Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Anil DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
These's been a lot of hair loss in my dog I have been using petglow tonic from a couple of days but there's no improvement.
My 10 months labrador, for past 2 days sits and drag his but on ground and lick it several times. I saw his butt (anal, it was a little reddish and there was a itching redness near his anal. Please suggest me what to do?
I have purchase my puppy from 500km away and travelled in train almost 12 hours. During that night only given milk one time and water. Then from next day I have given milk 3-4 times a day and small amount of time rice with milk continuously 2 days. Then since from last 2 days he is not eating anything and vomiting, dissentry and favour. I have given medicines for favour and vomiting but still he is vomiting but favour comes down. I am confused and very tensed what should I do?
Hi, My dog doesn't eat anything, he just love eating JERHIGH company sticks of differnet flavours. He is also suffering from thyroid, plus by licking his own front front legs, he has removed his hair from the front two legs.
My pomarian dog had aa infection on skin early now he a injury on under the neck due to scorching too much on that point so can we use betadine.
I have adopted a street dog and he is around 2.5 months old. He has a tendency to eat potty. I am giving 2.5ml of osteopet twice a day. Already 1 bottle is already finished. Please suggest.
Like human beings, dogs along with other mammals too suffer from arthritis, particularly when they are aging. Younger dogs can also suffer from arthritic changes which can be painful and uncomfortable for the dog. This pain is caused by different signs and symptoms of arthritis and being aware of those signs can help you access early treatment and recovery.
- Limping on the legs: This is the first sign of arthritis when you see your dog limp on one or more of his legs. Under certain circumstances, the limp is seen to be in its severe state when the dog first rises and then it gradually becomes unnoticeable when the dog warms up.
- Difficulty in moving: The dog may be reluctant in moving or taking part in its favorite activities. It could be something like playing in the backyard or getting inside the car or going up and down the stairs. If this is the case with your dog, then you should not ignore it and look for medical assistance.
- Discomfort in the spinal region: Arthritic alterations may not only occur in the legs of the dog, but also in the several parts of its body. These alterations may result in abnormal posture, sore and swelling of the neck or lameness in the hind legs.
- Tiredness and fatigue: You may have known your dog to be very active, but these days, you see it become tired too easily. For your dogs, this could mean that the walks have shortened and even painful. When plagued by these conditions, your dog would want to spend most of its time resting and sleeping.
- Easily irritated: Arthritic animals, be it a cat or a dog is definite to be irritated very easily. Some of them may even bite or scratch when handled or approached. The condition is even worsened when the pet is handled in a way that triggers its arthritic pain.
- Dying off of the tissues in the muscle: When a dog suffers from arthritis, it may also cause muscle atrophy or dying off of the muscle owing to decreased movement of the muscle and inactivity. When the dog has muscle atrophy, the legs would become thinner than normal legs.
- Licking the affected area: Dogs who are suffering from arthritic pain may develop a habit of biting, chewing and licking the affected area. Even though it is normal to indulge in such activities, it may reach an extent where the area becomes inflamed or there is a loss of hair in those areas in the body.
It is not that your dog would all of these signs if it has arthritis and therefore, you must consult with a reputed veterinarian if you see any of these signs without further delay.
Finally osteoarthritis is a multifactorial disease. Genetic predisposition, inherited skeletal disorders like hip dysplasia, pollution factors inducing free radical damage may make your dog prone to oasteoarthiris. Obesity is a common factor which aggravates the sufferings. Dietary management, physical managements like controlled exercise & swimming, physiotherapy and feed supplements that protect joints & bone structures along with available commercial diets for nourishing those delicate structures may be a good gateway tovprovide your beloved pet a quality life. Consult your Vet.
My female spitz aged 2yr limps frequently, as if she has pain in her hind legs. What could be the possible reason?
I bought male lab of 2 months . And now I think it is a time for time for his vaccination. Well want to know proper vaccination process and vaccines recommended. Post and pre conditions of my puppy. Side effects please answer in detail.
My dog is vomiting continuously? He vomited yesterday morning and was OK entire day. He ate haven samagri, today he is vomiting continuously.
I have 2 dogs mail and female I won't her baby dogs so please you suggest me how can abort in baby before cross suggest any medicine and vaccination.
My puppy (Golden Retriever) is 38 days old. It shakes its head very often. My parents are planning to give it back. So please tell me, is it really something so serious. Please give me reply Asap. Please .
My Labrador dog is been affected by bugs.And now it's became a wound. What medicine should i give him? Please suggest some medicine that is available in Kerala
We have a Cockerspanal & Dashhund mixed breed, 2 years male, Very active. The problem is he does not eat much. We give him Chicken/Mutton mixed with rice in the Morning and Night. Morning and Evening glass of milk. Pedigree is all the time kept in the bowl. The problem is eats only Chicken/Mutton and does not eat rice. He does not eat Egg or anything else. We have given him deworming tablet recently and we give him every 3 months. Pl. Let us know whether this is okay or what else can be tried. He has got some small tick in the body although we have treated him for tick. Please Advice.
My dog is not eating and her activeness has also decreased to a considerable level.What should I do?
Deworm with ivermectin ( adults ) consult your vet for dosage . Ivermectin works on internal as well as exetrnal para sites :) . May yours pets live an itch free summers this time