then it may cause your immune system to malfunction. This increases your risk of vaginal yeast infections.
4. Multiple episodes of yeast infections (about 4 or more).
Causes behind it
The vaginal yeast infection is caused by a fungus known as candida. This fungus naturally exists in the vagina along with a bacterium called ‘lactobacillus’. This bacteria produces a substance that controls the over growth of the yeast. Yeast infection occurs when the balance is disturbed due to various factors such as:
1. If you are pregnant
2. Taking antibiotics may modify the pH balance of your vagina, leading to yeast infection
3. Any therapy or medication that increases estrogen levels in the body
4. If you have diabetes or an impaired immune system
Medications such as ointments, tablets and creams are administered to get rid of the yeast infection. It is recommended to not use latex condoms as birth control measures; as the oily nature of the lotions and ointment can weaken the latex thus, increasing the risks of unplanned pregnancies.
There are certain preventive measures which you may adopt to prevent these infections, them being:
1. Do not wear tight fitting undergarments
2. The material of your clothes should preferably be cotton based
3. Do not use hot water for your bath
4. Don’t stay in your wet clothes for long hours