Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Anil DesouzaYour feedback matters!
I am 48 years Old I am suffering with back pain how can I will get relief with simple medicine or excersize size please inform.
Dark spots near ankle, they appeared in left leg and then coming up in right. Starts from little red colour to darker color. Slight pain in calf muscles noticed.
In a journey I got jerk in my shoulders since then there is pain in my shoulders what should I do to ease the pain?
My husband is a civil engineer. But he is suffering from muscular pain in legs. He sometimes feel he does not have stamina to stand. Mostly has pain in legs all the time. Please kindly suggest what to do.
My wife age is 32 she is suffering from pain in legs to much her weight is also to much any tips. Please advise.
I am 27 Year old female and have the left leg (Whole Leg) pain for last 15 Days. I have used pain relief ointment or spray but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
Three years back I met with a bike accident. Now I am struggling from some body pain, mainly from back pain.
I have pimples over my heart, neck and back which spreads fastly and are red medium in size. It is some type of skin problem what should I do.
Hi m bhavi. My husband suffering in gout about 6yrs. please advice to reduced uric acid level and diet chart.
I am 82 years Male. Have for over 3 years tingling sensation on my left hand .diagnosed as CTS. It has now become acute and painful, besides stiff right shoulder.
My mom got back pain from loge time. She have difficulties to sit down and stand in kitchen and cook. I need help and suggestion for good doctor.
Dear sir madam it's khum here I'm suffering from back pain, right side on the particular point from last one week, what could be the reason and what could be the solution, I have not gone to the Dr. nor I'm taking any medicine. Kindly advise.
Hi, my wife is 6 months pregnant, she is suffering from leg pain (bearable) for two days also slight swelling is there. Please advise us what needs to be done. Kindly let us know if it is common during pregnancy and walking is safe/remedy during pain? Thanks in advance.
Concentrated pain in the neck can be especially tormenting. Before you look for a cure for this pain and start treating it, it is important that you try and find out the underlying cause behind it as well. Contacting a physiotherapist in time will allow you not only to avoid any and every side effect posed by neck pain, but also assist you to get good riddance from it.
Causes of Neck Pain:
There can be multiple causes of neck pain. The treatment of the same depends wholly on the factor that is causing the pain. Some of these causes of neck pain include
- Misaligned hips,
- Misaligned Spine,
- Misaligned shoulders,
- A constantly forward-tilted head,
- Lack of movement of the head from one specific position,
- Tensing up of the muscles in the upper back,
- Tensing up of the muscles in the neck region, etc.
- It is all these factors and a few more that end up resulting in stiffening of muscles in and around the neck and causing you intermediate to unbearable pain.
Exercises for neck pain:
Neck exercises are a predominant part of the treatment extended by every physiotherapist, to cure neck pain. Some of the most vital and effective exercises for neck pain are listed below.
- Frog: Funny as it way sounds, the frog is one of the best exercises when it comes to treating neck pain. All you have to do is lie down on the floor with your knees apart, your feet joined, your hands laid upward on the floor at a 45-degree angle to your body and just stay there in that position for two minutes. This will force your back to arch naturally, slowly giving some relief to your neck.
- Sitting floor: Try sitting floor for neck pain. All you have to do is sit straight with your back rested on a wall, with your legs laid straight forward. Bring together your shoulder blades and bend to help them meet your knees while curling the toes outward to optimal. Stay in this position for a good 3 minutes, without bending the legs.
- Static wall: Lie down on the floor with your bottom against a wall and your legs up it. You can always scoot back a bit if there is the slightest of discomfort. The aim here is to help the tail bone lie comfortably on the floor. Tighten your thigh muscles but curling your toes outward and pointing your feet straight out from its previous position. Maintain this position for 3 minutes for maximum effect.
- Static back: The static back is the most common and most helpful exercise for neck pain. All you got to do is lie down on the floor, while placing your legs on an elevated surface, such as an ottoman or a chair at a 45-degree angle to your body. Now put your arms at an angle of 45 degrees to your body as well, only sideways on your shoulder. Follow this position by lifting your palms and staying in that position for five to ten minutes.
All these exercises are aimed to positively influence one muscle or the other in and around the neck region and to help you get rid of that pain. Consult a physiotherapist first, and he/she will advise you on the best neck pain exercises.