Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Anirudha NagarkarYour feedback matters!
I am mostly interested in other wife including my friend wife. But i am not that much interested in my wife.please help me,what's wrong with me?
What’s the Best Stress Relief Method? Am having big stress problems. What will be the best relief way.
I am experiencing muscle twitching symptoms. I was a regular mild smoker but I quit since 0ct 20 2015. Then again on March 2 2016 and 15 May 2016 I smoked two cigarettes in a party. Soon after quitting the twitching problem disappeared gradually. As and when I smoke a cigarette the symptom reappear. Now I have resolved to quit smoking forever ang have been trying hard.
I have a problem of remembering, I tend to forget things frequently, cannot remember what I study, or any of my friends name for a long time, I used to learn for xams but use to forget after xams. Please help.
Due to weed smoking my heart rate has increased. And it happens at the time of smoking weed What should I do. It makes me very nervous all the time.
I am 31 years old I have too much loss in my business and what tell to my family I am not tell any thing. now what can I do ?
Do allopathic medicines along with counselling or therapy cure anxiety disorder. Or generally how much time it will take to cure this disorder.
I have social anxiety. My face turns red and muscles of my cheeks twitches in those situations. Tell me what to do? I hate been going to crowded places. I hate standing on queues. I hate going to school fates. I just hate my life. Please advise.
I feel depressed. I couldn't concentrate on my studies although I want to. I feel tired and sleepy all the time. It cause me headache also in the evening.
I have feeling so depressed when others talking about me negatively, without doing any mistakes getting rumours for me, please tell me how to control my depression.
Mai depression se peedit hu aur mujhe koi bhi cgeez kai baar karne ki aadat hai kya meri ye beemari thik ho sakti hai aur mujhe chalte waqt hamesa peeche mudke dekhna padta hai.
Hello. I have faced speaking problem (fumbel, very fast speaking) from my childhood nd this problem made my lyf worst in many occasions. Nd this problem especially trigger on too much anger, happiness and in my odd situations .plz suggest me what to do? Will I talk fluent, clear like others? Is it treatable or not? Or should I concert which doctor.
Dear sir, I am a student I every day somke one cigarette. I am trying to stop it but I am unable to do it. Please tell me how to over come.
Ice packs and heating pads are the way to go when in pain. Treating pain with hot and cold therapy can be very effective for several conditions or injuries and easily affordable as well. However, the tricky part can be deciding when to apply hot and when to apply cold. At times, the therapy can include both the types.
As a general rule of thumb, ice is used for acute injuries or pain with characteristics of swelling or inflammation and heat is used for easing muscle pain or stiffness. Ultimately, both the therapies work well for treating pain.
How does heat and cold therapy relieve pain?
Both the therapies stimulate the body’s healing response. Heat therapy dilates the blood vessels, promotes blood circulation and alleviates muscle spasms. Additionally, it also alters the sensation of pain. Heat therapy employs heating pads or heating lamps for direct application of heat and also moist heat like warm baths, heated wash cloths or heated pads.
On the other hand, cold therapy constricts the blood vessels, reduces swelling and numbs any deep pain. At first, applying ice may be uncomfortable, but it helps by soothing acute pain. Cold therapy employs ice packs, coolant sprays, ice bath and also cryo-stretching, which uses cold to reduce muscle spasms during stretching.
- Using heat and ice. Whether you are using a hot pack or a cold therapy, ensure you apply the right temperature.
- When applying heat, it should not be too hot or it may lead to burns or scalds. The skin must be checked at regular intervals. Heat should not be applied to a new injury as it can increase bleeding around the injured area and make it worse. Heat is helpful for the following problems:
- Ice has been used for a long time to treat soft tissue injuries, where there is swelling. It is used to manage pain in the short term and can also be used on a long term basis to treat pain. Cold therapy is helpful in the following ways:
- Precautions when using ice and heat
Parents get very concerned when they are just not able to hold their child’s attention who is restless, hyperactive, anxious, highly energetic, and never attentive. For some, this could initially be an exciting phase but can be an indication of some serious underlying disorder too.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or hyperactive disorder or ADHD as it is commonly known is a group of symptoms including behavioural, mood, cognitive, and learning disabilities with a lot of aggression, irritability, excitability, forgetfulness, restlessness, reduced attention span, etc. in these children. Listed below are the common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
The impact is felt across all spheres of life including home, academics, school life, and in relationships with friends.
- Usually seen in children before the age of 7.
- With very short attention spans, the child constantly looks for something to do and be engaged.
- Very easy to get distracted even when engaged, the child is very restless.
- Sleep disorders.
- With constantly being on the toes, the child feels tired and lethargic.
- Difficulty prioritising and frequent procrastination.
- They forget things quite easily and would ask for help with coordinating movements.
- Rare, but some children can have learning disabilities like dyslexia, but their intelligence levels are not affected.
- Disorganisation, leading to poor motor coordination and impaired movements.
- Difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills may cause delay in engagement in sports.
- Diet changes with rise in processed foods and sugary diet.
- Social changes like nuclear families, single parents, lack of siblings, etc.
- Increased time spent with electronic devices.
Homoeopathy has an effective cure for ADHD as it looks at the child holistically and proposes remedies. Homeopathic constitutional treatment provides an effective solution for adhd. Some common remedies are listed below. A word of caution though never self-medicate using these. ADHD is a complex condition and should be assessed completely before initiating treatment.
- Tarentula Hispana: Most commonly used in treating idiosyncrasies. The child is hyperactive, compulsive, restless, constantly moving, and has difficult being in one place, can be violent and destructive. Strange, but they have a strong liking to music.
- Stramonium: When the child is fearful or aggressive or withdrawn (usually due to a traumatic event), they tend to seek attention and this is then used.
- Hyoscyamus Niger: Used in children who present with manic or sexualised symptoms.
Homeopathy is used in ADHD where symptoms are across the spectrum - hyperactive to complete withdrawal, completely based on symptoms and psychotherapy plays an important role in treatment through behaviour modification techniques like CBT. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.