Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anil BhutelaYour feedback matters!
How good you perform in bed depends not only in your moves, but strangely and incredibly on what you eat. A good sexual life is desired by all and if that is linked with food, it only makes the prospect attainable and easy.
Some of the foods which help you spice up your sex life are:
- Strawberries: The reputation of strawberries as an aphrodisiac is well known as well as well established. According to research, strawberry considerably improves sexual functioning in men and women. At the same time, it is rich in antioxidants and increases sperm count in men.
- Avocados: It is a common knowledge that anything that helps the functioning of heart and enhances blood circulation works as a great boost for the sex life. It is precisely this that makes Avocadoes a great option to improve your sex life. Being rich in vitamin E, they work wonders for the heart, thereby reducing the risk of an erectile dysfunction that most men suffering from heart diseases tend to develop.
- Almonds: It is common knowledge that almonds are good not only for your health, but also for spicing up your sex life. Being rich in selenium, almonds help in treating problems related to infertility. At the same time, they boost libido in men and increase the production of sex hormones in men.
- Sweet potatoes: Unknown to many, sweet potatoes are a great aphrodisiac. Packed with potassium, they help in preventing high blood pressure, thereby reducing chances of erectile dysfunction.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds, a common ingredient in many of your food items, are packed with zinc. It is this that makes them an excellent source for boosting libido.
- Watermelon: This may top your list as a favorite fruit as it provides considerable relief in summer but what you may know is that along with low calories, it is high in phytonutrients, thereby helping in improving your sex life.
Yesterday I got my blood report in which thyroid tsh is 8.40. What does it mean. I am 2 months pregnant. Is it harmful for my baby? please suggest and which med should I get?
Mangoes contain good quantities of fiber, vitamin k, phosphorus, magnesium and iron. Research has shown that mangoes' high magnesium and potassium content to lower blood pressure significantly. A natural way to lower high blood pressure is to follow a healthy diet and to exercise.
Raised blood pressure is not a disease in itself. It is just a sign of some underlying disorder. Homeopathy offers good prognosis for cases of essential hypertension. The treatment is based upon the cause and the totality of the case.
A constitutional homoeopathic treatment will cure you permanently.
I got my periods after 6 months of delivery. It weaken me alot and coming with very heavy flow. My baby is still taking breast feed. What can i do to get relief?
Must-haves before Holi:
- A bottle of oil (Coconut/ Sesame/ Mustard/ Olive)
- Nail Polish (Colored or clear)
- Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline)
- Pair of spectacles, no contact lenses please
- Protect your skin and hair
It is extremely important to apply at least two generous layer of oil to your hair and scalp, face, neck, shoulders, arms, legs and any exposed area of your body, especially the insides of your ears and navel, and the area between fingers and toes. Make sure you moisturize your lips as well. I recommend coconut, olive, mustard or sesame (til) oil. Applying oil will help get the color off easily when you bathe after Holi. It will also protect your skin and hair from dryness, fizziness, roughness and irritation.
Girls, make sure you tie your hair after applying oil. Braid it or tie it into a bun to protect them from getting damaged in case someone pulls them while playing Holi.
Guys, don’t shave for 2-3 days before Holi. This would protect your pores from color granules and chemicals.
Protect your eyes
Do NOT wear contact lenses. This is because color can get trapped in the layer between your eye and the lens causing corneal infection or other eye diseases.
NOTE: In case color gets in your eyes, do not rub. Wash it immediately with cold water.
I am suffering from herpes genitals last 19 years. Please, tell me that it's a totally curable disease? These disease can transfer one generation to his other generation? & please give further treatment tips.
My Wife is having started period on 16 Feb.2015 and end on 19/20Feb.2015. During the month we enjoyed sex. My wife is waiting for periods from 18Th Mar.2015. But it not came. Please suggest any medicine if Pregnancy is there.
My age is 52 years old. I have an problem menstruation and bleeding very often. My hemoglobin is low. What should I do?
We are married since dec'2015. We have started our marital life with proper protection using condom for 6 months, after that we have decided for baby, but with several attempts my wife is failed to conceive. Please suggest. May I do intercourse during her periods for ve result.
Homeopathy is a holistic and a natural approach towards quick healing of an ailing individual. An estimate suggests that about 30% of the Indian population relies solely on the homeopathic treatment for their medical complications. People have witnessed incredible results with Homeopathy. The best part of Homeopathy is that there are no side effects associated with it, making it a much safer form of treatment. The fact that Homeopathy is both cost efficient and holistic or permanent in its cure, is one of the key benefits of this treatment.
Let us discuss some of the benefits of Homeopathy in detail:
- No side-effects: Homeopathic medicines are very safe to consume as they are formulated using natural ingredients. Homeopathic pills are known to boost our immune systems and do not hamper digestion process. They do not cause allergies and suits almost everyone including children, adults and even pregnant and senior patients. National medicine agencies assure the safety and quality of homeopathy medicines as per the requirements of European Union Legislation and European Pharmacopoeia standards. Furthermore, homeopathy medication is completely free from chemicals and synthetic materials.
- Effective and Permanent cure: Acute or Chronic - homeopathy works like a miracle in both the cases. It treats a disease from its root and thus follows a more holistic or permanent approach to healing a person with least chances of reoccurrence of the disease. Most effective for allergic disorders and seasonal illnesses, homeopathy works wonders for bacterial or viral infections.
- Inexpensive and cost effective: When compared to conventional drugs, these medicines are much less expensive. Homeopathy medicines are also sustainable as they can be stored for prolonged periods and reused, if required.
- Long term gain: Studies have shown that homeopathic treatment ensures long term relief, eventually leading to complete cure. It is best known to boost our immune systems and strengthen the body's defense mechanisms alongside curing our diseases. There are least chances of reoccurrence of the disease, with this medication.
- Gentle way of treatment and easy to administer: One of the vital reasons behind prescribing homeopathic medicine over conventional drugs is its gentle nature. The doses are in the form of sweet globules and thus are consumable by people of all age groups. Those who do not want to consume the sweetened globules have provision for liquids, powders or dissolvable tablets. The best part is that there are no injections! It boasts of non-invasive therapy and avoids surgery. It can be very well incorporated along with other therapies and medication.
Further, the medications of homeopathy are non-addictive in nature unlike some of the chemical antibiotics. Studies have shown that with appropriate medical treatment, homeopathy can reverse even the most chronic disorders with its gentle approach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
My age is 25 years and I got married for 2 years still I do not have child now ,i going for medication and treatment from 1 year and I have the infertility issues like my fallopian tubes are blocked laparoscopic surgery had done last 8 months before but I did not get pregnant and my endometrium is thin but it reaches to 7 mm on my ovulation day .In this month I have gone for iui for one cycle for one time and pcod problem also their plss tell me that I have chances of pregnant.
I am 8 week pregnant I had scan everything is fine but suddenly I stopped vomiting no morning sick also before I use to get lot of vomiting is there any problem because I had abortion twice.
Hum honey moon pe hai meri bv k perids ki dat bhi honey moon k date pr hai to usne periods delay hone ki tab le hai perids delay bhi ho gye but kl rat mai sex kia or condom tear ho ga to kya o unwanted 72 le skti hai? Bcz usne periods delay ki bhi pills li thi to reaction to nhi hoga usse?
Becoming a parent is the most cherishing moment in a couple's life, hence it is important to ensure that both the mother and the baby are healthy. In today's world lot of factors like environmental, socio-economic, lifestyle associated, and addictions such as smoking and alcohol affect the health of both men and women. If the parents have ill health or unhealthy lifestyle practices, the same can complicate matters and also cause infertility.
Prenatal Counseling: Today's life, especially in the metro cities, is fast and becoming more stressful. Pregnancy is a period when the health of the baby is directly dependent on the health of the mother and father. Also during the early phase of pregnancy the development of a baby inside the womb is very rapid and is the base for its future. Preconception counseling helps parents to understand and identify the different factors affecting the growth of the baby along with the modifications or complete illumination of these factors (if possible) to maintain the healthy development of the baby and the health of the mother as well.
Hence preconception counseling is a good initiative towards a healthy outcome. It not only guides the parent about the healthy lifestyle but also helps to find out the genetic factors causing any malformation or medical conditions, affecting the baby- the mother- the whole family through an emotional, psychological, social and economic point of view. It helps the parents to understand the condition, its future consequences so that they are able to take informed decisions.
The Prenatal Counseling Guides About:
- The right height and weight as per the BMI. This highlights the right attributes needed for conception
- Blood pressure to check any abnormality
- Medical history - whether they have had any medical treatment for any particular disease. If yes, then what are the medications? They check whether these are safe medications for pregnancy or not. The doctors then alter them accordingly to avoid any harmful effect on pregnancy.
- Abdominal & pelvic examination to rule out any abnormality
- Rubella screening- It is important to have a vaccine. As Rubella causes abortions or congenital birth defects in baby.
- Varicella screening to assess any chances of future abnormalities
- Depression screening as its medication are harmful for the baby & also if mother is not prepared for pregnancy then the outcome is usually affected.
- Blood tests like urine analysis, complete blood count, sugar, blood group & tests for -STDS (HIV, VDRL), Hepatitis B, thyroid dysfunction
- The importance of well-balanced nutritional diet and how to opt it
- The change or modification in the lifestyle to reduce stress
- Exercise and its benefits
- Any family history of any disease like Haemophilia and the steps towards it
- Quitting alcohol and smoking as they have adverse effects on the growth and development of baby
- Any kind of drug addiction having ill effect on the health of both mother and baby
Thus prenatal counseling in planning a baby is a step towards ensuring a healthy outcome.
I am 28 years old. Meri one month se bleeding ni ruki. Medicine chl ri h koi frk ni Pad raha any suggestions for me.
How many of us know that a deficiency of Vitamin B6, also known as pyridoxine can make you susceptible for heart disease, brain degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s as well as muscle pain, depression and dragging fatigue?
Vitamin B6 is one of the most crucial vitamins for health and it’s a part of the vitamin B complex family. Now, all B vitamins, including vitamin B6, play an important role in a number of life-altering physical and psychological functions. All of them have a vital role to play in helping to maintain a healthy metabolism, nerve and liver function as well as skin and eye health, as well as good amount of energy levels.
Role of Vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine has a number of derivatives, including pyridoxal, pyridoxal 5-phosphate and pyridoxamine. And all of these are involved in major body functions like movement, memory, energy use and blood flow. This is the primary reason why a vitamin B6 deficiency can show up in a range of symptoms from physical to psychological, temporary to chronic and serious.
Vitamin B6 also helps your body to
Maintain a healthy nervous system
- To make more hemoglobin, blood cells that carry oxygen in blood
- To provide energy from our food
- To balance blood sugar levels
- To act as a natural pain relief
- To boost mood
- To create antibodies for self-protection
Preventing a Vitamin B6 Deficiency
The recommended amount of vitamin B6 for an adult under the age of 50 is 1.3 milligrams. Normally, this amount is easy to get from your diet, assuming you are eating a balanced diet with enough calories. However, the amount the body’s requirement for vitamin B6 jumps up as you age. Experts recommend that adults over 50 get up to 1.7 milligram daily of this vitamin.
As this requirement is not met, older people get more prone to a vitamin B6 deficiency and so do malnourished children and adults. Foods like poultry, pork, nuts and beans contain high levels of vitamin B6 and you can include more of these to get the recommended dose of vitamin B6. However, since vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin, so you need to replenish your body with it daily as it doesn’t get stored in the body.
Symptoms of Vitamin B6 deficiency:
Lack of energy and chronic fatigue: Vitamin B6 helps supply your body with energy by improving your metabolism. It has a vital role to play in protein metabolism – it helps your body break down the protein that you eat and produce energy quickly. So one very important pointer that you have a vitamin B6 deficiency is when you get fatigued quickly during exercise.
Brain function decline: Vitamin B6 vitamin helps your brain communicate with other parts of the body more efficiently. So, if you have a decline in muscle efficiency it could be a sign of vitamin B6 deficiency.
High Levels of amino acid Homocysteine: High levels of amino acid Homocysteine do not cause any symptoms that you can detect by yourself but tests can tell you if you have high levels of this amino acid in your body. And these high levels are directly linked to vitamin B6 deficiency. What high levels of homocysteine can do is cause heart attacks. But vitamin B6 helps keep a check on these levels to reduce your risk for a cardiovascular event.
Other symptoms of vitamin B6 deficiency are:
- Changes in mood, such as depression, irritability, and anxiety
- Muscle pains
- A worsening of PMS symptoms
- And worsening of symptoms of anemia
- As vitamin B6 is so important for nerve function, a deficiency is linked with neuro-psychiatric disorders like seizures, migraines, and chronic pain.
- An increased risk of heart disease and rheumatoid arthritis
- Higher risk for Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.